Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Khalil Mack Trade Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    Would you pay Crosby if he turned out as good as Mack? It’s going to cost alot more than $144M if he does. Or would you rather trade him for 2 first rd picks at that point?
    It depends with him. IF Crosby ended up being as good as Mack, I think we may be able to lock him up to a team friendly deal after 3 years because he is a 4th rounder. Mack was able to bide time with him being a first rounder. If Crosby is too ridiculous in his demands, you trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    It depends with him. IF Crosby ended up being as good as Mack, I think we may be able to lock him up to a team friendly deal after 3 years because he is a 4th rounder. Mack was able to bide time with him being a first rounder. If Crosby is too ridiculous in his demands, you trade him.
    Yeah, every young up and coming DE/DT is going to get paid. That's just how the market is. There's no such thing as a team friendly deal for a young up and coming DL. How many have you seen get locked up to "team friendly" deals?

Joey Bosa will get paid.
    Nick Bosa will get paid.
    Myles Garrett will get paid.

49ers traded DeForest Buckner because they didn't want to or couldn't afford to pay him for a 1st rd pick (in which they used to draft his replacement). Buckner ended up getting 4 years $84M.

If Crosby turns out to be as good as Mack, his market value is going to be astronomical. And we'll have the same issues again. If we're looking for a team friendly deal with Crosby, our best chance is to hope he doesn't turn out as good as Mack.

Los Angeles Chargers edge Joey Bosa: The two-time Pro Bowler and consistent game-wrecker looks like the next edge defender in line to get paid as he prepares for the option year in his rookie deal. He registered 31 quarterback hits as a 16-game starter in his age-24 2019 campaign, and one strong year should give him a chance to push for Khalil Mack money in 2021.
    Kansas City Chiefs DT Chris Jones: The game’s best interior defensive lineman not named Aaron Donald is one huge year on the franchise tag away from making as much as Donald did three years earlier ($22.5 million a season). Cap inflation helps.
    Browns' Myles Garrett could land $25 million per year with new deal extension: report

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett is one of the best players at his position, and if the team wants him around for the long haul, they are going to have to empty their bank account.

General manager Andrew Berry sees Garrett as a long-term member of the organization because they love him as a player and a person. And according to the NFL Network, if Garrett does indeed get a contract extension, he has a chance to land a $25 million per year deal, which would make him the highest-paid pass rusher in league history.
    Frank Clark and the Chiefs have agreed to a five-year, $105.5 million deal, with $63.5 million in guaranteed money. That tops the five-year, $105 million extension two-time Pro Bowler DeMarcus Lawrence received from the Dallas Cowboys earlier this month.
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 05-06-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Yeah, every young up and coming DE is going to get paid. That's just how the market is. There's no such thing as a team friendly deal for a young up and coming DE.

Joey Bosa will get paid.
    Nick Bosa will get paid.
    Myles Garrett will get paid.

If Crosby turns out to be as good as Mack, his market value is going to be astronomical. And we'll have the same issues again. If we're looking for a team friendly deal with Crosby, our best chance is to hope he doesn't turn out as good as Mack.
    We'll cross that bridge if and when we get there. What are we supposed to do ? Hope that Crosby isn't a great player ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    We'll cross that bridge if and when we get there. What are we supposed to do ? Hope that Crosby isn't a great player ?
    Up to you whatever you want to do. That wasn't the question.

I asked the question to all the people that said we lucked out on not having to pay Mack $144M..

I asked them - if Crosby becomes as good as Mack, his price tag will be even higher than $144M. Would they be for or against paying Crosby at that time.

Bottom line, if we ever get another player as good as Mack, the price tag will be higher than $144M..
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 05-06-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Would you pay Crosby if he turned out as good as Mack? Itís going to cost alot more than $144M if he does. Or would you rather trade him for 2 first rd picks at that point?
    If Crosby continues to improve, which I think he will, Mayock should offer him a new contract long before his current contract is up. That said, if a team offers two first round picks I would probably make the trade.

Remember, Mack was offered a very good contract from the Raiders and he and his agent never negotiated. He wanted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    If Crosby continues to improve, which I think he will, Mayock should offer him a new contract long before his current contract is up. That said, if a team offers two first round picks I would probably make the trade.

Remember, Mack was offered a very good contract from the Raiders and he and his agent never negotiated. He wanted to leave.
    Can you think of one up and coming DL that was inked to a team friendly deal since Von Miller?

Browns are already talking to Garrett about an extension after his 3rd year and the reported numbers are already $25M per. They could probably trade him for 2 first rd picks if they want. Let's see what they do.

49ers could start talking to Nick Bosa about an extension right now if they want, I'd think it's still going to be an outrageous number.

Even Yannick Ngakoue, who's nowhere near as good as Mack is looking for $17-20M per (and someone we were reported to be interested in).

Jadaveon Clowney, who had 3 sacks last year, is still seeking $17-18M per.

There's only 2 choices in the NFL. Either bite the bullet and pay these DL, or just keep trading them right before they are set to get paid, ala NE (Richard Seymour, Chandler Jones).

But you can't wait for the price to be right. It'll never be right. It's only going to go up (with the salary cap due to increase). If some of you guys think Mack was expensive, wait until you see what Myles Garrett and Nick Bosa get.
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 05-06-2020 at 10:42 AM.

I asked them - if Crosby becomes as good as Mack, his price tag will be even higher than $144M. Would they be for or against paying Crosby at that time.
    The answer I gave you remains the same. We'll cross that bridge if and when we get there.

There's no way to know what our cap situation will be. What players will be available in trades or free agency or the draft. All these factors and more will impact the decision.

You're asking for a definitve answer to a question now when one can't realistically be given at this time.

Keep asking and you're going to keep getting the same answer. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I think Crosby will be the most productive player on this team...dude has a non-stop motor every play..hell his relentless pass rush gave Mayowa a 7 sack season, and we let him walk! I see Great things for him...a Bright spot on the Raiders D for years to come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    The answer I gave you remains the same. We'll cross that bridge if and when we get there.

There's no way to know what our cap situation will be. What players will be available in trades or free agency or the draft. All these factors and more will impact the decision.

You're asking for a definitve answer to a question now when one can't realistically be given at this time.

Keep asking and you're going to keep getting the same answer. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
    Like I told you already, you can do what you want. I'm not here to censor you or stop you in any way. So, I've recorded your answer already on my ledger. Don't worry, your answer has been recorded. I never asked you a second time but thanks for letting me know your answer remains the same. I'm going to guess that your answer remains the same tomorrow so no need to remind me tomorrow that your answer still remains the same. Thanks for playing!

Like I told you already, you can do what you want. I'm not here to censor you or stop you in any way. So, I've recorded your answer already on my ledger. Don't worry, your answer has been recorded. I never asked you a second time but thanks for letting me know your answer remains the same. I'm going to guess that your answer remains the same tomorrow so no need to remind me tomorrow that your answer still remains the same. Thanks for playing!
    You're welcome. I just reiterated my answer because you asked the question again.

Keep asking though.