Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst of Carr 2019

Hey Doctor Raider. The Defense has been TRASH the day Derek Carr arrived and it still has been that way. I believe our Raiders Defense has been ranked in the BOTTOM 10 EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Some years bottom 5

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Numbers, when out in the proper context, do not lie.

Derek Carr is an average to below average QB playing in a very QB-friendly system that inflate his stats.

I am even more convinced he is not the answer.
    I honestly believe that in a 16 game season, Carr will give you 4 great games, 4 awful games, then 8 very average games. He will always give us a reason to think, "hey...this guy could definitely win us a Superbowl." Then he goes out the next week and throws for 85 yards, 2 picks, and scores us 3 points in the first half all while being blown out by Kansas City yet again and he gets benched after 2, 3 and outs in the 3rd quarter...

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Hey Doctor Raider. The Defense has been TRASH the day Derek Carr arrived and it still has been that way. I believe our Raiders Defense has been ranked in the BOTTOM 10 EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Some years bottom 5
    Just copy pasting again, since you probably didn't read these statistics (facts) that show Derek Carr is a .500 QB even when the defense plays well while other QB's are at .790. It's not my opinion, it's simply a matter of fact (don't shoot the messenger).

Last season, Watson carried the Texans to the playoffs despite the fact that he also had a poor defense to aid him and we had a better offensive line, RB, and TE. Russell Wilson had a poor defense at his back as well, and he played in a stronger division. He also didn't have much to work with on offense..yet they still made the playoffs and probably should have been in the NFC championship game rather than a lucky Green Bay squad.

BTW, how did that Mariota contract work out? I remember you laughed and said it was a joke (my projection/suggestion/estimate), and also went on to say his deal would be for 1 year $5 million guaranteed (I said we should offer him a 2 year $20 million deal, w/ $10 million guaranteed in year 1 +/- some change, with a team option for the 2nd year).

------------------------------------------------------------
    Raiders are tied for the most losses in the NFL the last 3 years when their defense has held the opponent to less than 20 points scored. We have won just 50% of those games (8-8) while the rest of the NFL has won 79% of games when they held their opponent to less than 20 points

Our defense over the years compared to the defense of teams which qualified for the playoffs

2019 -- 24th -- 419 points against
    2018 -- 32nd -- 467 points against
    2017 -- 20th -- 373 points against
    2016 -- 20th -- 385 points against
    2013 -- 29th -- 453 points against

Average rank: 25 -- Average points against: 419 -- Average record: 6-10

Despite having a better defense in 2017 vs 2016, our record plummeted from 12-4 to 6-10

These teams all made the playoffs with a poor defense which gave up plus/minus 400 points

Team -- Defense rank (ppg) -- Points scored against

2019 Seahawks -- 22nd -- 398
    2019 Texans -- 19th -- 385
    2018 Chiefs -- 24th -- 421
    2016 Falcons -- 27th -- 406
    2016 Packers -- 21st -- 388
    2013 Broncos -- 22nd -- 399
    2013 Packers -- 24th -- 428

Average rank: 23 -- Average points against: 403 -- Average record: 11-5

Difference in defense rank: 2
    Difference in points against: 16 (1 point per game)
    Difference in wins: minus 5

It goes beyond poor defense..
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 03-27-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    I honestly believe that in a 16 game season, Carr will give you 4 great games, 4 awful games, then 8 very average games. He will always give us a reason to think, "hey...this guy could definitely win us a Superbowl." Then he goes out the next week and throws for 85 yards, 2 picks, and scores us 3 points in the first half all while being blown out by Kansas City yet again and he gets benched after 2, 3 and outs in the 3rd quarter...
    His arm talent is what gives us all some level of false hope. I think he'd have much more success (not super bowl level success) if he played in a shotgun offense. He's just not comfortable under Center and he never has been, even dating back to his college years. Gruden's offense is almost exclusively run from under Center but I hope he adapts to Carr if he plans on keeping Carr around.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Just copy pasting again, since you probably didn't read these statistics (facts) that show Derek Carr is a .500 QB even when the defense plays well while other QB's are at .790. It's not my opinion, it's simply a matter of fact (don't shoot the messenger).

Last season, Watson carried the Texans to the playoffs despite the fact that he also had a poor defense to aid him and we had a better offensive line, RB, and TE. Russell Wilson had a poor defense at his back as well, and he played in a stronger division. He also didn't have much to work with on offense..yet they still made the playoffs and probably should have been in the NFC championship game rather than a lucky Green Bay squad.

BTW, how did that Mariota contract work out? I remember you laughed and said it was a joke (my projection/suggestion/estimate), and also went on to say his deal would be for 1 year $5 million guaranteed (I said we should offer him a 2 year $20 million deal, w/ $10 million guaranteed in year 1 +/- some change, with a team option for the 2nd year).

Raiders are tied for the most losses in the NFL the last 3 years when their defense has held the opponent to less than 20 points scored. We have won just 50% of those games (8-8) while the rest of the NFL has won 79% of games when they held their opponent to less than 20 points

Our defense over the years compared to the defense of teams which qualified for the playoffs

Despite having a better defense in 2017 vs 2016, our record plummeted from 12-4 to 6-10

These teams all made the playoffs with a poor defense which gave up plus/minus 400 points

Ill hand it to you. You were definitely spot on for that contract. But that AFC south is weak. Watson also had Hopkins. A true #1 legit top 5 WR in the NFL. Raiders always beat that division or run really close till the refs fuck over the game. Russel Wilson is a HOFer, same for Mahomes who has a stupid amount of weapons. Rodgers HOF with Devante Adams along with some nice complimentary weapons. Matt Ryan has the insane freak Julio Jones HOFer WR with some great pieces to go along with him. That bronco squad had PEYTON fucking MANNING. Your #s are Jaded

Carr is good. Not ELITE HOF Level. & not medicore or shitty. The Raiders can win the Superbowl with Carr. If Brad Johnson, Eli Manning and Trent Dilfer can get a ring...Then So can Derek Carr who is Head and Shoulders better than the 3 I mentioned

Question....so if you are playing the Raiders last year with a DECENT Defensive Coordinator guess what u did. Stacked the box, played 1 on 1 on the WRs...because we didnt have a deep threat and ZERO WR's on the roster that could get open against an NFL caliber CB. So you want DC to do what? Scramble around when we dont have the WR talent to get open? So what does he do all year...throw to his TE...but then they double the TE in the second half (NFL teams do make adjustments you know)...then what? They already have 10 guys in the box and we cant run on that all day...and if our D gives up a few scores, which they did all year long, then we are asking DC to be miracle man and Tom fucking Brady couldnt even do that with shitty WRs. Why not scramble around..take a few more sacks..throw under duress...maybe you can make things happen? Because that creates turnovers and great field position for the opponent who are already scoring on our defense. Its one thing to scramble around with cliff branch and Fred Biletnikoff on the team or Jerry Rice and Tim Brown but when you are hoping Marcell Ateman and Rico Gafford are gonna outplay the GB Packers who have TWO top 25 CB's in the league? Not gonna happen. Then toss in the fact that WR's we want to have the breakout game (Doss!!) have balls hit him in the chest and drop it....What is your QB supposed to do? Who is he supposed to throw to???? Yet he still put up top ten numbers with that receiving core.

I get it. People want a guy thats running for a first down and putting his body on the line and firing his team up. But why do that when you dont have a playoff team and you are in year 2 of a rebuild and your COACH says protect the football at all costs. Thats Gruden's deal. He doesnt go for it on 4th down. He doesnt gamble. Its solid conservative ball control football.

Why didnt Carr tear it up in the 2nd half? Gruden's plan was to RUN RUN RUN in the 2nd half. Do we expect Carr to override Gruden, and audible out of the called runs to throw more passes to JJ Nelson?

I look at Carr the last 2 seasons and its what I wanna see. A QB that is rarely throwing the pick, and then managing the game. He's not Favre or a gunslinger and thats fine. Give him the weapons deep and on the edges and the offense gets even harder to stop. You know who else has that on offense? Mahomes. He has deep threats, solid RB play, Great TE play. You cant stack the box on them, they will go deep on you. You cant play back the entire game they will tear you un in the middle and you cant drop back in nickel and dime packages because they will run and screen you to death. Because the have a complete offense its very hard to defend against them. Oh and when Mahomes scrambles...he is throwing it to Watckins, Hill, or Kelce...Mahomes only had 3 Pro Bowl targets to throw to....Carr...NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post

I've explained this at least 100 times. The 2016 team was second in turnovers. 2017 wasn't. When you have a shitty defense like the Raiders have every single year, if the defense can create turnovers you can have a winning season. When they don't create turnovers you will have a losing record. THe Raiders made the playoffs in 2016. No team besides the packers have done it twice. THe one packer team won the division at 8-7-1. 2013 Broncos and 2016 falcons went to the Super Bowl. 2018 Chiefs had Mahomes throw 50 touchdowns. And the 2016 Raider team was 12-2 with Carr as the QB. Better than every one of those teams records. All those teams did it once, except packers. Carr did it once as well. Matt Ryan i think had 2 or three more teams that gave up that many points and none of them went to the playoffs.
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-27-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Just saying he's a top 3 center doesn't make it true. Jerkoff. Stick to sucking cock...faggot
    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-25-...hrough-week-15
    Show end of season rankings and show the end of season rankings for the past 3-4 years, Little Jergins Bitch
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.

Ten and Oak's run blocking units neck and neck. Oak's pass blocking vastly superior to Tenn's:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...sive-line/2019

Top Centers:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...st-centers/10/

Hudson #2

Hudson 0 sacks allowed in 2019: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/rodney-hudson/6207

He has allowed 2 total sacks since 2015 season. "Hudson allowed just three pressures in 509 pass-blocking snaps in 2019, while Incognito allowed only nine pressures in 414 snaps. Out of those 12 combined pressures, only one was a sack and one was a quarterback hit — with the other 10 being hurries."
    Racists and homophobes are allowed here for some reason:

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fuck you. I'd Trayvon Martin your black ass !

Probably had a 'tude' and opened your mouth to the cop. Thought you were being racially profiled or some shit. Cop ain't putting a gun to your head for no reason. You did something. Guaranteed.
    You are a faggot. Not bullshit. 263 posts and not one comment that anyone would consider an intelligent thought.