Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Hill

Jeremy Hill

Raiders might sign Hill. One of my favorite backs to watch, injuries have taken a toll on a once promising career. If he is healthy and over his injuries. He will be fun to watch. Bruising back with deceptive speed. Had some off field issue at LSU and wasn't a model citizen, which dropped him out of the first round. Had a grit rookie year with the Bengals and an OK second year. Then injuries ended it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93sv5bvkEA
    Last edited by psly2124; 07-31-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Raiders might sign Hill. One of my favorite backs to watch, injuries have taken a toll on a once promising career. If he is healthy and over his injuries. He will be fun to watch. Bruising back with speed.
    He played for the Patriots in week 1 of the 2018 season and exited the game in the third quarter after suffering a torn ACL. That was the last time he played. He's still young at 27, but I wonder what he has left. Probably worth a look on a prove it deal with no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    He played for the Patriots in week 1 of the 2018 season and exited the game in the third quarter after suffering a torn ACL. That was the last time he played. He's still young at 27, but I wonder what he has left. Probably worth a look on a prove it deal with no guarantees.
    It would be a vet minimum with little to no guarantees. He was tough around the end zone and a capable backup if healthy. Gruden came out yesterday and said his play calling was questionable in that area. He knows Hill was a beast inside the 5. If he comes in out of shape and the knee isn't healed, no problem cutting him. Very very long shot to make the team. But if he does, hopefully he can regain some of the past.
    Last edited by psly2124; 07-31-2020 at 12:57 PM.

It would be a vet minimum with little to no guarantees. He was tough around the end zone and a capable backup if healthy. Gruden came out yesterday and said his play calling was questionable in that area. He knows Hill was a beast inside the 5. If he comes in out of shape and the knee isn't healed, no problem cutting him. Very very long shot to make the team. But if he does, hopefully he can regain some of the past.
    Raiders scored 1 TD on 8 plays from the 1 yard line last season, which is 12.5%. The league averaged 59.6%. The Raiders can definitely use help at the goal line.

This reminds me of Warren3.
    What a GREAT opportunity for the kid and he kisses it away by eating and not putting in the work.
    Raiders need that short yardage BEAST

Can Hill be that guy? I’ll believe it when I see it of course but he’s worth a look.

id rather go knock on cj anderson door to see if he is in shape to play first,THE BOWLING BALL AT THE GOAL LINE IS TOUGH TO STOP
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 07-31-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Raiders scored 1 TD on 8 plays from the 1 yard line last season, which is 12.5%. The league averaged 59.6%. The Raiders can definitely use help at the goal line.
    1 for 8 from the 1 yard line is pathetic.

I think the failure was due mainly to some really predictable, crappy play calls.

Almost always the same play. JJ trying to power it in, right up the middle, behind Ingold.

Gruden is intent on just hammering it in. No wrinkles or surprises.

A few times, as a wrinkle, Gruden has called for the fullback (even Smith in 2018) to take the handoff as the lead back, and that play has always been stuffed. Need to be more imaginative.

The conservative, predictable, shitty play calling is a big part of the problem, but having a pussy QB that refuses to use his legs and tends to choke near the goal line is a major factor too.

Every RAIDER fan is shocked when Pussyboy uses his legs near the goal line. Can't even remember Pussyboy ever scoring on a QB sneak. We all lost our minds when he actually rolled out to the right and ran it in for a TD against SD. Just a run of the mill, routine easy score....but it was so out of the ordinary for Pussyboy to actually get in the end zone and not fumble....we made it out to be some sort of great play.

I remember Pussyboy scoring against the Bengals last year too. Looked so uncoordinated and confused doing so. Miracle he didn't fuvk that up too.

Gruden has to be more imaginative. Maybe employ Mariota and Bowden in some goal line packages ?

We've got to be much better at the goal line.

USA

TRUMP 2020

JUST WIN BABY

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman818 View Post
    1 for 8 from the 1 yard line is pathetic.

I think the failure was due mainly to some really predictable, crappy play calls.

Almost always the same play. Jj trying to power it in, right up the middle, behind ingold.

Gruden is intent on just hammering it in. No wrinkles or surprises.

A few times, as a wrinkle, gruden has called for the fullback (even smith in 2018) to take the handoff as the lead back, and that play has always been stuffed. Need to be more imaginative.

The conservative, predictable, shitty play calling is a big part of the problem, but having a pussy qb that refuses to use his legs and tends to choke near the goal line is a major factor too.

Every raider fan is shocked when pussyboy uses his legs near the goal line. Can't even remember pussyboy ever scoring on a qb sneak. We all lost our minds when he actually rolled out to the right and ran it in for a td against sd. Just a run of the mill, routine easy score....but it was so out of the ordinary for pussyboy to actually get in the end zone and not fumble....we made it out to be some sort of great play.

I remember pussyboy scoring against the bengals last year too. Looked so uncoordinated and confused doing so. Miracle he didn't fuvk that up too.

Gruden has to be more imaginative. Maybe employ mariota and bowden in some goal line packages ?

We've got to be much better at the goal line.

Usa

trump 2020

just win baby
    edwards,twill,bowden,renfro,wall and ruggs plus jj is gonna be exciting to watch in the redzone,so many weapon and plays could be called it'll be hard to stop

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    edwards,twill,bowden,renfro,wall and ruggs plus jj is gonna be exciting to watch in the redzone,so many weapon and plays could be called it'll be hard to stop
    Yes the talent has improved. That benefits the other 98 yards. As Raider fan we overrate players and especially Rodney hudson. When inside the 2 its being a bully and dominating the man in front of you. Hudson with all his pass blocking grades and pff scores, doesn't do it in the run game. Jacobs is a very good running back and tough inside runner. How can anyone explain 1-8 inside the 2 yard line except the o-line isn't getting it done. If we had a shitty running back, maybe its the RB's fault. I could be wrong but I remember more than one play where Jacobs got blown up as soon as he got the ball. Thats the o-line. If we would look at each play, I would guess the pressure came from up the middle...Hudson and the outside... Miller and Browns' backup. When Brown was healthy we would go behind him, it would be the smart thing to do. 400 pound physical tackle. That would be the first option. The 2nd option would be being Incognito. Incognito is a bully. But what makes that a bad option is that he has two pussies in the run game next to him. Hudson and miller. I believe that is why we don't run Qb sneaks. Hudson just doesn't get a push required to get a sneak. Everyone says the line is so good because we don't give up sacks. We don't give up sacks because Carr gets rid of the ball so fast, becaus if he holds on to the ball, he will get sacked.

yes the talent has improved. That benefits the other 98 yards. As raider fan we overrate players and especially rodney hudson. When inside the 2 its being a bully and dominating the man in front of you. Hudson with all his pass blocking grades and pff scores, doesn't do it in the run game. Jacobs is a very good running back and tough inside runner. How can anyone explain 1-8 inside the 2 yard line except the o-line isn't getting it done. If we had a shitty running back, maybe its the rb's fault. I could be wrong but i remember more than one play where jacobs got blown up as soon as he got the ball. Thats the o-line. If we would look at each play, i would guess the pressure came from up the middle...hudson and the outside... Miller and browns' backup. When brown was healthy we would go behind him, it would be the smart thing to do. 400 pound physical tackle. That would be the first option. The 2nd option would be being incognito. Incognito is a bully. But what makes that a bad option is that he has two pussies in the run game next to him. Hudson and miller. I believe that is why we don't run qb sneaks. Hudson just doesn't get a push required to get a sneak. Everyone says the line is so good because we don't give up sacks. We don't give up sacks because carr gets rid of the ball so fast, becaus if he holds on to the ball, he will get sacked.
    id be tempted to move brown to left tackle to couple with incognito on short yds,that would be dominant left side