Thread: Clelin ferrell news

Clelin ferrell news

Clelin Ferrell DL, Las Vegas Raiders
    Raiders DE Clelin Ferrell is up 13 pounds this offseason and now tips the scales at 275 pounds.

The former No. 4 overall pick registered just 4.5 sacks last season and was outplayed by fourth-round selection Maxx Crosby, at least as a pass rusher. In 2019 Ferrell weighed 262 pounds and went on to lose 15 more due to a bout of food poisoning. Ferrell is obviously expected to be a key piece of the Raiders' defense, a unit that can only improve in 2020. But Ferrell will also be linked to Mike Mayock's tenure as he was the former TV personality's first selection as an NFL decision-maker, coming off the board much earlier than anyone expected.

Hopefully the added weight is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    hopefully the added weight is a good thing.
    imagine paul guenthers dumb ass had the kid playing inside at 265lbs wtf

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    imagine paul guenthers dumb ass had the kid playing inside at 265lbs wtf
    He was trying to generate a pass rush last year. He felt Ferrell can beat a guard inside to get an extra pass rusher on the outside. I would rather him getting reps inside than on the bench. Lot of guys move in and out. If he puts on 15 more pounds he could be dangerous inside on pass downs.

I personally glad Ferrell is a good locker room teammate but I wouldn't mind him punchin' a few doggies and whipping some ass. For the 4th pick in the draft....why not?????????

Hopefully the added weight is a good thing.
    Supposedly its all muscle.. but yeah, sometimes added weight is a negative. In this case though, Ferrell needed to add weight and 275 on the edge is a pretty good weight
    Crazy thing is he never looked "small" or "undersized". At DT, def yes. At DE, nahh.. as long as he can keep that quick first step, and keeps adding pass rush moves to his arsenal, the extra 12-13 lbs of muscle will only help. The kid vowed to get much better in the offseason. Seems to be taking it very seriously. You gotta give it to the kid... he is a hustler where many others come into the league with high expectations, get paid and become lazy. Ferrell is not that kinda kid. He is gonna give us all he got and ONE of the BIG reasons he was drafted where he was by Mayock and Gruden. He is trying to be a leader and is constantly trying to better himself. Hopefully the sky is the limit.

He was trying to generate a pass rush last year. He felt Ferrell can beat a guard inside to get an extra pass rusher on the outside. I would rather him getting reps inside than on the bench. Lot of guys move in and out. If he puts on 15 more pounds he could be dangerous inside on pass downs.
    the kid never played inside before,on top of that he got sick and lost 15 pounds of muscle that took him all season to regain,personally i dont want him playing inside at all and i think the addition of maliek collins was mike mayocks message to guenther to keep ferrell outside

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Supposedly its all muscle.. but yeah, sometimes added weight is a negative. In this case though, Ferrell needed to add weight and 275 on the edge is a pretty good weight
    Crazy thing is he never looked "small" or "undersized". At DT, def yes. At DE, nahh.. as long as he can keep that quick first step, and keeps adding pass rush moves to his arsenal, the extra 12-13 lbs of muscle will only help. The kid vowed to get much better in the offseason. Seems to be taking it very seriously. You gotta give it to the kid... he is a hustler where many others come into the league with high expectations, get paid and become lazy. Ferrell is not that kinda kid. He is gonna give us all he got and ONE of the BIG reasons he was drafted where he was by Mayock and Gruden. He is trying to be a leader and is constantly trying to better himself. Hopefully the sky is the limit.
    clellin ferrell has been working out with arik armstead and buckner all offseason,so im expecting a lot of new moves and explosion from the kid