Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariota Was Killing Titans Defense Says Former Teammate

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Mariota Was Killing Titans Defense Says Former Teammate

The headline

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    doesn't do the story justice. I thought from the headline that Mariota was doing something that really hurt the defense. Instead, it was a quote about how Mariota made the defense a lot better with his playmaking ability in practice, emulating Patrick Mahomes and other mobile quarterbacks.

Good story.

I'm guessing it's Mariota time week 7 after the bye.

Hopefully this from the article is true:

"Mariota will be competing for the Raiders starting quarterback job despite Carr being penciled in for the position. "

Not TRUE... could’ve done it 3 straight years.... WALK THE PLANK!

It would not surprise me if Mariota was the starting QB day one. After that last 4th down grounding and the 2nd fumble in and out of the end zone, I lost all confidence that Carr can lead the Raiders. At least Mariota won't poop his pants when he sees a pass rush!

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRaider View Post
    It would not surprise me if Mariota was the starting QB day one. After that last 4th down grounding and the 2nd fumble in and out of the end zone, I lost all confidence that Carr can lead the Raiders. At least Mariota won't poop his pants when he sees a pass rush!
    Yeah that what pissed me off about Carr, that 4th down grounding, I was screaming at the Tv, that when I felt I was done with him, see what happens in 2020.

He was benched for a reason....now because he was good on a practice squad he is better than a top 15 starting QB? Right. Get used to these types of picks...

People are so ready to dump Carr for 2 plays....yet Mariota makes ALOT of bad plays....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjqMZB3e-U

He is not a bad tackler...prevented alot of Pick 6s! Maybe he can play some safety?
    Last edited by jrhone; 05-15-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    He was benched for a reason....now because he was good on a practice squad he is better than a top 15 starting QB? Right. Get used to these types of picks...

People are so ready to dump Carr for 2 plays....yet Mariota makes ALOT of bad plays....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjqMZB3e-U

He is not a bad tackler...prevented alot of Pick 6s! Maybe he can play some safety?
    Top 15 starting Qb with a 39-55 career record..

Between Carr and Mariota, who has a higher career win %? You know, the one statistic which matters more than any other statistic?

Who accomplished/won more in college?

Derek Carr is an absolute self-serving p**** just like his brother David was.

Cut the crap with the top 15 Qb nonsense .. 39-55 lmao “top 15 QB”
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 05-15-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    People are so ready to dump Carr for 2 plays....
    That's it, people want to dump him "for 2 plays?"