Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Tyrell Williams Be Trade Bait

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Could Tyrell Williams Be Trade Bait

yeah after guaranteeing his money for 11 million,no chance of us trading him off cause we take a hit against the cap this yr

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    yeah after guaranteeing his money for 11 million,no chance of us trading him off cause we take a hit against the cap this yr
    If Edwards beats him out and the Raiders and can get a draft pick, it will be done. Per over the cap, if Edwards is traded after June 1, which he will be if the trade is executed. Cap savings of 11.2 and Zero dead money. Same deal with Gabe Jackson. 9.6 million savings and zero dead money. Lamarcus Joyner 1.25 dead money and 7.959 savings. The issue is i don't think teams will be knocking down our door for any of the three players, due to the current salaries.
    Last edited by psly2124; 06-25-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    If Edwards beats him out and the Raiders and can get a draft pick, it will be done. Per over the cap, if Edwards is traded after June 1, which he will be if the trade is executed. Cap savings of 11.2 and Zero dead money. Same deal with Gabe Jackson. 9.6 million savings and zero dead money. Lamarcus Joyner 1.25 dead money and 7.959 savings. The issue is i don't think teams will be knocking down our door for any of the three players, due to the current salaries.
    It would take training camp injuries to another team for these players to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontrowSTH View Post
    It would take training camp injuries to another team for these players to be considered.
    it not gonna happen,nobody pay 11 million (twill) or 10 million (gabe) to let that player go play for another team,nobody...sure our cap will be fine but forking out 20+ million and watching that player play for another team while getting 4 or 5th rd picks back,naw id rather keep em on the bench as depth

it not gonna happen,nobody pay 11 million (twill) or 10 million (gabe) to let that player go play for another team,nobody...sure our cap will be fine but forking out 20+ million and watching that player play for another team while getting 4 or 5th rd picks back,naw id rather keep em on the bench as depth
    That is where we differ, both will not be back next year and we will receive no compensation. Maycok has been drafting good and if we can get a 4th or 5th rounder. That is the depth or a possible starter for the future.

That is where we differ, both will not be back next year and we will receive no compensation. Maycok has been drafting good and if we can get a 4th or 5th rounder. That is the depth or a possible starter for the future.
    keeping em on the bench assures us of quality depth in case of injuries and we get the cap relief next yr when we cut em or we can trade em off next yr too

keeping em on the bench assures us of quality depth in case of injuries and we get the cap relief next yr when we cut em or we can trade em off next yr too
    If you are planing on dumping next year, why not speed up the process and get compensation for them. Trust me I know teams are not beating down the door for them. We have depth at the positions, unlike in years past. Thats why all are expendable.

I don't see any other team taking on Williams' $11 million salary.

If you are planing on dumping next year, why not speed up the process and get compensation for them. Trust me I know teams are not beating down the door for them. We have depth at the positions, unlike in years past. Thats why all are expendable.
    what if gabe jackson has a good yr,same for twill then both values would be better then getting rid of em now