Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your best DRAFT now- PICK THEM and see how you faired!

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    ok,ill play we trade pick 12 and a 3rd to move up to pick 8 and grab jeffrey okudah,we then trade derek carr to new england for pick 23 and at pick 19 we take love,pick 23 we take denzel mims
    Disaster. Love is terrible. He's Josh Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Darn it. I wanted an immediate grade.

Of course, you're absolutely correct that it'll take a few years to know. And you're also right that it's impossible to grade the trade up to #4, no matter who we pick in that slot, without knowing what we gave up to get there.

I'm also very concerned about Tua's injury history. The left handed factor doesn't concern me at all. In fact, I think it can be advantageous. Don't think the reverse spin plays into the equation much, if at all. Tua throws a very catchable ball. Oh, did I mention I'm a lefty too ?

Shit, even if Tua turns out to be a bust, I'm giving the Raiders and myself an FIB A++++ grade just for putting an end to the Pussyboy era.
    Haha.. I'm a lefty too bro.. and played QB through pop Warner and then freshman year of HS. Also played safety up till sophomore year and just ended up bulking up and playing OLB. Defense ended up being my passion. Yeah weird transition. Anyways, sorry didnt give clear cut answer. I for some reason dont see Tua being as good as some project. Hard worker and all.. just weird seeing that left delivery eventhough I am lefty. Feels right doing it but seeing it in NFL with all rights just looks weird. I'm probably wrong. But that's the way I see it right now. Mental block I'm sure

The lefty QB does look weird at first. Mainly because it's unusual. After awhile, you don't really notice it. Didn't hurt Stabler.

Does change some things on the field. QB's 'blind side' is now on the right. Roll out plays more likely moving to the left. Nothing drastic, but some subtle differences.

My concerns about Tua would be his injury history and it would be nice if he was just a little taller.

If not for the hip and Burrow's unreal year, TT probably goes #1 overall.

Still think there's a good chance we see a repeat of the Goff/Wentz scenario from a few years ago with the two best QBs going 1,2 overall.

Don't see Tua falling below #5. We might be able to get him at #4. If not, I'm ecstatic with Simmons.

Of course, if we wind up with Simmons, that probably delays finding Pussyboy's successor for another year, which is not good.

Who knows though ? Maybe Gruden can salvage Mariota. MM does have some Gannon like intangibles.

No matter what, the QB question is the elephant in the room and will remain so - until we finally settle the game's most important position. We haven't had the luxury of going into a season with a top notch QB for far too long. I think people are going to be surprised how easily the rest of the pieces fall into place once we secure a franchise QB to build around. Moving on from Carrbage is an essential first step in that direction.

My predictions:

12- Cee Dee Lamb or Juedy
    19-Murry or Queen

If we did any kind of tradeup it would be for Simmons.

If we did a trade down and grabbed a #2 then:

19- Murry or Queen

Say C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida in mid 20s

And with the #2 pick Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson or K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State I have a feeling about this kid from Penn State. and one outlier is QB Eason from Washington.
    Last edited by rabidraider; 03-29-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    My predictions:

12- Cee Dee Lamb or Juedy
    19-Murry or Queen

If we did any kind of tradeup it would be for Simmons.

If we did a trade down and grabbed a #2 then:

19- Murry or Queen

Say C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida in mid 20s

And with the #2 pick Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson or K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State I have a feeling about this kid from Penn State. and one outlier is QB Eason from Washington.
    I like Henderson but he's similar to Greedy Williams, last year. Very good cover corners, who don't like to tackle. Don't think he's mayocks type. He passed on Greedy last year. I would not be upset if we drafted Henderson, Diggs or Fulton in the first. Corners are tougher to find in the 3rd then off ball linebackers. And if we draft a corner he doesn't have to get thrown to the wolves early. We signed apple and we can bring the corner along slowly like we did with Mullen last year. When he's ready to start, apple becomes a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I like Henderson but he's similar to Greedy Williams, last year. Very good cover corners, who don't like to tackle. Don't think he's mayocks type. He passed on Greedy last year. I would not be upset if we drafted Henderson, Diggs or Fulton in the first. Corners are tougher to find in the 3rd then off ball linebackers. And if we draft a corner he doesn't have to get thrown to the wolves early. We signed apple and we can bring the corner along slowly like we did with Mullen last year. When he's ready to start, apple becomes a backup.
    sign prince amukamara and you can take a flier on a cb late

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    sign prince amukamara and you can take a flier on a cb late
    Still need a long term answer at corner. You never have enough corners and wouldn't mind taking one late, maybe someone like Levonta Taylor. Who is on the small side and could possibly play the slot after we cut Joyner next year.

I used to be a first class passenger aboard the "Trade Up for Simmons Express". Now I'm somewhere in coach sitting by the door.
    With the offseason activities being shortened/condensed, it may be safer to stick with our 2 firsts. We all missed Abrams last year, now imagine if he was our only first rounder. If we were to trade up for Simmons and he got hurt and had to miss an extended period of time, it would take some wind out of our sails. Sticking with our two first gives us some insurance against that so to speak.

#12 - Cee Dee Lamb
    #19 - Grant Delpit or Murray if he can play SLB
    2nd round trade for Gabe Jackson - AJ Terrel CB, Clemson
    3rd round - Chase Claypool WR, Notre Dame or BPA at WR (speed + returner ability)
    #121 - AJ Dillon RB, Boston College

All picks after that, BPA for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    I used to be a first class passenger aboard the "Trade Up for Simmons Express". Now I'm somewhere in coach sitting by the door.
    With the offseason activities being shortened/condensed, it may be safer to stick with our 2 firsts. We all missed Abrams last year, now imagine if he was our only first rounder. If we were to trade up for Simmons and he got hurt and had to miss an extended period of time, it would take some wind out of our sails. Sticking with our two first gives us some insurance against that so to speak.

#12 - Cee Dee Lamb
    #19 - Grant Delpit or Murray if he can play SLB
    2nd round trade for Gabe Jackson - AJ Terrel CB, Clemson
    3rd round - Chase Claypool WR, Notre Dame or BPA at WR (speed + returner ability)
    #121 - AJ Dillon RB, Boston College

All picks after that, BPA for depth.
    What makes you think Simmons is getting injured ? I could look at your proposed draft and say what if Lamb gets injured ?

The actual question to ask is would you rather have CDL and Delpit or Simmons (plus whatever else we might have to give up to get him).

I'd rather roll with Simmons and draft a WR/S/CB/RB whatever later in the draft. I think Simmons makes a bigger impact than CDL and Delpit.

That being said, I can understand where you're coming from. Kind of a quantity or quality dilemma. The quantity seems to offer insurance. I don't have a problem with that. Just that I think in the long run we're better off with Simmons.

I'm going to be happy as long as Mayock hits on his picks.