Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raiders signing david irving

Nice pick up if he has his head on straight. 6-7, 290. Inside outside type player, will get into the passing lanes. With Nassib down for 2 months, will fill the bill as backup pass rusher.

In an interview with Rob Marinelli a couple years ago in Dallas, he was talking about him coming back.
    He said he sees him out on the field and he’s just a dinosaur. He’s built different.

A Cowboys media guy that covers the team said he’s the most physically dominant DL I’ve ever seen.
    But he’s gatta get his head right and not be suspended.

If this guy is right physically and mentally, we have a force in the middle that will demand attention from the OL.
    HUGE signing!!!
    Keep the heat on Hurst, Collins, and Hankins to up their games or their snap count will show.

David Irving DL, Las Vegas Raiders
    Raiders signed DL David Irving, formerly of the Cowboys.

Irving, who has been suspended for all but two games since the beginning of the 2018 season, was conditionally reinstated just four days ago. If Irving, who has a history of failed/missed drug tests and "quitting" football, can actually get on the field, he would help goose one of the league's worst pass rushes. There is still a long way between Dot A and Dot B for the 27-year-old, who will presumably need several weeks just to get in shape.

I like the signing. He has the potential of be a great addition and I'm sure the contract is not busting our cap.

Looks like a good signing. Hopefully not another....dare I say....Aldon Smith....who's doing well in Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Looks like a good signing. Hopefully not another....dare I say....Aldon Smith....who's doing well in Dallas!
    I wish we had signed Smith when he was reinstated. Who knew he would do well? Irving might be a better addition.
    Last edited by Johnkr; 10-20-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkr View Post
    i wish we had signed smith when he was reinstated. Who new he would do well? Irving might be a better addition.
    younger,bigger,stronger and more disruptive

Hope he ain't smoking ganja to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    Hope he ain't smoking ganja to celebrate!
    Thought you can't get suspended for the Mary Jane anymore?