Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders Could Lose 571 Million In Ticket Revenue With No Fans

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Raiders Could Lose 571 Million In Ticket Revenue With No Fans

All teams are going to lose revenue this season. Television contracts are far from the biggest source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    All teams are going to lose revenue this season. Television contracts are far from the biggest source of income.
    Yes, true, but this is the Raiders first year in the new stadium, Raiders were counting on this income, a lot outstanding loans, could force Vegas residents to pay tax on the Stadium, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Yes, true, but this is the Raiders first year in the new stadium, Raiders were counting on this income, a lot outstanding loans, could force Vegas residents to pay tax on the Stadium, time will tell.
    the revenue lost this yr by each and every team is gonna exceed the tv contract revenue for the last 2 yrs+ then add in team salaries and bills/insurance ect ect i would guesstimate a loss of over 850 million,cowboys will be the worst probably lose close to a billion since the stadium revenue alone is 700 million add in players 200 million,staff/bills ect ect

But what if TV rating go sky high
    as more people will be watching the
    games on TV ....as COVID-19 has
    really put fear in people to stay at
    home....just saying TV rating might go up
    big time

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    big time
    not with all the politics that have entered the NFL - the nfl was already abandoned by many. the lack of fans will lower the excitement for a lot.
    Last edited by andrewevenstar; 08-07-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    big time
    I could be wrong but I don't think rating will generate any additional or loss of revenue this season. Advertising contracts are locked in. Now if rating shoot up, doubtful. They can should be able to get higher advertising $$ and if rating dip $$ goes down for next season. With a lot of streaming service, I don't see how revenues will ever go up again. Cable TV is losing a lot of subscriptions. Comcast lost 409,000 subscribers in the first quarter this year. The industry lost 1.8 million in the 1st quarter. This was during a pandemic where people where quarantined. That isn't good news for cable TV and for sports in general.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think rating will generate any additional or loss of revenue this season. Advertising contracts are locked in. Now if rating shoot up, doubtful. They can should be able to get higher advertising $$ and if rating dip $$ goes down for next season. With a lot of streaming service, I don't see how revenues will ever go up again. Cable TV is losing a lot of subscriptions. Comcast lost 409,000 subscribers in the first quarter this year. The industry lost 1.8 million in the 1st quarter. This was during a pandemic where people where quarantined. That isn't good news for cable TV and for sports in general.
    Yeah, I got rid of my Directv, Comcast and Directv, plus the other cable companies, get greedy and keep raising prices, it’s out of control and people are getting tired of it and dropping service, streaming going be the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Yeah, I got rid of my Directv, Comcast and Directv, plus the other cable companies, get greedy and keep raising prices, it’s out of control and people are getting tired of it and dropping service, streaming going be the future.
    Who is going to pay $250 a month for cable when they can stream for $20.

Yep. Been streaming since January 2019 and it has been working fine. Not quite $20/month since I get both Sling & YouTube TV, but by far cheaper than the dish/cable people. Still getting Sunday Ticket though otherwise my network games will always be Rams and/or Chargers. Can't deal with that.