Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordy Nelson On Derek Carr

This isn't going to go over well. Jordy Nelson just made the shit list.

Just another reason to be thankful for DC4. Kid has been through hell with the Raiders and still garners respect from young (Waller) and old (Jordy) alike. DC4 finally has legit weapons and is poised for a tremendous season.

Noooo wait!
    But that one troll that runs the corner Jiffy Lube in Philly thinks otherwise!!

DC about to have a great year with a halfway stable team around him, and I’ll be here for the haters excuses!

I don't know who doesn't know this, the best QB's in the league have stability in the franchise. DC has finally gotten some stability with the coaching and is starting to actually have some talent on the roster. We will see what he's made of this season.

I was listening/watching this live on Friday. I love the Pat McAfee show. I tune in every day Monday-Friday. But ya Jordy said some great things. Totally defended Carr n had his back. Echoed exactly what I been saying. One thing he talked about is how Carr is doing exactly what Gruden wants him to do.
    There's a part from the interview where Jordy spoke of Carr making a mistake during one of the games and Gruden getting after Carr on the sideline. But Carr was just doing exacly what Gruden told him to do in a Wednesday film session if they get in that certain look/situation they were in.
    I forgot who it was that posted something about if your mad at Derek Carr for how hes playing then you should be mad at Gruden too. Yes Derek hasnt been PERFECT operating Gruden's system but hes done pretty damn good with what hes had to work with WR wise. This 3rd year of continuity along with all the new weapons. I feel like the Raiders should be a top10 team Overall. Offense and Defense top 10. Its gona be a great year!!! Im super fired up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    I was listening/watching this live on Friday. I love the Pat McAfee show. I tune in every day Monday-Friday. But ya Jordy said some great things. Totally defended Carr n had his back. Echoed exactly what I been saying. One thing he talked about is how Carr is doing exactly what Gruden wants him to do.
    There's a part from the interview where Jordy spoke of Carr making a mistake during one of the games and Gruden getting after Carr on the sideline. But Carr was just doing exacly what Gruden told him to do in a Wednesday film session if they get in that certain look/situation they were in.
    I forgot who it was that posted something about if your mad at Derek Carr for how hes playing then you should be mad at Gruden too. Yes Derek hasnt been PERFECT operating Gruden's system but hes done pretty damn good with what hes had to work with WR wise. This 3rd year of continuity along with all the new weapons. I feel like the Raiders should be a top10 team Overall. Offense and Defense top 10. Its gona be a great year!!! Im super fired up!!!!
    Neither offense of defenses is anywhere near top 10. Both units have improved but both are very young. Until these rookies get on the field and play well they cannot be considered good NFL players. Even if they play well they are at least a year from being considered top 10. We don't really have a playmaker on defense or an elite talent on that side of the ball. Crosby looks good but he has to do it year in and year out to be considered a great player. We have had many one year wonders. Settle down with the extremely high expectations. We saw a big improvement from year 1 to 2. Hopefully we see a similar jump from 2 to 3. We are getting better that is the most important thing. Playoff should be the goal. Ideally winning the Super Bowl is the goal, but that is an unrealistic goal. Just like having an undefeated season in unrealistic.

Wait...someone who ACTUALLY knows what was going on and who KNOWS football actually defended Carr? Didnt call him a gutless pussy? Didnt say he was dumb? Didnt bring up the check downs? Said Carr was doing what GRUDEN wanted him to? Said great QBs need to be in systems for long times with the same personnel to excel? Compared Carr to Rodgers??? Nah...this guy must be some practice squad buffoon. He cant possibly know what he is talking about....Just a HOFer and someone who knows great QBs...actually played with Rodgers and Carr....Next...can we move on with this Carr is awful junk....He is a good QB and the starting QB of the Raiders. He is the BEST option we have right now. No Mariota isn't better. No Peterman isn't better. Carr is better than half the other starters in the NFL. So lets get these new guys in, lets see Gruden and Olson scheme and draw up plays that this offense executes and late make some noise in the playoffs.

Well, this time is make or break for Carr this season. He has a ton more weapons and a healthy Oline. There are no more excuses! I want 30 Passing TDS and for Carr to throw for 4,500 yards. Most importantly, I want more wins. I’ve been critical of Carr lately and I will continue to be until he proves he deserves to guide the Raiders offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRaider View Post
    Well, this time is make or break for Carr this season. He has a ton more weapons and a healthy Oline. There are no more excuses! I want 30 Passing TDS and for Carr to throw for 4,500 yards. Most importantly, I want more wins. I’ve been critical of Carr lately and I will continue to be until he proves he deserves to guide the Raiders offense.
    The better the defense the better the offense. If the defense is off the field it means the offense gets more possessions. More possessions means more points. More points equals more wins. Carr's numbers don't mean much. The most important number is low turnovers. If we are running the ball 60% of the time his numbers will be down, if we are losing and throwing the 65% of the time, his numbers will be better. If the defense is creating turnovers, we could be working with short fields. Not as many yards. Not like last year, starting from the 25 after the defense gives up a score, we pick up 4 first wins and 50 yards then punt, a holding penalty knocks us out of field goal range. Shorter field 40 yards gets us into the end zone .