Thread: New England Fined for Cheating

New England Fined for Cheating

The Patriots were fined $1.1 million and forfeited a third-round draft pick because they broke NFL rules and filmed the Bengalsí sidelines during a game last year. The fine should have been larger and the lost draft pick should have been higher.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Patriots were fined $1.1 million and forfeited a third-round draft pick because they broke NFL rules and filmed the Bengals’ sidelines during a game last year. The fine should have been larger and the lost draft pick should have been higher.
    Yep, but it’s the Patriots, NFL love child, should have been a bigger fine and 1st round pick.

Whats sad is they thought it was necessary to cheat vs the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Whats sad is they thought it was necessary to cheat vs the Bengals.
    I think they were video taping other teams as well. They just got caught doing it to the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I think they were video taping other teams as well. They just got caught doing it to the Bengals.
    Makes sense. They never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkr View Post
    i think they were video taping other teams as well. They just got caught doing it to the bengals.
    i dont understand the reason for tapeing the bengals,they suck

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i dont understand the reason for tapeing the bengals,they suck
    They probably recorded every team they played.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkr View Post
    they probably recorded every team they played.
    doesn't make sense to tape a shitty team when you have the #1 defense winning your games already

Wasn't it their social media team that filmed it?

Quick google search, it was their "Do your Job" film crew. Their version of Hard Knocks I guess. So technically the Patriots didn't authorize it, the filming crew just thought it would make good footage and didn't know the rules. I'm also guessing there is a handful of people who got fired as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Wasn't it their social media team that filmed it?

Quick google search, it was their "Do your Job" film crew. Their version of Hard Knocks I guess. So technically the Patriots didn't authorize it, the filming crew just thought it would make good footage and didn't know the rules. I'm also guessing there is a handful of people who got fired as a result.
    Yep, they were trying to film a documentary thing and just didn't get the clearances from the proper channels. This isn't really related to getting some type of edge on other teams that Belichick "used to" do.