Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carr Can Squash Doubt About His Future In 2020

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Carr Can Squash Doubt About His Future In 2020

Here's another article regarding Pussyboy's likely future:

This Raiders Starter Won't Be Back in 2021
    By Michael Luciano | May 26 2020

Sweeping changes are coming to the Las Vegas Raiders, and the biggest change might be at quarterback given how the last few seasons have gone.

Derek Carr is running out of time with the Raiders, as he might not get more than one season in Vegas after the 2020 season if he once again puts up his solid, if uninspiring, numbers on a team that ends up below .500 again.

*nfl onside kick rule changes to allow teams to go for 4th and 15th instead
    Derek Carr on the onside kick attempt: pic.twitter.com/cvRqMqsHEE
    — fattestmallon (@fattestmallon) May 21, 2020

Carr might have completed 70 percent of his passes while throwing 21 touchdowns against eight interceptions last year, but those numbers came in a conservative offense that very rarely let him cut it loose down the field and thrived on garbage time stats. If the Raiders were convinced that he turned over a new leaf after posting the best passer rating of his career, why did they make former Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota the second highest-paid backup in the league to compete with him?

The Raiders have set themselves up to unload Carr's contract, which has $62 million left on it over three years, and either move forward with Mariota or draft a quarterback in a deep 2021 class, should he regress.

Raiders QB controversy? Carr props lowered because of Mariota https://t.co/Xi0lldlWsO pic.twitter.com/JFUQCoAGCS
    — Robert Marine (@rmarine_75) May 24, 2020

Carr has just about hit his ceiling. While he could be a perfect bridge quarterback and is certainly a serviceable starter, you aren't going to win Super Bowls with him. Jon Gruden needs to start winning soon, and Carr might not be the quarterback best equipped to get the Raiders back to a place of prominence.

https://www.12up.com/posts/this-raid...1-01e992pvcff9

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Here's another article regarding Pussyboy's likely future:

This Raiders Starter Won't Be Back in 2021
    By Michael Luciano | May 26 2020

Sweeping changes are coming to the Las Vegas Raiders, and the biggest change might be at quarterback given how the last few seasons have gone.

Derek Carr is running out of time with the Raiders, as he might not get more than one season in Vegas after the 2020 season if he once again puts up his solid, if uninspiring, numbers on a team that ends up below .500 again.

*nfl onside kick rule changes to allow teams to go for 4th and 15th instead
    Derek Carr on the onside kick attempt: pic.twitter.com/cvRqMqsHEE
    — fattestmallon (@fattestmallon) May 21, 2020

Carr might have completed 70 percent of his passes while throwing 21 touchdowns against eight interceptions last year, but those numbers came in a conservative offense that very rarely let him cut it loose down the field and thrived on garbage time stats. If the Raiders were convinced that he turned over a new leaf after posting the best passer rating of his career, why did they make former Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota the second highest-paid backup in the league to compete with him?

The Raiders have set themselves up to unload Carr's contract, which has $62 million left on it over three years, and either move forward with Mariota or draft a quarterback in a deep 2021 class, should he regress.

Raiders QB controversy? Carr props lowered because of Mariota https://t.co/Xi0lldlWsO pic.twitter.com/JFUQCoAGCS
    — Robert Marine (@rmarine_75) May 24, 2020

Carr has just about hit his ceiling. While he could be a perfect bridge quarterback and is certainly a serviceable starter, you aren't going to win Super Bowls with him. Jon Gruden needs to start winning soon, and Carr might not be the quarterback best equipped to get the Raiders back to a place of prominence.

https://www.12up.com/posts/this-raid...1-01e992pvcff9
    I am with you, I just want the Raiders to win and be a powerhouse, just like they were in the seventies, don’t think Carr the guy I can trust, but half to roll with him, till further notice, hope Raiders can finally lock down the QB position, one day.

Well if the Raiders like improve over 7-9 record or at least make the playoff then Gruden job is still safe; but let say the Raiders go 6-10, then Gruden is really going to be under a lot pressure in 2021...

Plus Carr is only 2.5 million cap hit in 2021 if he is released and a saving 17.5 million if he released in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Well if the Raiders like improve over 7-9 record or at least make the playoff then Gruden job is still safe; but let say the Raiders go 6-10, then Gruden is really going to be under a lot pressure in 2021...

Plus Carr is only 2.5 million cap hit in 2021 if he is released and a saving 17.5 million if he released in 2021
    Always pressure to win. RAIDERS can go 6-10 in 2020, but Gruden's job is still secure. He's pretty much the RAIDER HC as long as he wants it.

On the other hand, Pussyboy has one foot out the door and the other is on a banana peel.

If the RAIDERS go 6-10 this season and Carrbage doesn't put up points, it's hard to see him back in 2021.

Of course, Pussyboy is like herpes. Just can't seem to get rid of him.

That's the RAIDER nightmare. Always some fucking excuse or reason to continue traveling down the dead end Carrbage avenue.

Well, at least the Carrtards are happy. The rest of RAIDER nation, not so much.

I don’t know about that....Del Rio
    signed a big contract after the Raiders
    went 12-4 and I am talking big money,
    so when Mark Davis fires him I think
    he had to pay Del Rio like over 10 million
    to sit around and do nothing....

So Gruden struggle in 2020 and 2021.
    Do not be surprised if he is release...

I'd be shocked if Gruden got canned by Mark.

I don't see any scenario in which Pussyboy stays and Gruden goes.

When Gruden leaves, he'll do it because he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I don’t know about that....Del Rio
    signed a big contract after the Raiders
    went 12-4 and I am talking big money,
    so when Mark Davis fires him I think
    he had to pay Del Rio like over 10 million
    to sit around and do nothing....

So Gruden struggle in 2020 and 2021.
    Do not be surprised if he is release...

Not to get in a pissing connect but you are 100% wrong on this one.
    Gruden is going nowhere unless he wants too, PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdd11 View Post
    Not to get in a pissing connect but you are 100% wrong on this one.
    Gruden is going nowhere unless he wants too, PERIOD!
    Gruden has to improve on a 7-9
    Record in 2020; now If he does not
    do that I think he safe but he would
    really have improve In 2021....

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I'd be shocked if Gruden got canned by Mark.

I don't see any scenario in which Pussyboy stays and Gruden goes.

When Gruden leaves, he'll do it because he wants to.
    Kinda saying Carr will be gone after
    this season anyway unless he really
    does have an MVP season...Also the
    Mariota signing is a major waste of
    money unless Gruden really has plan for him
    to take over.....

Just saying two more season of
    7-9 could get Gruden dismissal,
    we are not Bengals