Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More success: 1st rd. ALL D? or ALL O?

More success: 1st rd. ALL D? or ALL O?

Mayock & Gruden decide to “go big” on 1 side of the ball.

In both scenarios we get 1 player to fall to us that is realistic
    All D or All O? Which side would you like for the Raiders.

Note: we know most want a WR and either a CB or S. But play along.
    Have to pick 1 side of the ball...

D:

#12 Derrick Brown falls to us.
    Daniel Jeremiah before the combine said, Brown should be getting more play of best defender in the draft with Young. Every elite thing Young does on the outside, Brown has as many elite traits in the inside. Game changer on the inside.

#19 Take your pick at S/CB
    Fulton, Henderson, McKinney

With free agency plus these 1st round picks, those are legit game changing moves on D.

In the 3rd we grab a WR & RB to help out the O

O:

#12 We take your favorite WR CeeDee/Jeudy/Ruggs

#19 the last of the big 3 WRs fall to us.
    We end up with 2 of Jeudy/CeeDee/Ruggs.

The efficient Carr gets the ball to some BIG time playmakers in this O.
    Top 5 O right away.

In the 3rd we grab some help on D. A Safety, a CB, maybe some depth on the DL or LBer

One side of the ball has the dude’s to reach elite territory. Which side would you choose
    Last edited by Pitzrrr; 03-29-2020 at 02:32 PM.

ok on o

cee dee and mims...just imagine ceedee and mims on the outside with renfro in the slot, waller and jj growing together on cheap rookie contracts

on d

henderson and mckinley (sp)...just imagine henderson,mullen,abrams,mckinley growing together on cheap rookie deals plus our young dline and linebackers
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 03-29-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Well I hope we really pick a wide receiver and a cornerback but to play along I will go with:

Offense CeeDee and Ruggs.

Defense I don't think Brown drops that far so I am going Fulton and McKinney.

You have too much time on your hands. We don't have to dedicate both picks to either the offense or the defense.

Even if we added two WRs in the 1st, the offense won't be elite. If we add one QB maybe. Carrbage and elite offense don't belong in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    The efficient Carr gets the ball to some BIG time playmakers in this O.
    Top 5 O right away.
    Yeah, sure. I'm all for trying it though. Going to be hilarious seeing the new excuses the Carrbage clown crew comes up with when we still don't put up points.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    You have too much time on your hands.
    Who doesn’t?
    Our top threads are about the corona virus and another about a worker building the stadium has the virus.

Shoot me now

Who doesn’t?
    Our top threads are about the corona virus and another about a worker building the stadium has the virus.

Shoot me now
    not much to do these days,staying inside and going out only for food or gas but nowhere to go,fvckers are shutting down parks,trails,tennis court,soccer fields,basketball courts,gyms,restaurant,malls,beaches soon they will shut down sidewalks and arrest people like in russia

Who doesn’t?

Shoot me now
    Can't disagree with that. We're all locked down and the Carrona virus is all that's being talked about.

I'd take the first scenario if Derrick Brown fell along with a corner/LB/safety

I can't see us drafting a DT. I think Marinelli already has his boy in Collins.

Not saying drafting Brown is a bad idea, but I think for the time being we are done allocating more draft equity to the DL.

Just drafted CF in the 1st. Added Collins, Nassib in FA. PJ is a relatively recent 2nd round pick. Key a 3rd. And you've got Hurst and Hankins.

Think Key gets one more shot. Doubt Dion Jordan is back.

I think Mayock sat down with Marinelli and Paulie PopGun and asked what do you need to fix this shitty defense. Marinelli said a DT that can push the middle and Collins is the guy to do it. Done. I think Heath is only here on Marinelli's recomendation.

Sure would be hard to pass on Brown if he falls to 12. He probably won't anyway.

I think we're riding with the horses we have on the DL.

Defensively, the priority has to be to get faster on the back end and 2nd level. We're still way too slow and lack playmakers in the secondary.

I see CB being the most likely defensive 1st round addition. Whoever it is better be able to fly. Tired of seeing WRs run past our snails. Tired of safeties that are always a step too late. Zombie AL nods his head in agreement.

Simmons is the guy that can help fix the defense more than anyone else. If he can handle it mentally, this fucker can do it all.

Want to complete the LB corps with tremendous speed ? Check.
    Want a guy that can come off the edge or blitz like a mofo ? Check.
    Want a guy that can play safety and still ballhawk with great size ? Check.

Add speed at WR and CB later in the draft. Should be signing someone like Carlos Hyde to give Josh some help. If not, drafting a RB is also an urgent need.

Get our franchise QBOTF or an impact player like Simmons on D day one of the draft....and we're alot closer to a SB than we were when the day started.

Move up to #4, mission accomplished.

Whatever we decide to do, we're going to need Mayock to ace this draft. Can't have any more Reggie drafts.

I just want two productive rookies. If they happen to be on offense or defense, it doesn't matter. We still have holes on both sides of the ball.