Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Jamal Adams

It's only a matter of time before this thread starts. What is the compensation and what are the salary demands? Adams is one of the best safeties in football and would upgrade the defense immediately. Adams would become the face of this defense and give it credibility. This team is in better position to trade draft picks for a stud defensive player. Could Adams be the difference make that transforms this into a top 10 defense? If it is then the trade would be a no-brainer. Safety is a weak point on this defense, we don't know what we have in Abrams yet and Heath/Randall does not strike fear in opposing offenses. Both are below average players and would make better back up. The issue is that Adams and Abrams are similar players in style. Both are play essentially the same position of SS. If Adams were more of a FS, I think it would be a no brainer. Or if we didn't have Abram, but SS are not valued as high.

I would love to get this guy. I don’t know if the team could make this happen or not, but I sure wish they could find a way.

The Jets would want a first round pick and more. An additional picks or a young player. Adams will want to be the highest paid safety in the league. Right now Eddie Jackson is making 14.6 per and Adams contact is going to be in the 15-17 range. I don't think the issue will be with the contract. We can easily come up with the necessary space by cutting Gabe Jackson. As for the first round pick, does acquiring Jamal Adams make us a playoff team. If it does, the pick would be in the 19-32 range. If we won a wild card game it puts us in the 25-32 range. So giving up the first round pick and the contract are not back breakers. It's if they want an additional first rounder or a 2nd and 3rd. Or a young player like Renfrow. I think Mayock would make the deal for a 1st rounder, its the extra's he may have a problem with. Or maybe a trade of Abram and a 2nd round pick. Just a thought.

I would be ore than happy to do a 1st . But Renfrow? no way....I got big plans for this fella. Hopefully so does Gruden

1st rd,no way,not when your also gonna have to extend him to a deal with 14 million a yr,id offer a 3rd rd pick for him

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    1st rd,no way,not when your also gonna have to extend him to a deal with 14 million a yr,id offer a 3rd rd pick for him
    Arguably the best safety in football and 24 years old is going to get a hell of a lot more than a 3rd. Minkah got a 1st and Adams is better, Minkah has more controllable years. The Jets more than a 3rd for a half season of Leonard Williams.

The Raiders have already invested a 1st in Abrams for the SS postilion. We haven't even seen what he is capable of yet. He may just turn out to be as good as Adams or close. Not worth giving up draft capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontrowSTH View Post
    The Raiders have already invested a 1st in Abrams for the SS postilion. We haven't even seen what he is capable of yet. He may just turn out to be as good as Adams or close. Not worth giving up draft capitol.
    True....and we are going to invest at left guard soon. Although we wouldn't be taking one in the 1st. Hopefully anyway LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    True....and we are going to invest at left guard soon. Although we wouldn't be taking one in the 1st. Hopefully anyway LOL
    We will draft another guard in the 3rd/4th next year to replace Incognito, any earlier is a waste of a draft pick. Next year in the draft will be DT's.
    Last edited by psly2124; 05-22-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontrowSTH View Post
    He isn't going to be as good as Abram but we did invest a pick in him. The game is changing a bit for the safety position, player need to be able to play both SS and FS. They are almost interchangeable now. And safety isn't a premium position is the other argument. I understand the positives and the negatives with the move. Negatives would be salary, draft pick compensation, plays a style similar to Abram and a luxury position. Positives are an al-pro caliber safety, safety opposite of Abram is a need, improves defense and he's playmaker( 2 int, 6FF, 4FR and 12 sacks)in 3 years. Also youth is a positive. Valid arguments can be made for both sides. I think what it would come down to would be draft compensation. If the deal is on the Jalen Ramsey side, its not worth it. If it just a first rounder, is where it could get tricky.