Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst of Carr 2019

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    It's funny how there are so many excuses for Carr, typically using his stats as "proof" that he's a great or above average QB.

But those same stats show:

He wins fewer games than even average QBs -- even when our defense plays well.

His high completion percentage is because his throws are so short -- compared to other QBs in the league.

He is the QB with the second most losses in his first six years in the league -- second only to his brother.

I've played a lot of football and other sports in my life. We all know players who scored points, but choked when the games meant something or the game was on the line. Carr is one of those players.

He puts up good stats against bad teams and then melts against bad teams -- until the other team is so far ahead that they play "prevent," then Carr pads his stats until they look halfway decent at the end of the day.

That's our Derek Carr. Sad, but true. I wish it weren't true, but it is.

I hope Mariota pulls a Tannehill on Carr and that Mariota is our Plunkett for the next six or seven years. Or, we use Mariota as a bridge to a QB we draft in the second or third round this year. (I know we don't have a second, but that doesn't mean we can't trade Carr or trade back in the first to get a second round pick.)
    Please stop with the wins and losses already. His rookie year the team was absolute dog shit and the 2018 team was equally as terrible. Not one team he was on was actually a playoff caliber team. Not one. Reggie Mckenzie didn't put a quality team on the field in any year he was the GM. Fact. I don't want to hear about how great a team 2016 was. It should of been a 5 or 6 win team. It won a lot of games on the last drive of the game. That isn't sustainable. And 2017 proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Are you high? I said he's afraid to scramble and then you questioned so I responded with stats and evidence of plays that have happened. I didn't even mention that scramble that broke his pinky and then the broken back scared him even more.

You disagree with me so I strengthen my stance with more substance and that is somehow moving the goalposts? JFC
    you said hes afraid to scramble. I showed you videos where he does, and does well. Your response was "he hasn't had over 30 RUSHING ATTEMPTS." Im sorry, since when is a scramble and a rushing attempt the same thing? If he scrambles every play, and doesn't cross the LOS, then its not a rushing attempt. Words have actual meanings, not just what you want them to mean

Now you're arguing semantics and nitpicking my word usage then claiming I'm moving the goalposts? Nah. Scrambling is a carry/rushing attempt in most cases because we don't typically call designed QB runs. He is not known as a mobile QB despite being one of the most athletic QBs in the entire league. I have no idea why you're arguing this hard against something you know to be true.
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

Has this one been brought up yet?

Only 4 QBs in NFL history had a season with passing rate above 100 and passes completed above 70%. (Min. 300 att)

1989 MVP Joe Montana

1994 MVP Steve Young

Drew Brees in 2009, 11, 17, 18, 19.

2019 Derek Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post

Only 4 QBs in NFL history had a season with passing rate above 100 and passes completed above 70%. (Min. 300 att)

1989 MVP Joe Montana

1994 MVP Steve Young

2019 Derek Carr
    Getting increasingly desperate.

Yep, he's another Montana, Young or Brees.

He's well on the way to being one of the greatest of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I have no idea .
    fixed it for ya

1989 MVP Joe Montana

1994 MVP Steve Young

2019 Derek Carr
    ROTFL!!!!!!! You are seriously putting Carr in the same breath with those HOF'ers?
    Fu#k The Rest

1989 MVP Joe Montana

1994 MVP Steve Young

2019 Derek Carr
    Look, I like DC, but Id take any of those over him. Hes a decent QB, not a great one

1989 MVP Joe Montana

1994 MVP Steve Young

2019 Derek Carr
    Thats some good company to be in right there. Im not saying Carr is on that level RIGHT NOW!.. But those QBs had a good OLine/RBs Plethora of AMAZING weapons on offense, HOFers to throw to. Good Defenses too (except for Brees the 09, 11, & I think 17 season. Bad D but still had GREAT weapons) Carr had a good Oline/RB & TE to throw to & made the club. Give him a #1 WR & a Defense and the skies the limit.
    Last edited by APROVO; 03-31-2020 at 04:53 AM.

A healthy Tyrell Williams will look like an ALL PRO with CeeDee Lamb on the other side