Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carr by the numbers

Carr by the numbers

It seems the Derek Carr debate won't go away. But at the end of the day, the stats don't lie. Many of the haters will quickly point to Carr's career 39-55 win/loss record as reason enough to discredit Carr as being a great QB. But anyone who really knows the game of football, knows this is the ultimate team sport, with 11 men on offense, 11 men on defense, with kickers and coaching staffs also being big factors in wins and losses as well.

At this point we all know there is a bias against the Raiders in terms of officiating, therefore in theory, making it harder for the Raiders to get wins.

https://silverandblacktoday.com/2020...iders-is-real/

With football again being the ultimate team sport, having a great defense or even a pretty good defense will help you earn wins. Bad defenses which has pretty much been the theme other than Carr's MVP caliber season in 2016 (Only then they were ranked 22nd but the did take the ball away finishing the season +16 in turnover ratio). We've all heard the term used 'Defense wins championships' since as long as we can remember. Until the Raiders get a great defense, we are unfortunately going to be in the same boat as we've been before.

The good news is since Chucky and MM took over, building a championship winning defense has been a huge priority. We saw it in the draft last year, we've seen it FA this year, and we will see the finishing touches put on the building of this defense in 3 1/2 weeks in the 2020 NFL draft!

When Trent Dilfer, Payton Manning with the Broncos, and Tom Brady with the Pats vs the Rams in 2018, win Super Bowls with the level of play they played at those seasons, it again shows you that indeed defense wins championships. Great QB play with great defenses, earns you Super Bowl championships in dominating fashion! We've got the QB part of it taken care of, now comes the defense part of it.

Now back to the numbers. Let's look at where Carr ranks in Raiders history in a number of major categories.

Yards
    Carr - 22,793
    Stabler - 19,073
    Gannon -17,585

Touchdowns
    Stabler - 150
    Lamonica - 148
    Carr - 143

Completion %
    Carr - 64%
    Gannon - 62.6%
    Stabler 59.9%

INT's
    Stabler - 143
    Lamonica - 115
    Carr - 62 (several other Raiders QB's have more than Carr at this point)

Yards per game
    Carr - 242.5
    Gannon - 237.6
    Lamonica - 175.3
    Stabler - 146.8

QB Rating
    Gannon 91.2
    Carr - 90.7
    Stabler - 80.2
    Lamonica - 75.8

Here's the complete stats list of Raiders all time QB's. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...er-passing.htm

To me, Derek Carr is the best QB the Raiders have ever had, and when it's all said and done, his numbers won't be touched for a really long time if ever. Carr needs to have another Carr type year this season and he will be first in all major passing categories in Raiders history. Carr should pass the TD pass record by the 4th game of the season. Once he passes Stabler, every TD pass he will throw moving forward will break his own record. Every yard he throws moving forward will break his own club record right now moving forward.

With Carr just turning 29, he easily has another 10 plus years of playing professional football at a really high level. You also factor in all the 4t quarter comebacks and where Carr ranks in league history after his first 6 seasons in the league numbers wise , Carr is well on his way to being considered one of the best of all time when it's all said and done!

With all the great 4th quarter comebacks - https://www.raidersbeat.com/clutch-q...mong-the-best/

And the theory debunked that all Carr ever throws are check downs - https://twitter.com/PFF_Raiders/stat...7904194347008?
    ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm %5E1134897904194347008&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.n bcsports.com%2Fbayarea%2Fraiders%2Fraiders-derek-carr-rated-pro-football-focus-best-deep-ball-passer

As well as Carr playing through injuries, to his character being one of the best in the league, it's honestly time for the haters to stop talking.
    It honestly makes you look bad, and makes you look like you don't know the game of football.

The bottom line is get Carr a good defense, grab him another weapon or two, and give us a fair shake with the officials, and we more than have enough QB to go win us Super Bowls!

To all the good Raiders fans who believe in Carr, keep doing what you are doing and support our great QB! To the haters, if what I just wrote doesn't change your stance on Carr, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess winning the Super Bowl might be the only thing that will sway the opinions of those who hate and don't believe in Carr. But I have a suspicion even then it wouldn't matter.

At this point, I think the entire board knows where we all stand with Derek Carr. But it's honestly getting tiresome reading day in and day out, some members here just trashing DC every chance they get with childish name calling and hateful unfounded remarks.

I propose that what ever side of the fence you are on, let the Carr debate go. Just respect him as a man and give it a rest. Being constantly hateful and negative on this board is honestly not good for anyone.

All any of us can do is see what happens and how this all shakes out. I've read every scenario over the last two years on how Carr will be replaced. And to my knowledge, not one person proposed the solution with replacing Derek Carr with Marcus Mariota on an incentive laden short term deal before the signing took place.

Those who said we were going after Brady didn't do their homework. Or Cam Newton or anyone else for that matter. The last glimmer of hope is to draft a QB to replace Carr this year, with several QB's coming out being highly thought of, with many mock drafts suggesting we go this route. If Chucky and MM want to move up to get a QB, they certainly have the assets to do it. But when they don't, there will be no more grasping at straws to find a Carr replacement. Because there won't be any straws left.

Again, let's all give the Carr debate a rest and refrain from the childish name calling and bashing. We are coming up on just over three weeks away from the draft, which should give us all some very compelling topics to discuss regarding Raiders football!

Be good, have a great day, and I wish you all good health!

Go Raiders!
    Last edited by F.I.B. Savior; 03-29-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    I propose that what ever side of the fence you are on, let the Carr debate go.
    Proposal not accepted.

Carrbage is a mediocre pussy.

Have a nice day.

It's this necessary. Every single thread turns into this stupid debate. How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

When he plays like something other than a piece of shit in KC and grows some balls while he's there......then I will accept your proposal. BROTHER

Carr

It seems the Derek Carr debate won't go away. But at the end of the day, the stats don't lie. Many of the haters will quickly point to Carr's career 39-55 win/loss record as reason enough to discredit Carr as being a great QB. But anyone who really knows the game of football, knows this is the ultimate team sport, with 11 men on offense, 11 men on defense, with kickers and coaching staffs also being big factors in wins and losses as well.

At this point we all know there is a bias against the Raiders in terms of officiating, therefore in theory, making it harder for the Raiders to get wins.

https://silverandblacktoday.com/2020...iders-is-real/

With football again being the ultimate team sport, having a great defense or even a pretty good defense will help you earn wins. Bad defenses which has pretty much been the theme other than Carr's MVP caliber season in 2016 (Only then they were ranked 22nd but the did take the ball away finishing the season +16 in turnover ratio). We've all heard the term used 'Defense wins championships' since as long as we can remember. Until the Raiders get a great defense, we are unfortunately going to be in the same boat as we've been before.

The good news is since Chucky and MM took over, building a championship winning defense has been a huge priority. We saw it in the draft last year, we've seen it FA this year, and we will see the finishing touches put on the building of this defense in 3 1/2 weeks in the 2020 NFL draft!

When Trent Dilfer, Payton Manning with the Broncos, and Tom Brady with the Pats vs the Rams in 2018, win Super Bowls with the level of play they played at those seasons, it again shows you that indeed defense wins championships. Great QB play with great defenses, earns you Super Bowl championships in dominating fashion! We've got the QB part of it taken care of, now comes the defense part of it.

Now back to the numbers. Let's look at where Carr ranks in Raiders history in a number of major categories.

Yards
    Carr - 22,793
    Stabler - 19,073
    Gannon -17,585

Touchdowns
    Stabler - 150
    Lamonica - 148
    Carr - 143

Completion %
    Carr - 64%
    Gannon - 62.6%
    Stabler 59.9%

INT's
    Stabler - 143
    Lamonica - 115
    Carr - 62 (several other Raiders QB's have more than Carr at this point)

Yards per game
    Carr - 242.5
    Gannon - 237.6
    Lamonica - 175.3
    Stabler - 146.8

QB Rating
    Gannon 91.2
    Carr - 90.7
    Stabler - 80.2
    Lamonica - 75.8

Here's the complete stats list of Raiders all time QB's. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...er-passing.htm

To me, Derek Carr is the best QB the Raiders have ever had, and when it's all said and done, his numbers won't be touched for a really long time if ever. Carr needs to have another Carr type year this season and he will be first in all major passing categories in Raiders history. Carr should pass the TD pass record by the 4th game of the season. Once he passes Stabler, every TD pass he will throw moving forward will break his own record. Every yard he throws moving forward will break his own club record right now moving forward.

With Carr just turning 29, he easily has another 10 plus years of playing professional football at a really high level. You also factor in all the 4t quarter comebacks and where Carr ranks in league history after his first 6 seasons in the league numbers wise , Carr is well on his way to being considered one of the best of all time when it's all said and done!

With all the great 4th quarter comebacks - https://www.raidersbeat.com/clutch-q...mong-the-best/

And the theory debunked that all Carr ever throws are check downs - https://twitter.com/PFF_Raiders/stat...7904194347008?
    ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm %5E1134897904194347008&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.n bcsports.com%2Fbayarea%2Fraiders%2Fraiders-derek-carr-rated-pro-football-focus-best-deep-ball-passer

As well as Carr playing through injuries, to his character being one of the best in the league, it's honestly time for the haters to stop talking.
    It honestly makes you look bad, and makes you look like you don't know the game of football.

The bottom line is get Carr a good defense, grab him another weapon or two, and give us a fair shake with the officials, and we more than have enough QB to go win us Super Bowls!

To all the good Raiders fans who believe in Carr, keep doing what you are doing and support our great QB! To the haters, if what I just wrote doesn't change your stance on Carr, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess winning the Super Bowl might be the only thing that will sway the opinions of those who hate and don't believe in Carr. But I have a suspicion even then it wouldn't matter.

At this point, I think the entire board knows where we all stand with Derek Carr. But it's honestly getting tiresome reading day in and day out, some members here just trashing DC every chance they get with childish name calling and hateful unfounded remarks.

I propose that what ever side of the fence you are on, let the Carr debate go. Just respect him as a man and give it a rest. Being constantly hateful and negative on this board is honestly not good for anyone.

All any of us can do is see what happens and how this all shakes out. I've read every scenario over the last two years on how Carr will be replaced. And to my knowledge, not one person proposed the solution with replacing Derek Carr with Marcus Mariota on an incentive laden short term deal before the signing took place.

Those who said we were going after Brady didn't do their homework. Or Cam Newton or anyone else for that matter. The last glimmer of hope is to draft a QB to replace Carr this year, with several QB's coming out being highly thought of, with many mock drafts suggesting we go this route. If Chucky and MM want to move up to get a QB, they certainly have the assets to do it. But when they don't, there will be no more grasping at straws to find a Carr replacement. Because there won't be any straws left.

Again, let's all give the Carr debate a rest and refrain from the childish name calling and bashing. We are coming up on just over three weeks away from the draft, which should give us all some very compelling topics to discuss regarding Raiders football!

Be good, have a great day, and I wish you all good health!

Go Raiders!
    Apples vs. oranges

Carr is playing in an era of flag football. Stabler played in an era when receivers and QBs were hit harder and more often.

Stabler having a 66% completion percentage during that era would compare to an 80% completion percentage now. Stabler throwing for 250 yards in a game then would equate to a 400 yard game now.

Carr holds a lot of records. But the statistics he is putting up today are average at best, be,ow average in terms of winning.

There are two Carr statistics that stand out to me: His winning percentage and record when our defense holds the other team below 20 points in a game.

Carr is not a winning QB and does not elevate the play of those around him. For anyone who thinks Carr has been unsuccessful because of defense, the second stat disproves this. He wins fewer times than nearly any other QB — even when our defense plays well.

Carr is not a winning QB.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Apples vs. oranges

Carr is playing in an era of flag football. Stabler played in an era when receivers and QBs were hit harder and more often.

Stabler having a 66% completion percentage during that era would compare to an 80% completion percentage now. Stabler throwing for 250 yards in a game then would equate to a 400 yard game now.

Carr holds a lot of records. But the statistics he is putting up today are average at best, be,ow average in terms of winning.

There are two Carr statistics that stand out to me: His winning percentage and record when our defense holds the other team below 20 points in a game.

Carr is not a winning QB and does not elevate the play of those around him. For anyone who thinks Carr has been unsuccessful because of defense, the second stat disproves this. He wins fewer times than nearly any other QB — even when our defense plays well.

You were going so well until the end. Exactly correct you cannot compare era's. Then you go and faceplant. Who is Carr going to elevate. The 7/8 receivers that started games the past 3 years that re no longer in the NFL. How about the pro bowl lineman? The lineman that made pro bowl after coming to the Raiders. Like Hudson, never made one. Under center for carr, pro bowl. How about Jarrod cook, never made a pro bowl. Comes to the Raiders 1st pro bowl. And he played with Aaron Rodgers. How about Darren Waller, wasn't shot before he came to the Raiders. Now he's one of the best Tight end's in football. What about Michael Crabtree? Left for dead after the niners, his career was over. Signed with the Raiders and resurrects his career. Amari Cooper. One of three rookie 1st round receivers to ever go over 1000 yards in his rookie year. Yet in you opinion, he elevates nobody's play.

Apples vs. oranges

Ya cuz the Raiders hold the other team under 20 pts ALLL the time gtfoh

Thanks, you just made my point

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    You were going so well until the end. Exactly correct you cannot compare era's. Then you go and faceplant. Who is Carr going to elevate. The 7/8 receivers that started games the past 3 years that re no longer in the NFL. How about the pro bowl lineman? The lineman that made pro bowl after coming to the Raiders. Like Hudson, never made one. Under center for carr, pro bowl. How about Jarrod cook, never made a pro bowl. Comes to the Raiders 1st pro bowl. And he played with Aaron Rodgers. How about Darren Waller, wasn't shot before he came to the Raiders. Now he's one of the best Tight end's in football. What about Michael Crabtree? Left for dead after the niners, his career was over. Signed with the Raiders and resurrects his career. Amari Cooper. One of three rookie 1st round receivers to ever go over 1000 yards in his rookie year. Yet in you opinion, he elevates nobody's play.
    Remember when the Raiders played the Packers last year? Aaron Rodgers' best receiver, Davante Adams, did not play.

The Packers won, 42-24, with Rodgers going 25 of 31 for 429 yards and 5 TDs. He threw TD passes to 5 different players.

Derek Carr completed 22 of 29 for 293 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT. Rodgers threw three more passes for 136 more yards and 3 more TDs, with a mediocre receiving corp. While Carr dinked and dunked, Rodgers came up big, as he typically does, leading his team to victory.

At that point in the season, the Packers were 6-1, then went 7-2 the rest of the way for a 13-3 record.

The Raiders were 3-3 at that point, finishing 4-6 the rest of the way for a 7-9 record, even though we had the easiest part of our schedule at the END of the season.

We had a brutal start of the season and overcame, then choked down the stretch to NOT make the playoffs. When we weren't expected to win, we did fairly well, but when we HAD to win to get the playoffs, Carr choked, going many games without scoring a single point in the third quarter.

No, it is not all on Carr, but he's the quarterback of the team, literally and figuratively.

It is time to move on from Derek Carr.

He does this every single year, with the exception of 2016.

Look at the KC games.

In the first game, we jumped out to a 10-0 lead. Carr finishes the game 23 of 38 for 198 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

In the second game, we are 6-5 going into the game, while KC is 7-4. We are one game behind the Chiefs in the hunt for the division crown. This time we lose 40-9.

Carr finishes the game 20-32 for 222 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. Most of those yards came in the last quarter.

Two games against our "measuring stick," and Carr goes 43 of 70 for a whopping 420 yards -- in TWO GAMES. In those two games, instead of elevating his play, he throws 2 TDs against 4 INTs.

This is our "clutch" QB, the QB that so many believes is the "answer."

I see this year after year, except in 2016 when Carr was magic. When we have a big game, he folds.

Remember when the Raiders played the Packers last year? Aaron Rodgers' best receiver, Davante Adams, did not play.

The Packers won, 42-24, with Rodgers going 25 of 31 for 429 yards and 5 TDs. He threw TD passes to 5 different players.

Derek Carr completed 22 of 29 for 293 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT. Rodgers threw three more passes for 136 more yards and 3 more TDs, with a mediocre receiving corp. While Carr dinked and dunked, Rodgers came up big, as he typically does, leading his team to victory.

At that point in the season, the Packers were 6-1, then went 7-2 the rest of the way for a 13-3 record.

The Raiders were 3-3 at that point, finishing 4-6 the rest of the way for a 7-9 record, even though we had the easiest part of our schedule at the END of the season.

We had a brutal start of the season and overcame, then choked down the stretch to NOT make the playoffs. When we weren't expected to win, we did fairly well, but when we HAD to win to get the playoffs, Carr choked, going many games without scoring a single point in the third quarter.

No, it is not all on Carr, but he's the quarterback of the team, literally and figuratively.

It is time to move on from Derek Carr.

He does this every single year, with the exception of 2016.

Look at the KC games.

In the first game, we jumped out to a 10-0 lead. Carr finishes the game 23 of 38 for 198 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

In the second game, we are 6-5 going into the game, while KC is 7-4. We are one game behind the Chiefs in the hunt for the division crown. This time we lose 40-9.

Carr finishes the game 20-32 for 222 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. Most of those yards came in the last quarter.

Two games against our "measuring stick," and Carr goes 43 of 70 for a whopping 420 yards -- in TWO GAMES. In those two games, instead of elevating his play, he throws 2 TDs against 4 INTs.

This is our "clutch" QB, the QB that so many believes is the "answer."

I see this year after year, except in 2016 when Carr was magic. When we have a big game, he folds.
    You do realize that Aaron Rodgers was PLAYING THE RAIDERS FUCKING DEFENSE. And that Green Bay scoeres touchdowns on 5 of the first 6 possessions. You also know the kansas city WON THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL. And that in the 2nd quarter Kansas City scored 28 points on four possessions. In the three games you mention the defsne gave up 110 points. If Carr throws 8 more touchdowns we still lose all three fucking games.
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-29-2020 at 07:54 AM.

To me, Derek Carr is the best QB the Raiders have ever had.....

......Carr is well on his way to being considered one of the best of all time when it's all said and done!......

.....I've read every scenario over the last two years on how Carr will be replaced. And to my knowledge, not one person proposed the solution with replacing Derek Carr with Marcus Mariota on an incentive laden short term deal before the signing took place....
    What kind of delusional fool posts such nonsense ?
    Carrbage is the best QB the Raiders have ever had ??
    Carrbage is well on the way to being one of the best QBs of all time ???

As for no one suggesting bringing in Mariota, I did it many times.

And this guy has the audacity to say if you call Carrbage out.....
    "It honestly makes you look bad, and makes you look like you don't know the game of football."

LMAO !

I'm still waiting for the Carrbage apologists to explain how our shitty defense makes Carrbage play like a PUSSY.

Ain't no one making Carrbage constantly turf the ball on 3rd and even 4th down.

That's all on Pussyboy.

Ain't no one making Carrbage slide down 10 yards too early.

That's 100% on Pussyboy.

Ain't no one making Carrbage checkdown on a Hail Mary.

That's 100% on Pussyboy.

Ain't no one making Carrbage have the lowest intended air yards or lowest distance his passes travel, year after year.

That's 100% on Pussyboy.

Ain't no one making Carrbage turtle whenever a defender is in the same zip code.

That's 100% on Pussyboy.

You're full of shit if you deny seeing this crap from Carrbage over and over again.

Pardon me for not getting excited over Carrbage being able to win a SB with the 85 Bear defense. You're going to have to give me a better reason for continuing on with Carrbage.

The truth is Carrbage is a mediocre PUSSY not worthy of wearing the Silver & Black.

#On planet FIB, Carrbage gets an A+++++
    #Here on planet Earth, he's a mediocre pussy.