Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Should Bring In Gostkowski To Challenge Carlson (Kickers)

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Raiders Should Bring In Gostkowski To Challenge Carlson (Kickers)

Carlson KILLED us in the Jaguar game and I can't get over it. A proven vet would be nice competition.

Does anybody know much about the rook from Utah State we're bringing in?

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    Does anybody know much about the rook from Utah State we're bringing in?
    I know that he connected on three 50+ yard FGs in a single game. He also converted something like 147 XPs without a miss.

Dont get me started on Carlson... Some guys on the team get more flak then they deserve. He doesnt get ENOUGH. His performance last year was disastrous and extremely disapointing.

The pattern he displays is he's just not a player that handles pressure well. I flammed out quickly on the Vikings. Then he gets on the Raiders in a terrible season where frankly not a lot of kicks ment much: great he makes them all but one. Then in 2019 the Raiders are in more competittive games, a season where they challenge for a playoff spot: total collapse. When he got a chance to shine in Minnesota week 3, also totaly missed.

Its been hard to find a consistent kicker since Jano left, and have to face that we are still looking. Hope Eberle can do it. SMH

there are plenty of videos on the kid kicking from 65 yds out and making it easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Hl1WszJ3s

ps i think the kid beats out carlson,so i dont see us signing the old guy
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 05-26-2020 at 06:07 PM.

If we are gonna be a playoff team Carlson needs to go. A playoff team wins a lot of the close games.. i don't have ANY faith in Carlson with game on the line. Kicker is not a position you just "wing". You get the best in the league (PROVEN) you can find and you keep that guy happy for as long as he is consistent and successful. I never understood the kicking/punting side of things with Gruden the past few years. For a guy that gets on players for shit, how was he and Mayock so patient/forgiving with the kicking/punting situation for so long... AGAIN, a great kicker and punter duo will win you the critical games in the season. AJ Cole im comfortable with right now and hope the kid continues to grow but I'm praying Eberle steps up and is the next GREAT kicker in this league.. bc Carlson doesn't have the confidence and therefore the trust/clutch/ accuracy... shit, look at Vinatieri throughout his career (minus last year lol).. how many critical games has that guy been a part of and connected for titles/SBs. Shiiit.

Carlson was terrible last year. Bad enough that he has a weak leg and no range, but when you add in horrible accuracy, it's clear that he's got to go.

Don't even get me started on that POS punter Townsend that we drafted the year before.

Cole was a huge improvement.

You bet your ass that having a strong kicking game is extremely important.

Carlson ain't it.

Carlson's leg is as weak as 818's bowels. When we needed him to make clutch field goals, he squirted diarrhea down his leg. I don't see him making the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Carlson's leg is as weak as 818's bowels. When we needed him to make clutch field goals, he squirted diarrhea down his leg. I don't see him making the roster.
    everyone agree's carlson needs to go,what i wanna know is was it really necessary to personally attack 818 in a thread that we all agree on ???