Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft will proceed in fully virtual format

2020 NFL Draft will proceed in fully virtual format

Commissioner Roger Goodell informed all 32 NFL clubs that the 2020 NFL Draft would proceed in a fully virtual format in a memo sent out Monday obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

League and club facilities are set to remain closed indefinitely, to ensure the NFL is in compliance with current regulations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and therefore clubs were advised to prepare to conduct the draft outside of their facilities.

Read more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...virtual-format
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

This is ridiculous. The team facility should be open and the owner, head coach and GM in the same room while the draft is going on. They're going way overboard with this.

I really hope they give more time between picks. Especially with “wars rooms” all messed up

Curious where our war room will be?
    Still close to Headquarters in Alameda? Some random conference room?

or in Vegas? A hotel getting a nice spot set up for GruOck & co

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    I really hope they give more time between picks. Especially with “wars rooms” all messed up

Curious where our war room will be?
    Still close to Headquarters in Alameda? Some random conference room?

or in Vegas? A hotel getting a nice spot set up for GruOck & co
    You're not catching on. There is no war room. Gruden is in his house. Mayock is in his house. Mark is in his house.

They're not going to be in the same room anywhere. Capisce ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    You're not catching on. There is no war room. Gruden is in his house. Mayock is in his house. Mark is in his house.

They're not going to be in the same room anywhere. Capisce ?
    i just hope their feeds aren,t all screwed up or breaking up or delayed and shit

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i just hope their feeds aren,t all screwed up or breaking up or delayed and shit
    Well if Al was alive; he sure as hell make sure Jon and Mike had delay problems;...with the raiders 12th pick of the draft, they draft...Javelin Guidry, Utah
    Last edited by SuperRaider; 04-06-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    I know. This 'virtual' draft is crazy. There's no reason the braintrust can't be in the same room coordinating things.

I look at it this way....they allow people to go shopping for groceries and you can bet your ass there's more than a handful of people in the grocery.

The draft is an NFL's team chance to go 'grocery shopping'. Mandating that team facilities have to be closed and the top brass not permitted to congregate there is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Well if Al was alive; he sure as hell make sure Jon and Mike had delay problems;...with the raiders 12th pick of the draft, they draft...Javelin Guidry, Utah
    Zombie AL is going to hack into the draft feed and select Henry Ruggs. AL still rules !

I understand the need for 'social distancing'. I get that the NFL wants to adhere to the 'stay in place' rules. But taking it to the Nth degree like this borders on insanity.

What's next, virtual games ??

I don't see any problems with a virtual format. Each team will already have their draft board completed. If player A is gone, they take player B. Trade scenarios will have already been discussed. Maylock, Gruden, and Davis will be in constant communication. I'm sure the NFL will be using the best technology. I'm looking forward to it.