Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by doctorraider View Post
    the raiders had a better offensive line, te, and rb. Houston's d was crap just like ours.

Watson would have led our team to the playoffs last season, and carr would have led houston nowhere; it's really that simple/straightforward.

There's no comparison between carr and watson, it's not even close.
    carr vs watson on their existing contracts i agree 100% but the questiong was carr at 21.5 vs watson at 40 million,ill take carr and the 19 million over watson because 19 million could be 2 great players

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Stop responding to my fucking posts.
    Stop posting on this board and I'll stop responding.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    carr vs watson on their existing contracts i agree 100% but the questiong was carr at 21.5 vs watson at 40 million,ill take carr and the 19 million over watson because 19 million could be 2 great players
    19 million = 1 great player or 2 good players ..

Quote Originally Posted by doctorraider View Post
    19 million = 1 great player or 2 good players ..
    could be 2 great ones depending on how the deal is structured

could be 2 great ones depending on how the deal is structured
    Possibly at the LB position, offensive guard, safety, and running back; you're right about that. However at QB, T, CB, DE, DT .. "great" starts at $15 million/year at the bottom end.

It's possible 19M can get you a couple of good, maybe even great players.

Last time I checked the RAIDERS have spent more than 19M in free agency so we'll get to see what Pussyboy at 21M + alot more than 19M spent on other free agents can accomplish.

I think you have a better chance of winning with a top notch QB that elevates and carries the team around him than trying to assemble a HOF supporting cast to carry a mediocre pussy QB.

Pussyboy's last chance. He has to put up points in 2020.

NO MORE EXCUSES

psly is going to block every member here and end up talking to himself like FIB Savior

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Possibly at the LB position, offensive guard, safety, and running back; you're right about that. However at QB, T, CB, DE, DT .. "great" starts at $15 million/year at the bottom end.
    pretty important positions can be filled with 19 million dollars,id take qb out of the equation that position is way over priced,rams traded for ramsay last yr and paid him just under 3 million and this yr they are paying him 13 million,2 yrs 16 million then either move on or pay him top cb pay 16 million,their are situations where you can get a top player for cheap,trent williams is playing for seattle after being traded to em for 12 million a yr dudes a top 3 left tackle,so trent and a top rb for 19.5 is pretty great

trent williams is playing for seattle
    Trent Williams was traded to the Whiners.

Are you more likely to win paying a mediocre pussy 20 million and trying to surround him with great players.....or are you more likely to win paying an elite QB 35 or 40 million and having 20 million less to spend on other players ????

Obviously, it's best to try and draft a great QB. You then have a 4 year window when you can pay him less and devote more $$$ to the roster around him. (should have took a shot at Tua).

Still, IMO you are better off paying a top notch QB 38 million than paying a mediocre pussy 20 million.

Truthfully, I could live with Carrbage's mediocrity at 20 million a season if he wasn't such a pussy. Pussyboy is never going to win a thing and it sucks having to watch him play like a scared little girl.

pretty important positions can be filled with 19 million dollars,id take qb out of the equation that position is way over priced,rams traded for ramsay last yr and paid him just under 3 million and this yr they are paying him 13 million,2 yrs 16 million then either move on or pay him top cb pay 16 million,their are situations where you can get a top player for cheap,trent williams is playing for seattle after being traded to em for 12 million a yr dudes a top 3 left tackle,so trent and a top rb for 19.5 is pretty great
    It's ironic that you're taking this stance now Bass. On numerous occasions, I mentioned cutting ties w/Carr so that we could replace him with a similar quality or possibly better QB (Fitzpatrick at $5 million is a 10x better deal than Carr at $20-25 million) for a fraction of the price, and then use those cap savings to improve the roster.

I think the general consensus is that Carr better put up points this year (25+ppg), and most importantly wins (overdue on winning a playoff game). If he doesn't, then it's time to go, no questions asked. Nobody wants to hear excuses about the rookies needing time to acclimate, the weather in Vegas being different, the pandemic, etc. The defense has enough juice to keep the team in games and not lose them.