Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Washington be forced to change their name?

Will Washington be forced to change their name?

It looks like their is a lot of pressure on Washington to change their name. I'm sure long time fans have mixed feeling about this. If they do change, I hope they can keep their logo. Washington Warriors?

Will pressure now shift to Kansas City?

I don't think Snyder is going to cave. He shouldn't

Who cares!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    Who cares!!!
    Apparently, The Indian nation does...Oh wait only black lives matter.

It will get changed. The biggest sponsor of the team (FedEx) is pressuring them. The CEO or owner (I forget which) is a minority stake owner of the Redskins plus their stadium is the FedEx Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    It looks like their is a lot of pressure on Washington to change their name. I'm sure long time fans have mixed feeling about this. If they do change, I hope they can keep their logo. Washington Warriors?

Will pressure now shift to Kansas City?
    I think the name Redskins is offensive to the american indians; where the Chief is not

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I think the name Redskins is offensive to the american indians; where the Chief is not
    I think the name Whitey is offensive, I think being called a cracker is offensive, I think being called a Racist is offensive.

The Washington Post did a poll of self-identified Native Americans in 2016. It showed 90% of the 504 respondents were "not bothered" by the team's name. Other polls suggest the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Washington Post did a poll of self-identified Native Americans in 2016. It showed 90% of the 504 respondents were "not bothered" by the team's name. Other polls suggest the same.
    the 90% are not woke enough or batshit crazy liberals. The liberal way, do what we want or else.

So 2 of DC'S teams will get a name change, first the NBA team goes from Bullets to Wizards....now the NFL team.