Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mack and Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Ok Super, now explain what's happened after 2016.
    I am not saying Reggie was great GM or a bad GM....he was maybe the only person that would take the Raider GM job at a low pay (have no idea what Reggie salary was), but Mark really had no money when Reggie was hired...

You gotta admit; Carr was really on fire before his 2016 injuries....he could have carry the team far in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Zero chance we win the super bowl with that team. The defense was terrible. THe only did one thing well and that was getting turnovers. Playoffs are different from the regular season. We were not beating the Patriots, they would have beaten us like a drum. Brady would have moved the ball up and down the field on us, the Patriots don't turn it over. REggie took over and destroyed a team. The year he took over we were 8-8 and just traded for Carson Palmer. If Jason Cambell didn't get hurt, we were a playoff team. Yes we were in a bad cap situation, many teams are in similar situations, he could of let those bad contracts play out. No he decided to tear it all down and turn it into the worst team in football. No discussion, that is a fact. And did nothing to improve the team. His big free agent signing the first year was to overpay for a terrible guard who didn't fit the scheme. Mike Breisel to a five year 20 million dollar contract. Which was a terrible contract for a shitty player. So we were in cap hell and sign a fucking guard to a ludicrous contract
    But how do you know that; Raiders loss that last game to denver because Carr was out; (injured), if he played we would have had a playoff bye with a 13-3 record....
    That season Carr was a hot QB, and a hot QB can carry you to the Superbowl....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I am not saying Reggie was great GM or a bad GM....he was maybe the only person that would take the Raider GM job at a low pay (have no idea what Reggie salary was), but Mark really had no money when Reggie was hired...

You gotta admit; Carr was really on fire before his 2016 injuries....he could have carry the team far in the playoffs
    Nope. There were probably dozens of GM candidates that would have gladly taken the job as Raider GM. It wasn't an enviable situation, but there's only 32 NFL GM jobs in the world. Reggie didn't do the Raiders a favor agreeing to take the job. In the end, it turned out he was a poor GM and a bad hire.

Carrbage played as well as he can in 2016. Still, I never considered him a great QB, or an MVP candidate, even then. I was hopeful he would grow into one though. 4 years later, I'm able to accept he's a mediocre pussy and 2016 was a fluke season.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    But how do you know that; Raiders loss that last game to denver because Carr was out; (injured), if he played we would have had a playoff bye with a 13-3 record....
    That season Carr was a hot QB, and a hot QB can carry you to the Superbowl....
    Could have, would have, should have. He didn't.

Never mind getting to a SB, I'm willing to bet Carrbage never gets to the playoffs !

The defense was not good enough to stop anyone. That was not a Super Bowl team in 2016. 2017 proved that
    Last edited by psly2124; 04-06-2020 at 04:52 AM.

Patriots were in waiting also