Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Khalil Mack.....who got the better deal

I hope Chucky can evolve his Offense....
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    So what happens when we go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the
    playoffs next year? Imho i dont think were 1 year away, more like a few years away, even if we make the playoffs were not on the same level as the elite teams...For us going into year 4 with Gruden, and still far off from being a serious contender is a joke...
    Well this year Gruden really need to either make the playoffs or at least get a really good record like 10-6...or I will be starting to jump on the looking for a new Headcoach bandwagon if we again go 8-8 with the worst defense in the NFL....Gruden has not even got a DC yet which is starting to worry me as it look like he will bring in another Gruden buddy to run the defense....

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    I hope Chucky can evolve his Offense....
    Agreed, early on, we were firing. I mean even red zone. Creative plays, dragging Waller in motion, trail, it with Ingold for the TD. Gruden is brilliant in those multiple TE formations, then again it's easy having a non threat like Lee Smith fake a block and go unnoticed to the weakside of the field. Witten/Waller certainly draws a few more eyes, which in many ways should loosen up the interior line for a 1 yard push in the middle....and of course we found that difficult in the last half of the season, not sure what it was, Hudson/Jackson/Good losing steam as the season wore on.....who knows. Looks like Carr will be sticking around another season, which should help to continue to build on Gruden's playbook, it's usage and being aggressive with it that was the lack, especially the Jet game, that should have never come down to the final play.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    2 yrs ago we would have been 9-7 if the refs weren't blind,this yr we would have been 10-6 if we had an avg defense (blew 3 games with less then 2 minutes including one with 18 sec)

ps i believe we will make the playoffs 2021 with improved defense thanks to new d cord
    Bass .. "could have" , "would have" , etc just doesn't fly in this business man. Sure we've been shafted quite a few times by the refs, but at the end of the day the blame is in house.

IMHO, after three years, the blame is on Gruden and Gruden alone. One could make the argument that Mark deserves some of the blame for giving Gruden too much power.

------------------------------------------

The roster was not adequately addressed in the off-season:

- Why didn't we draft a RT? Everyone and their mother knew Brown was going to play half a season again.

- Why didn't we sign a proper edge rusher? Did we really believe the trio of Crosby, Ferrell, and Nassib was going to get the job done?

- Safety was an issue for us; why didn't we bring back Joseph? Why didn't we go out and sign a proper safety rather than signing Witten and Harris? $6 million between those two players

- Why did we overpay for Nassib, Witten, Heath (he was alright), and Harris?

Far too many draft picks have been a reach or simply wasted: Out of 13 picks in the first three rounds, only three (maybe four if you include Ferrell) have been hits (relatively speaking)

- 1st round picks: Miller, Ferrell, Jacobs, Abram, Ruggs, Arnette (only Jacobs has lived up to his draft position thus far, while Miller looks to be just good enough)

- 2nd round picks: Hall, Mullen (solid)

- 3rd round picks: Parker, Key, Bowden, Edwards, Muse (Parker is still a question mark 3 years later, Bowden traded for a 4th, Edwards looks alright, and Muse looks to be a massive reach)

Coaching has been atrocious on defense, and pathetic in the red-zone on offense:

- Why was Guenther given three years when he was showing ZERO improvement? Why was he kept around despite not being able to develop players (aside from Maxx Crosby)?

- Guys like Collins & Littleton were far better on other teams. Ward, Joseph (I'm missing a few) join other teams and they look just fine, why?

- How many times are we going to see Gruden just run up the gut on a 1st down? How many downs did we waste in the red-zone with predictable plays?

- Why isn't our red zone efficiency improving despite adding talent and spending so much of our cap on offense?

This is just the tip of the iceberg .. Gruden needs to get his shit together ASAP
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 01-13-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Again im gonna ask the question of khalil mack fans "do you think khalil mack is worth 27 million a yr for the next 3 yrs" after causing the bears defense to go from #3 to #9 to #14 in team defense ranks and getting last 2 yrs 8.5 and 9.5 sacks only

There aren't any Khalil Mack fans on the forum. You keep arguing with shadows. Take your meds, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    There aren't any Khalil Mack fans on the forum. You keep arguing with shadows. Take your meds, bro.
    If Mack stayed; he would have been a true leader for the Raiders defense; at this moment I do not think we have a defensive player that been on the team with more than 3 years experience as a raiders....he would have been that coach on the field for the raiders now...

Who gives a shit? He’s GONE. He didn’t want to be here, so he’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    there aren't any khalil mack fans on the forum. You keep arguing with shadows. Take your meds, bro.
    the "lone mack fan chimes in but wont answer if he is worth 27 million a yr for next 3 yrs"

Quote Originally Posted by superraider View Post
    if mack stayed; he would have been a true leader for the raiders defense; at this moment i do not think we have a defensive player that been on the team with more than 3 years experience as a raiders....he would have been that coach on the field for the raiders now...
    he would be counting 27 million a yr for the next 3 yrs also,so instead of being 7 million over the cap we would be 34 million over the cap,you think macks leadership is worth 27 million and huge cap issues...hell no