Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd Predicts When Marcus Mariota Will Start For The Raiders

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Colin Cowherd Predicts When Marcus Mariota Will Start For The Raiders

I kinda figure that what going to happen; Marcus was brought in to replace Carr by halfway point....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I kinda figure that what going to happen; Marcus was brought in to replace Carr by halfway point....
    i dont see it happening,marcus needs to mend up and catch up still,confidence is probably shot also

Cowherd might be right.

After Carolina week one, the RAIDERS will be facing the Saints, Pats, Bills, Chefs and Bucs. That's a pretty tough first 6 weeks.

To make the playoffs, we're going to have to beat some good teams. Pussyboy has beaten a grand total of 4 playoff teams in 6 years.

If the RAIDERS come out of those first 6 games. 2-4 or worse, and Carrbage isn't putting up points....Gruden really won't have much choice but to yank Pussyboy.

If the Defense is atrocious and we lose because of giving up an avalanche of points, Pussyboy will get a pass because that's beyond his control. But if the offense is stagnant, Mariota should and probably will be given a chance.

Pussyboy better perform well from the get-go, otherwise he's gonna be a 20 million dollar clipboard holder bitching about being disrespected.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i dont see it happening,marcus needs to mend up and catch up still,confidence is probably shot also
    Marcus is a starter; and if Carr does
    what he did last season he will be yanked...
    If Raiders go 0-3, Gruden will have to
    really start moving on with Carr like he
    did with Jeff George....

After Carolina we are facing two of the best team in football Chiefs and the Saints. Chiefs on the road. The most improved team in the league led by the Goat, in Tampa. Which is now a Super Bowl contender. We need to travel to New England, although not as strong as last year. Will be in the hunt for the playoffs and the Bills, who made the playoffs last year. It is not an easy stretch of games. When traveling to NE is the easiest game in a 5 game stretch. If we are 2-3 heading into the bye week. If we are 2-3 it would mean we bet a playoff caliber team. It isn't too bad. After the bye we play tampa and can be 2-4. then we travel to cleveland and chargers and home against Denver. We need to go at least 2-1 after Tampa. That would bring us to 4-5 and facing the chiefs at home. I wouldn't call it a must win game. But it's close. If we lose to the chiefs. We need to beat the Jets and Falcons on the road to get to .500. If we are 6-6 and playing well. We can finish strong against The colts and Chargers and dolphins at home. And close the season against Broncos on the road. If we are 5-7. We need to win the last 4 to make the playoffs. A very long shot and playoffs are doubtful.

If we're 1-3 after playing Carolina, N.O., NE, and Buffalo....and the offense isn't putting up points....and then Pussyboy faceplants against KC as he usually does....that leaves us at 1-4....playoff chances reduced to virtually 000 going into the bye with Brady and TB on the horizon.

Why wouldn't Gruden yank Pussyboy ?

Pussyboy better put up points, because if he doesn't - the only reason not to give Mariota a shot would be to save $$$ by denying Mariota a chance at earning the incentive money in his contract.

If Pussyboy is putting up points but we're losing high scoring games bcz the defense is horrible, then Carrbage probably deserves a pass.

If the offense is stagnant after 5 games and we're viritually eliminated from playoff contention with TB coming up....the bye week might be Carrbage's bye-bye week as the RAIDER starting QB.

Can't hurt to see what MM can do at that point. Worst that can happen is we still aren't putting up points and losing.....the need for a true franchise QB will be obvious and we're well on the way to tanking for Trevor or folding for Fields.

Pussyboy is probably already wilting from the pressure. As Linc put it: "time to put up or shut up".

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

were gonna beat the carolina,saints,patriots,bills and tampon bay,only loss kc...media will be gushing about our offense and improved defense

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    were gonna beat the carolina,saints,patriots,bills and tampon bay,only loss kc...media will be gushing about our offense and improved defense
    Hope you're right. The way I look at it is the RAIDERS should have a shot against any team that doesn't have a high powered offense. We're one point favorites in Carolina week 1. We're 4.5 point dogs aganst the Saints. The Patriot offense doesn't really scare me even with Kimmy Newt. Buffalo isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, even though I think Josh Allen is going to be very good.

Thare are winnable games there....especially if we're putting up points. As the saying goes....'any given Sunday'.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY