Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you give up in a trade for Brandin Cooks?

What would you give up in a trade for Brandin Cooks?

Peter King recently wrote he sees the Raiders as 1 of 4 teams as a potential landing spot for Cooks who appears to be on the trading block.
    If you were calling the shots, would you A. Want Brandin Cooks on the Raiders? and B. What would be the compensation you would give up to get him?

Here are Peter King's suggestions.

1 Philadelphia, for the 53rd pick in the draft.
    2 Green Bay, for the 62nd pick in the draft.
    3 Oakland, for the 80th and 121st picks in the draft. (Raiders don’t have a second-rounder.)
    4 Washington, for the 66th pick in the draft.

I was at the Raiders vs the Saints in NO back in 2016. Carr to Crabtree with the late 2 point conversion try to give us the win by a point was awesome!

I also saw Brandin Cooks go off that day. When he is right, you can deny that speed and ability. Still only 26 years old, Cooks is about to enter the Prime of his career. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKveXCi5ELM

What would you do? If the medical is good, his contract is re-worked, and we could get him for moderate compensation, I personally would make the trade.

Again, when you are paying Goff, Darnold, and what they are about to pay Jalen Ramsey, you have a hard time keeping your team together. And I higly doubt that losing your top talent is 'Part of the plan'. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-of-the-plan/

Go Raiders!

SMH dude... Cooks has a major concussion problem and is well on his way to retire because of it. He probably should right now. Im not even giving him a free agent tryout.

We dont need to be giving away ANYTHING for other teams problems, anymore. Look at our mid round picks last year if you think 3rd round picks dont have much value.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    SMH dude... Cooks has a major concussion problem and is well on his way to retire because of it. He probably should right now. Im not even giving him a free agent tryout.

We dont need to be giving away ANYTHING for other teams problems, anymore. Look at our mid round picks last year if you think 3rd round picks dont have much value.
    Perhaps the concussions drives down the trade value even more. Peter King is suggesting 2 draft picks from the Raiders. With all due respect, King is in the know with professional football more so than anyone on this board.

And where did you read or hear Cooks was 'well on his way to retire'?

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/...-of-concussion

Cooks at his age and production, would be the best WR on our roster. Williams has had 1, 1000 yard season. Cooks has had 4, and he's again only 26 years of age.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/CookBr00.htm

Go Raiders!

I'd be willing to give up something of no value......Derek Carrbage.

We win any trade involving Derek. It's known in the trade as addition by subtraction.

JG and MM are clearly ready to move on from Carrbage and would love to get a draft pick (perhaps a 2nd) for Pussyboy, but that's not likely to happen unless another team has a QB injury.

I'm not a big Cooks fan by any means so I'm not that interested in him. No way I'm trading two 3rd rounders for him.

Since the Rams already have Goff and can't possibly want Carrbage, I can't see us trading for Cooks. If they want to go Bill O'brien and just dump Cooks they can call Mayock and I wouldn't mind give them a 6th or 7th next year. Tired of trading for WRs and getting little to nothing production wise in return.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I'd be willing to give up something of no value......Derek Carrbage.

We win any trade involving Derek. It's known in the trade as addition by subtraction.

JG and MM are clearly ready to move on from Carrbage and would love to get a draft pick (perhaps a 2nd) for Pussyboy, but that's not likely to happen unless another team has a QB injury.

I'm not a big Cooks fan by any means so I'm not that interested in him. No way I'm trading two 3rd rounders for him.

Since the Rams already have Goff and can't possibly want Carrbage, I can't see us trading for Cooks. If they want to go Bill O'brien and just dump Cooks they can call Mayock and I wouldn't mind give them a 6th or 7th next year. Tired of trading for WRs and getting little to nothing production wise in return.
    You and others having been pounding the 'get rid of Carr drum' for quite some time now. There has been amble opportunity to trade for a QB, trade Carr, release Carr, and draft Carr's replacement for the last 3 years and NONE OF IT HAS HAPPENED!

Saying Chucky and MM are clearly ready to move on from Carr holds absolutely no merit what so ever.

Again, you are at the end of your rope. The draft is three weeks from Thursday. It essentially your last pipe dream opportunity to get rid of Carr. When it doesn't happen, you really need to let it go. You are continuing to dig a deeper and deeper hole that you will never be able to crawl out of.

A thread started regarding the potential trade involving Brandin Cooks, brought up by a very credible and respected sports journalist in Peter King, was high jacked by your constant BS regarding Derek Carr.

You obviously have some type of obsessive compulsive disorder and major jealousy issue involving Derek Carr. Again, I wrote yesterday it's making you look bad man. There's help you can get for this type of thing.

Try bringing some value to the board and discuss Raiders football in a positive way. Using the Raiders, their players, and the good knowledgeable people on this board as a crutch and as a source to vent your frustrations you clearly have in your personal life is not the way to go. There clearly is a better way.

Good luck in your quest seeking help.

Go Raiders!

I wouldn't trad for him because of the contact that is owed. He won't renegotiate because of the guarantees that are left. No thanks. If he we released, I would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I wouldn't trad for him because of the contact that is owed. He won't renegotiate because of the guarantees that are left. No thanks. If he we released, I would consider it.
    Thank you for staying on topic and giving a good quality thought out answer. Sometimes when trades with contracts like his, the club trading the player away, will pick up some of his contract. I'm sure Tom Delaney could re-work the deal to make it more friendly to the Raiders, which was one of the stipulation I wrote about in terms of wanting to make a Cooks trade happen.

Concussions are a factor. Perhaps this again drives down his value a little bit.

Go Raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    You and others having been pounding the 'get rid of Carr drum' for quite some time now. There has been amble opportunity to trade for a QB, trade Carr, release Carr, and draft Carr's replacement for the last 3 years and NONE OF IT HAS HAPPENED!

Saying Chucky and MM are clearly ready to move on from Carr holds absolutely no merit what so ever.

Again, you are at the end of your rope. The draft is three weeks from Thursday. It essentially your last pipe dream opportunity to get rid of Carr. When it doesn't happen, you really need to let it go. You are continuing to dig a deeper and deeper hole that you will never be able to crawl out of.

A thread started regarding the potential trade involving Brandin Cooks, brought up by a very credible and respected sports journalist in Peter King, was high jacked by your constant BS regarding Derek Carr.

You obviously have some type of obsessive compulsive disorder and major jealousy issue involving Derek Carr. Again, I wrote yesterday it's making you look bad man. There's help you can get for this type of thing.

Try bringing some value to the board and discuss Raiders football in a positive way. Using the Raiders, their players, and the good knowledgeable people on this board as a crutch and as a source to vent your frustrations you clearly have in your personal life is not the way to go. There clearly is a better way.

Good luck in your quest seeking help.

Go Raiders!
    Still playing armchair psychiatrist ? LMAO

You're pathetic.

What kind of asshole posts absurd nonsense like 'Carrbage is well on the way to being one of the all time greats' ??

What kind of asshole posts 'In Reggie I trust' long after that failure of a GM was sent packing ?

What kind of asshole automatically assigns an A+++ grade to every single move the Raiders make ?

I mean, everyone knows by now that you're a pure homer that knows nothing about football, but touting Derek Dumbass as one of the greatest QBs ever shows that you're nothing but a complete moron and troll.

I'm going to LMAO when your world comes crashing down when Carrbage is no longer a Raider. That day is coming and sooner than you think. It's inevitable.

You think Carrbage is a permanent fixture and is going to be one of the all time great QBs. I think 2020 is his last year as a Raider and that he's a mediocre pussy.

We'll see soon enough.

In the meantime, you can GFY.

#A+++++++++ dipshit.

dont - need - other - teams - problems

dont - need - to - give - up - free - draft - picks

thank - you

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Still playing armchair psychiatrist ? LMAO

You're pathetic.

What kind of asshole posts absurd nonsense like 'Carrbage is well on the way to being one of the all time greats' ??

What kind of asshole posts 'In Reggie I trust' long after that failure of a GM was sent packing ?

What kind of asshole automatically assigns an A+++ grade to every single move the Raiders make ?

I mean, everyone knows by now that you're a pure homer that knows nothing about football, but touting Derek Dumbass as one of the greatest QBs ever shows that you're nothing but a complete moron and troll.

I'm going to LMAO when your world comes crashing down when Carrbage is no longer a Raider. That day is coming and sooner than you think. It's inevitable.

You think Carrbage is a permanent fixture and is going to be one of the all time great QBs. I think 2020 is his last year as a Raider and that he's a mediocre pussy.

We'll see soon enough.

In the meantime, you can GFY.

#A+++++++++ dipshit.
    Who's the troll? It wouldn't be you coming into every single one of my threads and the other good members on this board, spewing your horse manure on a daily basis, would it? I think that makes you the troll.

Try writing your own threads and I promise I won't read any of the or comment on them as well. You honestly are a sorry excuse for a Raider fan and if Al Davis were still alive, reading this BS from you on a consistent basis, he himself would throw you out of the Raider Nation for good!

Go away!

Go Raiders!