Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Raiders Should Sign Jadeveon Clowney Right Now

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

The Raiders Should Sign Jadeveon Clowney Right Now

He wanted $20M/Yr. after the season. I wonder how much he turned down from the Browns.

jadaveon is so over rated its not funny,never ever had more then 9 sacks,mad max in his rookie season had 10 sacks, id only offer him 7-8 million a yr cause thats what he is worth after posting only 3 sacks last yr imo

Assuming you can sign Clowney for the same money as Gabe Jackson, which player would you rather have in 2020 ?

I agree, I don't think Max Crosby is going to be able to duplicate last year, unless he gets a real threat on the other side, even if Clowney doesn't give much, just the threat of him will free Crosby up, and I think between the 2 of them they could get 18 to 20 sacks. Depending of course on price

Quote Originally Posted by wmike632 View Post
    I agree, I don't think Max Crosby is going to be able to duplicate last year, unless he gets a real threat on the other side, even if Clowney doesn't give much, just the threat of him will free Crosby up, and I think between the 2 of them they could get 18 to 20 sacks. Depending of course on price
    with maiek collins ,mo hurst and pj hall bringing heat up the middle mad max,ferell should get a lot of easy sacks

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    jadaveon is so over rated its not funny,never ever had more then 9 sacks,mad max in his rookie season had 10 sacks, id only offer him 7-8 million a yr cause thats what he is worth after posting only 3 sacks last yr imo
    underwhelming guard vs underwhelming de =value say de

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Assuming you can sign Clowney for the same money as Gabe Jackson, which player would you rather have in 2020 ?
    At this moment in time; Clowney is better than Ferrell....but Ferrell might get better as he in his second season...Max Crosby had a great rookie season but now teams are going to focus on him; meaning he will be hit with more double teaming...have to see how he does in season 2

If I had to choose one then I have Clowney over Gabe Jackson....But I do think every position on a team is important, as you always need good guards on an NFL team...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    At this moment in time; Clowney is better than Ferrell....but Ferrell might get better as he in his second season...Max Crosby had a great rookie season but now teams are going to focus on him; meaning he will be hit with more double teaming...have to see how he does in season 2

If I had to choose one then I have Clowney over Gabe Jackson....But I do think every position on a team is important, as you always need good guards on an NFL team...
    Both Clowney and Jackson are both wastes. Clowney in no way shape or form is he a Gruden type player. He's the laziest player in the NFL. Nobody wants Clowney for a reason. Fans see the highlights and think he'a a great player. He was playing opposite of JJ Watt for years. He leaves Watt and gets 3 sacks. Watch the 100's of plays in between the highlight and you will see the real Clowney.

Clowney is a known lazy MF. Give him a new contract and I put my hand to the fire he goes downhill. Probably Albert Hainesworth style.

Get Everson Griffen for cheaper.