Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Jackson's Future

  1. #21
    The right side of our offensive line is being paid more than our entire defensive secondary combined. Expect both Jackson and Brown to take a massive pay cut next season or they’ll both be gone. We’re talking about almost 25% of our entire cap here occupied by just two players, neither of whom play LT, QB, CB or DE.

    We’ve got far too many guards on the roster at the moment:

    Jackson
    Simpson
    Incognito
    Devey
    Good
    James
    Kush

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRaider View Post
    One thing of note, none of us knows how much Richie has left in the tank. Jackson didn't play well last year. However, in previous years he's played pretty well. Maybe Mayock and Gruden were looking at Simpson to possibly replace Richie when it's time. Either Jackson or Richie Incognito or both could be replaced by next year. Course it really depends on whether Simpson pans out. For the time being, it looks like we finally have good depth on the O-line.
    Backup tackle is still very weak. But most teams backup tackles are. He hasn't played well since he signed that ridiculous contract.. Really pissed that fat fuck is still on this team. Think Simpson will be fine, really liked that pick. Maybe draft another guard in the 4th round next year and be done with Jackson once and for all.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    3,761
    Jackson can still be traded before the in-season deadline. The salary goes down with every game and some teams may be desperate due to injuries.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Jackson can still be traded before the in-season deadline. The salary goes down with every game and some teams may be desperate due to injuries.
    I sure hope so.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I sure hope so.
    some team may be desperate enough to give us a 3rd in season especially a contender type team that lost a starter

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    The right side of our offensive line is being paid more than our entire defensive secondary combined. Expect both Jackson and Brown to take a massive pay cut next season or they’ll both be gone. We’re talking about almost 25% of our entire cap here occupied by just two players, neither of whom play LT, QB, CB or DE.

    We’ve got far too many guards on the roster at the moment:

    Jackson
    Simpson
    Incognito
    Devey
    Good
    James
    Kush
    a lot of these guys can play multiple position on the line though,so our depth is pretty good across the board

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    some team may be desperate enough to give us a 3rd in season especially a contender type team that lost a starter
    Never happen. a conditional 6th if we are lucky

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRaider View Post
    One thing of note, none of us knows how much Richie has left in the tank. Jackson didn't play well last year. However, in previous years he's played pretty well. Maybe Mayock and Gruden were looking at Simpson to possibly replace Richie when it's time. Either Jackson or Richie Incognito or both could be replaced by next year. Course it really depends on whether Simpson pans out. For the time being, it looks like we finally have good depth on the O-line.
    That true; nobody knows how much Incognito got left in his tank...he was good last season but all it take is a small injurie to start to become a problem...look at Donald Penn, once he got hurt he could not shake it off (and I think he had a good season in washington last year}...As for Gabe Jackson; Jon Gruden must really like this guy as most of Reggie guys are gone except for Carr....one thing about Gabe Jackson is that he might be playing in the wrong position; Jackson is a much better LG than RG in my opinion...

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    That true; nobody knows how much Incognito got left in his tank...he was good last season but all it take is a small injurie to start to become a problem...look at Donald Penn, once he got hurt he could not shake it off (and I think he had a good season in washington last year}...As for Gabe Jackson; Jon Gruden must really like this guy as most of Reggie guys are gone except for Carr....one thing about Gabe Jackson is that he might be playing in the wrong position; Jackson is a much better LG than RG in my opinion...
    Stop with the wrong position nonsense. He's fat and lazy and hasn't;t played well signed he signed that absurd contract. He's a guard, he moves a foot this way or a fort that way. He has to block 350 pound DT's that are as slow as molasses and are not looking to get to the Qb. And he gets help from the center. He isn't blocking speedy edge rushers. So why is it that tackles who fail, move inside and play well. Because playing guard isn't difficult.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •