Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Take 2. Would you do this trade?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    When it comes to receivers, we need to take the best one available and adjust our offense to their skills rather than taking the best fit for the current offense. We'll see if MM does this for Gruden.
    i agree we need an explosive type of wr1 not a calvin ridley type,sure the calvin ridley type will perform yr 1 immediately but by yr 2 the explosive guy will be heads and shoulders better then the other one but every once in a while you get a randy moss,julio jones,calvin johnson whom impacts right away,i think cee dee lamb is this type of wr1,personally ive watched alot on jerry jeudy and im not sold on him as a wr1,i think henry ruggs has more upside,same with jefferson and mims
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 04-01-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i agree we need an explosive type of wr1 not a calvin ridley type,sure the calvin ridley type will perform yr 1 immediately but by yr 2 the explosive guy will be heads and shoulders better then the other one but every once in a while you get a randy moss,julio jones,calvin johnson whom impacts right away,i think cee dee lamb is this type of wr1,personally ive watched alot on jerry jeudy and im not sold on him as a wr1,i think henry ruggs has more upside,same with jefferson and mims
    I'm not sold on any of them. Juedy is very similar to Jefferson. Both played in the slot exclusively last season. Ruggs isn't a go to guy, more of a 3rd option. That doesn't work. Lamn played against two good corners last year. Gladney at TCU, he did nothing against him. And the LSU game, he did nothing against the corners. The big pass he caught for 50 wasn;y against Fulton or Stingley. I'm not confident with any of them.

As long as Pussyboy is QB a rookie WR no matter how good he might eventually be will have little to no impact. Book that.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I'm not sold on any of them. Juedy is very similar to Jefferson. Both played in the slot exclusively last season. Ruggs isn't a go to guy, more of a 3rd option. That doesn't work. Lamn played against two good corners last year. Gladney at TCU, he did nothing against him. And the LSU game, he did nothing against the corners. The big pass he caught for 50 wasn;y against Fulton or Stingley. I'm not confident with any of them.
    jeudy is skinnier,smaller,shorter and slower then jefferson or mims whom are more physical and can win 50/50 balls vs jeudy whom is a route runner and yac guy mostly,as for cee dee he is clearly the best of the best even at the combines you could see he was the best and college tape only tells you so much about the kid,same with ruggs you have to look at their skill sets and extrapolate forward, these kids are gonna get better,bigger,more physical once in the pros cee dee's size,speed,power profile is gonna be a bitch to deal with at the pro level and ruggs's speed is already a mis match for any cb to deal with at the pro level imagine him learning to run routes he would be unstoppable,kids already got great hands

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    As long as Pussyboy is QB a rookie WR no matter how good he might eventually be will have little to no impact. Book that.
    naw jeudy (route runner/yac) fits carr like a glove and would contribute right away

naw jeudy (route runner/yac) fits carr like a glove and would contribute right away
    Are the routes longer than 10 yards ?

CDL is a better fit for Carrbage than Jeudy. He's more dangerous in the open field and will get more YAC.

Are the routes longer than 10 yards ?
    many of jerry jeudys routes were the 8-12 yds variety and yac

CDL is a better fit for Carrbage than Jeudy. He's more dangerous in the open field and will get more YAC.
    id take c.d over jeudy all day long his profile of size,speed,power is a problem for any cb in the n.f.l

jeudy is skinnier,smaller,shorter and slower then jefferson or mims whom are more physical and can win 50/50 balls vs jeudy whom is a route runner and yac guy mostly,as for cee dee he is clearly the best of the best even at the combines you could see he was the best and college tape only tells you so much about the kid,same with ruggs you have to look at their skill sets and extrapolate forward, these kids are gonna get better,bigger,more physical once in the pros cee dee's size,speed,power profile is gonna be a bitch to deal with at the pro level and ruggs's speed is already a mis match for any cb to deal with at the pro level imagine him learning to run routes he would be unstoppable,kids already got great hands
    I get that they are all flawed. I'm tired of the Ruggs speed is difficult. It isn't a mismatch. THe players he is going against are fast. If ruggs was lining up against me or you, it would be a mismatch. If speed caused mismatches, the Raiders would have had the best receivers in football for 30 years. DHB, Jett, Carlos Francis. The list is long. The issue is they can't get off the line and that is where the speed is neutralized. So a lot of times offense run gimmicks to get the fast player open. Which is fine, we have Rico Gafford for the "gimmicks". Ruggs is much better, but both have similar size and speed. Good corners neutralize speed all the time. I would be more comfortable with Ruggs if we had two starting caliber receivers. THen you can move him around and get mismatches. When he's lining up against the top corner every play. He becomes worthless.