Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst of Carr 2019

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Who said we have abetter o line? You. You complain about Carr checking down and not throwing deep. Do you think that has anything to do with the low sack numbers? When you hang onto the ball longer, the more sacks you take. It doesn't mean the offensive line is better.
    Our offensive line is better than theirs. We have the best center in the league (top 3 if you want to argue semantics), a top LG in the league, and a top RT in the league. Do the Titans have this type of quality? Their LT is good and they have a good guard. Show me something on their line.
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Still making those excuses for Carr. Trying to say Tannehill wanted to run? Really? Jacobs had a fine year even with all of those injuries to our offensive line. We'd be a lot better if Carr wasn't afraid to scramble out of the pocket but whenever he does the results are disastrous. He's a ticking time bomb mentally because he doesn't have it between the ears. How many QBs have fumbled near the end zone which resulted in touchbacks for the other team? Carr has done that twice in his career. He's mentally fragile.
    Really? Because while researching to post those videos above, I found a lot of "best of" Carr plays where its a result of his scrambling and extending plays. Opinions are one thing, facts, backed up by video evidence, are another

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan43 View Post
    Really? Because while researching to post those videos above, I found a lot of "best of" Carr plays where its a result of his scrambling and extending plays. Opinions are one thing, facts, backed up by video evidence, are another
    He hasn't had above 30 rushing attempts since 2016. He's had 11 fumbles in the past 3 seasons.

Mahomes has had above 30 both years and had over 40 this year. Tannehill had over 30 this year and he played 4 less games. These guys aren't afraid to scramble when necessary. Carr's effectiveness isn't there and as an athlete he's on par with Mahomes at least (he may even be better) just not throwing wise.

Calling highlights video evidence is not genuine and still skews reality. You need video evidence combined with stats plus watching the games.
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

He hasn't had above 30 rushing attempts since 2016. He's had 11 fumbles in the past 3 seasons.

Mahomes has had above 30 both years and had over 40 this year. Tannehill had over 30 this year and he played 4 less games. These guys aren't afraid to scramble when necessary. Carr's effectiveness isn't there and as an athlete he's on par with Mahomes at least (he may even be better) just not throwing wise.

Calling highlights video evidence is not genuine and still skews reality. You need video evidence combined with stats plus watching the games.
    so now we are 'moving the goal posts'? You said wed be better if Carr wasn't afraid to scramble out of the pocket, and now your complaint is he doesn't have enough rushing attempts? I get that some people don't like Carr, but if youre trying to give reasons, at least be consistent. Scrambling and rushing attempts are 2 different things. Its entertaining watching the convolutions people go through trying to justify their hatred of our QB. "highlights don't count!" "look at this video of him doing something bad!" "His rushing stats are bad" - "High completion percentage stats are meaningless, because he just throws short!" make up your minds, either video counts or it doesn't, and stats either count or they don't.

Our offensive line is better than theirs. We have the best center in the league (top 3 if you want to argue semantics), a top LG in the league, and a top RT in the league. Do the Titans have this type of quality? Their LT is good and they have a good guard. Show me something on their line.
    Why is he the best center in the league? He made ZERO pro bowls before he got to the Raiders. Explain to me how his game changed from Kansas City to Oakland. Was he good two years ago when the line gave up 50+ sacks? Since you are an expert on offensive lines. Explain his blocking assignments and why he's one of the best centers in the league. Who are the top 5 centers that's he's competing against for your "title" of best center in the league. And what separates them. He isn't better than Jason Kelse. I'll wait.

so now we are 'moving the goal posts'? You said wed be better if Carr wasn't afraid to scramble out of the pocket, and now your complaint is he doesn't have enough rushing attempts? I get that some people don't like Carr, but if youre trying to give reasons, at least be consistent. Scrambling and rushing attempts are 2 different things. Its entertaining watching the convolutions people go through trying to justify their hatred of our QB. "highlights don't count!" "look at this video of him doing something bad!" "His rushing stats are bad" - "High completion percentage stats are meaningless, because he just throws short!" make up your minds, either video counts or it doesn't, and stats either count or they don't.
    I enjoy how everyone says he sucks yet wants to compare him to Mahomes,the best QB in the league. So every QB that they want should then be set to the Mahomes standard. If they are not better then Mahomes, they need to be traded, benched or released. It would be only fair. Well the rookie didn't throw for 50 touchdowns like Mahomes, he sucks. Every player in baseball sucks because they aren't;t Mike Trout and every basketball player should quit and team disband because they aren't Lebron James.

Tired of all the excuses

Why is he the best center in the league? He made ZERO pro bowls before he got to the Raiders. Explain to me how his game changed from Kansas City to Oakland. Was he good two years ago when the line gave up 50+ sacks? Since you are an expert on offensive lines. Explain his blocking assignments and why he's one of the best centers in the league. Who are the top 5 centers that's he's competing against for your "title" of best center in the league. And what separates them. He isn't better than Jason Kelse. I'll wait.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

I hate to say it, but the bottom line is that Carr just isn't a winner. He played lights out one year, 2016, got injured and hasn't been the same. In his second year in the Gruden system, he went from 4-12 to 7-9. That's an improvement, but what will it take for people to see that Carr just isn't the answer. Great players ELEVATE the play of those around him. There is not a single person on this board who doesn't think that Carr needs a STELLAR supporting cast to be a consistent winner.

He needs a great offensive line to protect him, because he simply can't improvise and extend plays by using his feet.

He needs a great group of WRs because if they aren't wide open in two seconds, he won't find them.

He needs a great defense to create easy scoring opportunities for him.

The bottom line is that he's just not a winner. He's an average NFL QB playing in a very QB-friendly system.

I have a Carr jersey in my closet. I want him to be our franchise QB for the next decade, but he is never going to be GREAT. Unless we surround him with the best supporting cast in the NFL, he will never take us to a Super Bowl. Likely, we won't even win a division title for the next decade unless Mahomes gets hurt or the Chiefs can't sign him to a long-term deal.

Face reality, folks. Carr is not the answer.

If anything, Mariota is the anti-Carr. He doesn't have Carr's arm, but what he does have is the ability to extend plays. Whether or not he's the starter, will be up to how he competes against Carr.

I like Derek Carr as a person. He's a good guy, a good teammate, father and husband, but he's not a great QB.

He holds most of the Raiders' all-time passing records because he's playing at a time when passing is prevalent and WRs can hardly be touched. He could not even hold Ken Stabler's jockstrap -- the difference between the two is that GREAT.

Carr is happy with losing. Just once, I'd like to see him get angry on the field, get angry with himself and get angry with losing. His make up does not allow this, which is yet another reason why he's not the answer.

If you still think Carr is the answer, ask yourself this question: "When was the last time Carr was GREAT in a huge game we needed to win?"

I can't think of one either.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 03-27-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Wow. You don't really believe Carrbage is doing a good job of scrambling or extending plays....do you ?

He's got terrible pocket presence, rarely uses his legs, and can't get the ball out of his widdle hands quick enough to avoid getting hit.

Pussyboy has taken like 3500 snaps and you won't be able to find more than a handful of plays where he scrambles or extends plays.

I've posted links to libraries of videos of him folding like a cheap tent.

Mark my words Raiderfan43, adding stud WRs to the offense will only marginally improve things. Still going to be quick draw McGraw Carrbage. He'll have his 70% completion rate, but we'll still be bottom half in points scored. Even with a top notch OL, RB and TE.

We're never scoring points with DC at the helm.

He's a mediocre pussy.

Still making those excuses for Carr. Trying to say Tannehill wanted to run? Really? Jacobs had a fine year even with all of those injuries to our offensive line. We'd be a lot better if Carr wasn't afraid to scramble out of the pocket but whenever he does the results are disastrous. He's a ticking time bomb mentally because he doesn't have it between the ears. How many QBs have fumbled near the end zone which resulted in touchbacks for the other team? Carr has done that twice in his career. He's mentally fragile.
    Teams again wouldn't be ready 'to pounce' on Carr if he were made available via a trade if he was 'fragile'. You don't finish the year 1 of 6 QB's with a passer rating of over 100 because he 'doesn't have it between the ears'.

Summing a guys career up with a couple of bad plays is absolutely ludicrous. I'm being completely serious when I ask you, do you know how foolish you look in evaluating Derek Carr?

Have you ever played football? How old are you? What do you do for a profession? I am very curious to know as I'm trying to figure out your ineptitude in evaluating football in general.

Carr scrambling is disastrous? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzEVIm9JnYA

Let it go man!

Go Raiders!

He can definitely do a better job of it, but when he does, its more often than not successful. He uses quick passes because that's what the offense calls for. Why is he being raked over the coals for running the offense hes given? If he was improvising and running around looking for the long ball every play, Gruden would yank him. Im not trying to be a Carr apologist, but give the man some credit, hes a decent QB. Every team isn't going to have a HOF caliber QB every year. Weve got a good one, and until we can get a DEFINITIVE upgrade, Im rolling with what we have.