Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanner Muse Starting?

Tanner Muse Starting?

I don't see it right away. He's still smallish when going up against offensive lineman. He looks good in coverage when he can keep the play in front of him and has good enough recovery when TEs and slower RBs get him turned so that's a plus. He just looks like he needs to gain 20 pounds and more muscle from what I see of his play at LoS. He's not shedding blockers very often in those highlights and is mostly contributing assists. The season after this after he lifts and gains weights and learns, sure.
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

Tanner will see the field. We are not in the traditional 4-3 as much as in the past. We use a nickel corner a lot more. Teams run 3 receiver sets, you need to pull a lb and bring in the db. Think he will be able to cover the TE or RB and do an ok job. Just not the slot WR. Think he can eventually be a three down lb over time.

Seems to me that Muse is too stiff..
    If you watch him he does not seem even close to being a sub 4.4 guy.. but the stopwatch says otherwise. On tape he clearly looks to stiff especially up top. Do i see him starting, no.. for a few reasons. One he is a rookie who needs to learn the defense. 2) we have Morrow who will most likely get the 3rd LB spot as of now. Morrow knows the defense. 3) Muse is a bit undersized as well as stiff for a LBer (I hope I am wrong about being too stiff but that's the way I see him on film).

I really hope Tanner Muse becomes our starting 3rd LBer.. Not because our other choices suck but rather Tanner Muse comes out and kills it. We would then have 3 lbers that can ALL cover RBs and TEs out of the backfield allowing this defense and Guenther to be more versatile.. more exotic

We line up in a nickel D more often than not, but I don’t see Muse forcing his way in next season. While I do believe Muse has potential, in year one it’s more likely that Muse will have a notable impact on special teams and in garbage time. Joyner really needs to be playing safety, and Abram is better suited closer to the line of scrimmage.

Crosby
    Collins
    Hurst
    Ferrell

Littleton
    Kwiatkoski

1. Abram 2. Heath 3. Muse

Mullen
    Amukamara
    Randall
    Joyner

Probably nothing more than a coverage LB on obvious passing downs for the first year. As stated above, he needs to add a considerable amount of muscle and learn LB techniques. Depth for now. I'd still probably draft a SLB next year anyways. Morrow and Lee aren't the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Seems to me that Muse is too stiff..
    If you watch him he does not seem even close to being a sub 4.4 guy.. but the stopwatch says otherwise. On tape he clearly looks to stiff especially up top. Do i see him starting, no.. for a few reasons. One he is a rookie who needs to learn the defense. 2) we have Morrow who will most likely get the 3rd LB spot as of now. Morrow knows the defense. 3) Muse is a bit undersized as well as stiff for a LBer (I hope I am wrong about being too stiff but that's the way I see him on film).

I really hope Tanner Muse becomes our starting 3rd LBer.. Not because our other choices suck but rather Tanner Muse comes out and kills it. We would then have 3 lbers that can ALL cover RBs and TEs out of the backfield allowing this defense and Guenther to be more versatile.. more exotic
    He does seem stiff not fluid, I think it has to do with his height. Muse looks like a tight end. We are not used to safeties being that tall. He's 6'2 229 that's the size of LB's now. The days of the 260 pond MLB might be over. I liked him coming out. He will be fine in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    He does seem stiff not fluid, I think it has to do with his height. Muse looks like a tight end. We are not used to safeties being that tall. He's 6'2 229 that's the size of LB's now. The days of the 260 pond MLB might be over. I liked him coming out. He will be fine in a couple of years.
    I stand corrected. At 6ft 2 229lbs, he is perfect size for a WLB. Just comparing to Telvin Smith who was 6'3" 219lbs and ran a 4.41 40 time as well. So Muse is bigger (body mass wise) than Telvin Smith and just as fast

I feel like If Muse is able to earn that WLB spot our Defense Can Destroy teams. This Dude has the size and speed to shut Kelce down. & the tackling power to to stop Derrick Henry in his tracks.
    I love how our defense is shaping up.

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    I feel like If Muse is able to earn that WLB spot our Defense Can Destroy teams. This Dude has the size and speed to shut Kelce down. & the tackling power to to stop Derrick Henry in his tracks.
    I love how our defense is shaping up.
    Yes, a LB core of Kwiatkowski MLB, Littleton SLB and Muse at WLB is crazy athleticism and speed all the way around our LB Corp. Each and every one of them can stop the run, shoot the gap on a blitz, pinch the ends, drop back into SOLID zone coverage, play straight up man to man on TEs and RBs, as well as shadowing running QBs. Add to that all 3 being able to play sideline to sideline and it makes our D a fuckin beast