Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Take 2. Would you do this trade?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    He clearly needs help. When people need to constantly put other people down, there is no doubt some deep rooted personal issues going on there. It's sad and pathetic.

    Raiders fans boards like these, should be about sharing and talking Raider football in a productive and thougt provoking type of way. Not used as crutch and outlet to vent personal issues to an audience who doesn't care to hear the words of someone needing serious help.

    It's like the guy who shows up to the party that he is not invited to, and then makes an absolute fool of himself, by being loud, obnoxious, and talking non-stop about things he has no idea about what he's talking about.

    When was the last time you saw this person write a thought provoking topic, pertaining to Raiders football in a positive way? Wheen was the last time as you saw this person come into thread after thread after thread, where he is not wanted, and stinks up the thread with negative BS? Answer: 8 to 10 times per day. If this is not a clear example of someone needing help, I don't know what is.

    Go Raiders!

    Absolutely. The man seems like a very sick person who's going through life unmanaged and unmedicated probably because he's so myopic that he doesn't realize he needs professional help. And, here we are the ones who have to suffer through the rantings of a deranged lunatic. I hope he gets help soon.
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

    Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

  2. #12
    I would not do it. The quality of the players at 25-27 is much different than at 12. One bonafide playmaker is worth more than two solid players if they even become that. I understand that the draft is a crapshoot but I rather take a shot at a legitimate blue-chip player than two players with question marks. the only time I would do that is if we were looking at less valuable positions (I.e. Guard, LB, Safety) where you can still find top tier talent at the bottom of the first.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Minnesota would never do this. They are desperate for a corner. THey lost Waynes, Rhodes and Alexander. And Joseph and Griffen on the d line. 12up gives CNN a run for it's money with fake news.
    Please help. Where can I get "real" news? Asking for a friend.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRaider View Post
    I would not do it. The quality of the players at 25-27 is much different than at 12. One bonafide playmaker is worth more than two solid players if they even become that. I understand that the draft is a crapshoot but I rather take a shot at a legitimate blue-chip player than two players with question marks. the only time I would do that is if we were looking at less valuable positions (I.e. Guard, LB, Safety) where you can still find top tier talent at the bottom of the first.
    Exactly. We are a team full of holes and we need game changing players. If we had a team that was fully stocked and just a couple of pieces here and there would put us over the top then sure. We need elite talent right now to elevate the entire team over drafting for depth.
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

    Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

  5. #15
    It was always the Al Davis approach to drafting. The only issue Al was that he wanted to show how much smarter he was than everybody else and reach for some random dude with elite traits.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRaider View Post
    I would not do it. The quality of the players at 25-27 is much different than at 12. One bonafide playmaker is worth more than two solid players if they even become that. I understand that the draft is a crapshoot but I rather take a shot at a legitimate blue-chip player than two players with question marks. the only time I would do that is if we were looking at less valuable positions (I.e. Guard, LB, Safety) where you can still find top tier talent at the bottom of the first.
    MM as a talent evaluator is second to none though. Maxx Crosby if there was a do over would go in round 1 and he was drafted in round 4. Hunter Renfro on a do over would probably go in round 2 not round 5.

    In recent years, Lamar Jackson went pick #32. Russell Wilson goes round 3. MM recently pointed out Renfro had better numbers than 14 of th last 17 first round recievers taken.

    I've also heard Daniel Jerimiah say having worked with MM at the NFL Network for a number of years, his draft thought process was always 'MM wants as many darts to throw at the dart board'. I trust in MM to make the right call.

    If MM thinks Jeudy or Lamb are the next Julio Jones, stay pat and don't trade down. I am hearing this is a very deep draft though and based on last years success, I want MM to have as many draft picks as possible. Lacking a 2nd, 6th, and 7th rounder, I don't think it's a matter of if, but a matter of when MM trades down.

    Go Raiders!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    If MM thinks Jeudy or Lamb are the next Julio Jones, stay pat and don't trade down. I am hearing this is a very deep draft though and based on last years success, I want MM to have as many draft picks as possible. Lacking a 2nd, 6th, and 7th rounder, I don't think it's a matter of if, but a matter of when MM trades down.

    Go Raiders!

    I agree and its kind of my point. I(just a dude who watches football) by no means have the expertise that MM has but from what I see Lamb, Juedy, and Ruggs look light years ahead of the others that can be had at the end of round 1. if he can find some comps to those later in the round and pick up more "darts" by all means go ahead. However, this is the biggest mystery draft in recent memory. Just from listing to MM speak in interviews, I think he likes to make his final decision based on his face to face encounters with the prospects. Look at the dudes he has already drafted and their personalities. Cle (good kid with a go head on his shoulders) Abrams( tough due how is intense, tone setter) JJ (soft-spoken, low key tough dude, hard worker) Crosby (high energy) Hunter (hard worker). I think that those interviews are key in his decision making process.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRaider View Post
    I agree and its kind of my point. I(just a dude who watches football) by no means have the expertise that MM has but from what I see Lamb, Juedy, and Ruggs look light years ahead of the others that can be had at the end of round 1. if he can find some comps to those later in the round and pick up more "darts" by all means go ahead. However, this is the biggest mystery draft in recent memory. Just from listing to MM speak in interviews, I think he likes to make his final decision based on his face to face encounters with the prospects. Look at the dudes he has already drafted and their personalities. Cle (good kid with a go head on his shoulders) Abrams( tough due how is intense, tone setter) JJ (soft-spoken, low key tough dude, hard worker) Crosby (high energy) Hunter (hard worker). I think that those interviews are key in his decision making process.
    Good points. One other bit I've read is this years crop of receivers is as deep as it has possibly ever been. I've heard there are roughly 25 WR's graded to be selected witin the first three rounds of the draft this year. These grades are all 'starting' grades as well.

    Look at Saints WR Michael Thomas as an example. Dude went pick #47 in round 2 a few years ago. Now he's one of the best in the game.

    This draft is very compelling and is going to be awesome. 5 picks in the first 91 selections gives MM and Chucky some serious firepower to move up and down the board as they see fit!

    Go Raiders!

  9. #19
    When it comes to receivers, we need to take the best one available and adjust our offense to their skills rather than taking the best fit for the current offense. We'll see if MM does this for Gruden.
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

    Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Good points. One other bit I've read is this years crop of receivers is as deep as it has possibly ever been. I've heard there are roughly 25 WR's graded to be selected witin the first three rounds of the draft this year. These grades are all 'starting' grades as well.

    Look at Saints WR Michael Thomas as an example. Dude went pick #47 in round 2 a few years ago. Now he's one of the best in the game.

    This draft is very compelling and is going to be awesome. 5 picks in the first 91 selections gives MM and Chucky some serious firepower to move up and down the board as they see fit!

    Go Raiders!
    To your point, I would even throw in Scary Terry last year. I am convinced we would have taken him if it were not for the trade hat shall not be named.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •