Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC Sports BayArea Derek Carr playing at elite level so far through Raiders 2-0 start

NBC Sports BayArea Derek Carr playing at elite level so far through Raiders 2-0 start

https://sports.yahoo.com/derek-carr-...031523622.html

The player who has completed 50-of-68 passes for 521 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions over a 2-0 start is more in control of the Las Vegas offense than a judge over his courtroom. Carr is doing most everything right. He has a NFL-best 141.4 passer rating on third down through two weeks. Chains. Moving.

“This guy’s a great quarterback and we’re surrounding him with better players,” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said. “When our defense starts playing to their potential, he could be even better. He does so much with the ball and without the ball and behind the scenes that Raider fans should be proud of him. I know I am.”
    Last edited by R8RFanatic; 09-24-2020 at 03:08 PM.

I think it's pretty fair to say Pussyboy is playing at an 'elite' level so far. I'd say he's been excellent so far, not exactly 'elite'....but I don't have a problem with anyone saying he's been elite.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I think it's pretty fair to say Pussyboy is playing at an 'elite' level so far. I'd say he's been excellent so far, not exactly 'elite'....but I don't have a problem with anyone saying he's been elite.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY
    “Pussyboy is playing at an elite level”

“Carrbage has been excellent”

You sound ridiculous. Pick a lane man.

Puusyboy has been excellent so far. That's the lane I'm in.

I don't have a problem with people saying Pussyboy has been playing at an elite level, although I think saying Pussyboy has played excellently thus far is a more accurate description.

I'd say Russ Wilson is playing at a truly elite level. That cat has about the same number of TD passes as he does incompletions and is deadly with his legs as well.

I don't have a real problem with people characterizing Pussyboy's play thus far as bring 'elite'. Just semantics.

Hope the mediocre pussy keeps his excellent/elite level of play up.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

You can lose to NE, hell you can lose to buffalo.. just beat KC,

One game at a time, my friend.

Fuck losing to NE and Buffalo. Let's beat their asses too.

But you're right....nothing is more important than beating the Queefs.

Have to beat the best if you want to be the best.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    One game at a time, my friend.

Fuck losing to NE and Buffalo. Let's beat their asses too.

But you're right....nothing is more important than beating the Queefs.

Have to beat the best if you want to be the best.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY
    That's right,, Max Crosby meet cam newton.

Quote Originally Posted by Raideriam View Post
    You can lose to NE, hell you can lose to buffalo.. just beat KC,
    No.. no.. and yes.
    I want to see 5-0.
    Yes its a dream at this point BUT if we can continue to put up 30+ and our defense starts gelling as they put more time in together, its not impossible.
    If we are able to pull off this trio, the
    NFL media will be splooging Raiders day and night

Carr has played really well through the first two games of the season, and he's definitely in the conversation for top 10 QB, but let's not get carried away with "elite".

Five QB's have a higher nextgenstats passer rating (six if you include Jimmy G)

Russell Wilson
    Lamar Jackson
    Josh Allen
    Ryan Tannehill
    Aaron Rodgers

ESPN has him at 14 in their adjusted QBR rankings which accounts for the strength of the opposing defense among other factors/variables

(https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oved-qb-rating)

1 Aaron RodgersGB
    2 Russell WilsonSEA
    3 Josh AllenBUF
    4 Patrick MahomesKC
    5 Kyler MurrayARI
    6 Ryan TannehillTEN
    7 Jimmy GaroppoloSF
    8 Ryan FitzpatrickMIA
    9 Baker MayfieldCLE
    10 Lamar JacksonBAL
    11 Dak PrescottDAL
    12 Matt RyanATL
    13 Jared GoffLAR
    14 Derek CarrLV

Obviously I'm taking this with a grain of salt after seeing Mayfield at 9. However, it's clear as day that there's been an inordinate amount of outstanding QB play through the first two games of the season and all that did is raise the standard for who and what qualifies as "elite".

Let's hope the positive momentum continues this weekend in NE, and let's also hope Guenther pulls his head out of his ass ASAP.
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 09-24-2020 at 09:21 PM.

818 Although your view of Carr is different from some on this board it is nice to see that you are not totally unreasonable in your views and will give credit when due. We can only hope that he continues to play at this level for the rest of the season