Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Derek Carr is now the all-time Raider leader in 4th qtr comeback victories (19)

JaMoron had plenty of arm talent but no brains or desire.

Gannon's arm talent was average at best but he was a fabulous field general. He made the most of his natural abilities.

Pussyboy has superior arm talent, but what fucking good is it unless he uses it ?

You can pooh-pooh being dead last in intended air yards all you want but to me it speaks volumes about Carrbage.

Pussyboy also has pretty good wheels. Again, what fucking good are they if he doesn't use them ?

The comparison of Pussyboy to Favre is absolutely hysterical.

I've also heard Pussyboy being called 'baby Aaron Rodgers'.

The 'baby' part is right, but that's also hysterical.

Stop with the fucking excuses. Start pushing the ball downfield. Use those legs. Make some goddamn plays. Put up points.

The rest is bullshit.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

I actually think we were very lucky on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    That's a very good question.

Nature of the game. QB is the focal point. Gets the credit for the wins and losses.

Props to Pussyboy for the comebacks wins. The comeback wins do not erase Pussyboy's other obvious shortcomings and failures though.

Pussyboy was solid yesterday. We scored 34 and the toss to Agholor was a dime.

Of course, it helps when the OL protects him so well that he's untouched the entire game and JJ is beasting.

No real complaints about Carrbage yesterday, though.

The going will get tougher as the season progresses.

Hooray for the comeback wins. I still think Carrbage is a mediocre pussy.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY
    A pass interference call on third down kept the drive alive, on a pass Carr should not have thrown into double coverage and likely should have been intercepted.

Of course, our defense should have picked off a couple, too.

What was most bothersome to me, and I don't know if this is on Carr or Gruden or both, but playing not to lose when holding a 12-point lead nearly cost us the game.

We either squeak out a tight victory; we never seem to be able to put another team away. We get ahead 10 or 12 points and start to coast.

The fact is that the Panthers are in a rebuilding year with a new system and no real offseason to get everyone acclimated. We are in the third year of the same system with a good core of players who have been in this same system at least two or three years now. We should have put Carolina away a lot easier than we did.

Other than the nice pass to Nellie and the pass to the wide open Ruggs, Carr once again never really tested the defense downfield (except on the one he shouldn't have thrown).

A win is a win is a win, but at some point this team has to step up and put a team away. This is what championship teams do -- put lesser teams away.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Drops

2019 - 12th in the NFL w/ 25 drops
    2018 - 27th in the NFL w/ 33 drops

We averaged 29 drops over the last two seasons, while the league wide average was about 27 during that same period (close to average).

In 2019 the Chiefs, Saints, 49ers, and Bills all had a higher dropped pass % and all of these teams were in the playoffs

Separation in 2019

Renfrow- 11th in NFL
    Waller - 33rd in NFL
    Jones - 41st in NFL

Drops in key situations might be another stat. This is yet another example of how stats without proper context can be so misleading.

We had a lot of CLUTCH drops at game changing moments over the last two years from the WR position.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    A pass interference call on third down kept the drive alive, on a pass Carr should not have thrown into double coverage and likely should have been intercepted.

Of course, our defense should have picked off a couple, too.

What was most bothersome to me, and I don't know if this is on Carr or Gruden or both, but playing not to lose when holding a 12-point lead nearly cost us the game.

We either squeak out a tight victory; we never seem to be able to put another team away. We get ahead 10 or 12 points and start to coast.

The fact is that the Panthers are in a rebuilding year with a new system and no real offseason to get everyone acclimated. We are in the third year of the same system with a good core of players who have been in this same system at least two or three years now. We should have put Carolina away a lot easier than we did.

Other than the nice pass to Nellie and the pass to the wide open Ruggs, Carr once again never really tested the defense downfield (except on the one he shouldn't have thrown).

A win is a win is a win, but at some point this team has to step up and put a team away. This is what championship teams do -- put lesser teams away.
    Yeah, we caught a break on that PI by Tahir Whitehead....and it's true Pussyboy didn't make any oustanding throws on the game winning drive....all dumpoffs....but it worked....that's what matters....he did a nice job.

Gruden gets way too conservative with a lead. No doubt about it. Pussyboy is all too happy to go along with it and be conservative too. He's not blameless in this either.

You'd think Gruden would realize by now that no lead is safe with our defense.

Can't remember the last time we put a team away and had an easy win.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

Gannon said during the game Carr has options to call whatever play he wants, that's the system Gruden has implemented. He lets Carr call the plays at the line of scrimmage. Gruden is a conservative type of coach, but even he said he would like to go downfield more, which tells me Carr isn't willing to take those shots. Lots of other QBs will take the chance a throw a contested ball and many times there is a pass interference call in favor of the offense, how many times has Carr done this in the past seasons? Again, I'm not saying Carr should just be reckless and just let it fly, but his fear of throwing interceptions is killing this team.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Gannon said during the game Carr has options to call whatever play he wants, that's the system Gruden has implemented. He lets Carr call the plays at the line of scrimmage. Gruden is a conservative type of coach, but even he said he would like to go downfield more, which tells me Carr isn't willing to take those shots. Lots of other QBs will take the chance a throw a contested ball and many times there is a pass interference call in favor of the offense, how many times has Carr done this in the past seasons? Again, I'm not saying Carr should just be reckless and just let it fly, but his fear of throwing interceptions is killing this team.
    game 1 carr was aggressive and threw down field but once henry ruggs got injured he went back into a shell

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    game 1 carr was aggressive and threw down field but once henry ruggs got injured he went back into a shell

That's one way to interpret it.

I saw it as Carr was throwing downfield when he had a WR that was able to create separation, and then using his underneath weapons when that WR was out with an injury.

Some eye opening stats that emphasize why Pussyboy must take deep shots and attempt to stretch the field:

Derek Carr had 2 completions in the 1st half on throws 20+ yards downfield in the opener for the Raiders. It was just the 9th time he's done that in his career and 1st time under Gruden.

Raiders are 10-3 in Derek Carr's career when he completes 3+ deep balls (20+ yards downfield) in a game, 12-15 when he does it twice in a game, and 18-37 when he does it once or fewer.

Gruden needs to continually whip Carrbage and emphasize the importance of stretching the field. Pussyboy is only interested in getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less and non-stop 2 yard tosses.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

Good stats

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Some eye opening stats that emphasize why Pussyboy must take deep shots and attempt to stretch the field:

Derek Carr had 2 completions in the 1st half on throws 20+ yards downfield in the opener for the Raiders. It was just the 9th time he's done that in his career and 1st time under Gruden.

Raiders are 10-3 in Derek Carr's career when he completes 3+ deep balls (20+ yards downfield) in a game, 12-15 when he does it twice in a game, and 18-37 when he does it once or fewer.

Gruden needs to continually whip Carrbage and emphasize the importance of stretching the field. Pussyboy is only interested in getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less and non-stop 2 yard tosses.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

You have got to challenge the defense, otherwise, the defense only has to cover a 20 yard field. With Carr, he sometimes uses only 10 yards of it.

As Al said and believed, you have to stretch the field vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    You have got to challenge the defense, otherwise, the defense only has to cover a 20 yard field. With Carr, he sometimes uses only 10 yards of it.

As Al said and believed, you have to stretch the field vertically.
    walls stretches defense but he needs ruggs on the field to really open up the field for everybody,i wish rico could get on the field kids got plenty of speed to stretch the field