Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Carr Addresses 4th Down Throwaways

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    In terms of the history of Raiders QB's? Absolutely! Carr after next season will be #1 in every statistical category there is to hold in the history of the Raiders!! If he wins a couple of Super Bowls along the way, his status will leap into the "Hall of Fame' discussion!

Go Raiders!
    His legacy is already cemented being a 1x winning season QB. Any accomplishments after this is just gravy..

Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    I'm sure guys in Tampa Bay were saying the same thing about Brad Johnson....
    Yup, and the same thing guys in Milwaukee were saying about Brad Lohaus...

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    Yup, and the same thing guys in Milwaukee were saying about Brad Lohaus...
    The celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    The celtic?
    The Timberwolf

When was the last time

The Timberwolf
    You saw Brady, Rodgers, Wilson or any other great QB in this league ground the ball or throw the ball into the stands on fourth down?

I can't recall one either.

Imagine how many games Rodgers won with his hail mary passes, giving his receivers a chance to make a play. Why not just ground the ball?

I've played a lot of football in my life, and my bone-on-bone knees are living proof. Have I EVER grounded the ball on fourth down?

Hell no. I gave my teammates a chance to make a play.

Have I ever given up on a play in a key part of the game without at least trying to run for a score or a first down?

Oh, hell no.

You play to win.

You don't play to pad your stats.

I'm sorry, but Derek Carr is pathetic. I have a Carr jersey in my closet, but I won't wear it anymore because he neither has the "Will to Win," nor the "Pride and Poise" under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    You saw Brady, Rodgers, Wilson or any other great QB in this league ground the ball or throw the ball into the stands on fourth down?

I can't recall one either.

Imagine how many games Rodgers won with his hail mary passes, giving his receivers a chance to make a play. Why not just ground the ball?

I've played a lot of football in my life, and my bone-on-bone knees are living proof. Have I EVER grounded the ball on fourth down?

Hell no. I gave my teammates a chance to make a play.

Have I ever given up on a play in a key part of the game without at least trying to run for a score or a first down?

Oh, hell no.

You play to win.

You don't play to pad your stats.

I'm sorry, but Derek Carr is pathetic. I have a Carr jersey in my closet, but I won't wear it anymore because he neither has the "Will to Win," nor the "Pride and Poise" under pressure.
    Have you seen every play of Rodgers and Brady's career? No you haven't. If you had, i'm sure you will see a similar plays. By the way both games the Raiders had zero chance of winning even if they scored. Both games the raiders were down at least 14 points with around 5 minutes to play. Both games were over.

So it's ok to give up because the games are already over according to psly? The guy wants the Raiders to have players who tuck their tails when facing any sort of adversity. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    So it's ok to give up because the games are already over according to psly? The guy wants the Raiders to have players who tuck their tails when facing any sort of adversity. Embarrassing.
    Well here is Arron Rodgers throwing the ball away 59 times during the course of a seaon. A lot of plays, players are wide open and if his name was Carr fans would be calling for his head. Wow the rollout pressure looks a lot like a certain game everyone complains about. https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packer...throwaways-229
    Last edited by psly2124; 05-04-2020 at 04:58 AM.

I did a google search of "throw the ball away on 4th down" and all that came up was Derek Carr's name..

I did a google search of "throw the ball away on 4th down" and all that came up was Derek Carr's name..
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...wn-vs-vikings/