Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    He isn't going to be as good as Abram but we did invest a pick in him. The game is changing a bit for the safety position, player need to be able to play both SS and FS. They are almost interchangeable now. And safety isn't a premium position is the other argument. I understand the positives and the negatives with the move. Negatives would be salary, draft pick compensation, plays a style similar to Abram and a luxury position. Positives are an al-pro caliber safety, safety opposite of Abram is a need, improves defense and he's playmaker( 2 int, 6FF, 4FR and 12 sacks)in 3 years. Also youth is a positive. Valid arguments can be made for both sides. I think what it would come down to would be draft compensation. If the deal is on the Jalen Ramsey side, its not worth it. If it just a first rounder, is where it could get tricky.
    Good points. The Jets will want high compensation for Adams for sure.

I think using a 1st on a stud DT next year will make our safeties look better.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontrowSTH View Post
    Good points. The Jets will want high compensation for Adams for sure.

I think using a 1st on a stud DT next year will make our safeties look better.
    Marvin Wilson, FSU is the best DT in this class. If he came out this year I would rank him behind Brown and ahead of Kinlaw. He is going in the top 10 and I don't see the Raiders picking in that area next year. Tyler Shelvin LSU ranks anywhere from the 2nd-5th tackle in this class. With a big seasons he will the 2nd tackle off the board. He's big body and stong. Very similar player to Hankins. More of a run stuffer and a 2nd rounder. Because he won't get to the QB don't really see him as a first rounder right now. I think that's what this class is, a lot of run stuffers. A significant drop off after Wilson.

Marvin Wilson, FSU is the best DT in this class. If he came out this year I would rank him behind Brown and ahead of Kinlaw. He is going in the top 10 and I don't see the Raiders picking in that area next year. Tyler Shelvin LSU ranks anywhere from the 2nd-5th tackle in this class. With a big seasons he will the 2nd tackle off the board. He's big body and stong. Very similar player to Hankins. More of a run stuffer and a 2nd rounder. Because he won't get to the QB don't really see him as a first rounder right now. I think that's what this class is, a lot of run stuffers. A significant drop off after Wilson.
    Well then somebody in the front 7 of the D that can make a diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontrowSTH View Post
    Well then somebody in the front 7 of the D that can make a diffrence.
    Ferrell will improve this season and we have Crosby on the other side. So D-end won't be a priority. Depth should be fine as well with Nessib. We are soft up the middle. I'm confident Mayock will find someone at d-tackle
    Last edited by psly2124; 05-23-2020 at 04:10 AM.

Jets just came out today and said they will want a 1st and a 3rd.

I don't think Adam's salary would be a deterrent, but I'd be shocked if Maylock gave up a 1st and 3rd.
    Last edited by Johnkr; 05-23-2020 at 07:30 AM.

Jets just came out today and said they will want a 1st and a 3rd.
    good luck to the team that pays anything close to that to get him

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I don't think Adams salary would be a deterrent, but I'd be shocked if Maylock gave up a 1st and 3rd.
    wont happen,mike knows the value of safeties is way down the line,pass rush,oline,cb and wr is worth way more then safeties

Ferrell will improve this season and we have Crosby on the other side. So D-end won't be a priority. Depth should be fine as well with Nessib. We are soft up the middle. I'm confident Mayock will find someone at d-tackle
    i think with marinelli now on board with lots of influence we could see maurice hurst break out completely this yr,last yr he top 5 in win rate already

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i think with marinelli now on board with lots of influence we could see maurice hurst break out completely this yr,last yr he top 5 in win rate already
    Most players/professionals improve from year 1 to year 2 (they were rookies after all), and year 2 to year 3 is usually where you see the biggest jump.