Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mariota Set To Compete But Understands This Is Derek Carr Team

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Mariota Set To Compete But Understands This Is Derek Carr Team

Yup!
    Come in, improve as a QB under Gruden. Get some sub packages designed for him, and be a solid supportive backup to DC!

Just like the good guys said.

Wally Pip thought he was set at 1st base too.

Pussyboy is toast.

Gotta love a backup QB with no fight. Doesn't even want to compete for the job. Just rolls over and plays dead to get a paycheck. And this is the QB the Carr haters think is the answer to all the problems. Sounds like he doesn't even wants to play.

If Carr

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Wally Pip thought he was set at 1st base too.

Pussyboy is toast.
    Continues to not use his legs to extend plays, Mariota will be a starter sooner than you can say, "Derek Carr, you're benched!"

Mariota had to have been told that he will have a chance to compete for the starting job. Sure, he said "This is Derek's team," but he also said he joined the Raiders because of the stability of coaching (he hasn't had this) as well as the opportunity to get better and to use his skills.

I saw the other day that Derek Carr said he's going to up his game this coming season. He said this after Mariota was signed.

I guess he's just been coasting before, taking for granted his starting position?

mm is being a good team mate just like tanny was a good team mate but i expect if carr doesn't improve his game or struggles gruden will make a move

Carrbage is on a 1 year prove it deal....and he might not even make it to Vegas to get a chance to prove it.

I think Jon and Mike know what they have in Carrbage and are prepared to roll with Mariota. I think if an injury occurs, and/or the right trade offer is made, Carrbage is gone.

We're going to have to make some moves to improve our cap situation. What better way than to clear 16 million by trading Pussyboy ?

If we don't dump Derek Dumbass he's just going to wind up being a 20 million dollar clipboard holder.

I'm going to throw a party and celebrate like it's 1999 when Pussyboy finally gets the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Continues to not use his legs to extend plays, Mariota will be a starter sooner than you can say, "Derek Carr, you're benched!"

Mariota had to have been told that he will have a chance to compete for the starting job. Sure, he said "This is Derek's team," but he also said he joined the Raiders because of the stability of coaching (he hasn't had this) as well as the opportunity to get better and to use his skills.

I saw the other day that Derek Carr said he's going to up his game this coming season. He said this after Mariota was signed.

I guess he's just been coasting before, taking for granted his starting position?
    Because he doesn't run on every other play, Gruden is going to bench him. Laughable. Carr ran for 7 first downs. Brady ran 8 first downs, and they do a lot of 1 yard sneaks. Rodgers 9 first downs. Brees 2 first downs. Matt Ryan 10 first downs. Is every QB supposed to be Lamar Jackson now? Enough with the running for first downs. He's right in line with the rest of the league. The reason Carr has less they have fewer possessions then every other team in the league.
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-25-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Yeah, Carr is absolute beast when he runs?

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Because he doesn't run on every other play, Gruden is going to bench him. Laughable. Carr fan for 7 first downs. Brady ran 8 first downs, and they do a lot of 1 yard sneaks. Rodgers 9 first downs. Brees 2 first downs. Matt Ryan 10 first downs. Is every QB supposed to be Lamar Jackson now? Enough with the running for first downs. He's right in line with the rest of the league. The reason Carr has less they have fewer possessions then every other team in the league.
    Here's Mariota: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxQueU_b9_g

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Who cares? He ran so well they put his ass on the bench. They decided we want a QB who doesn't throw for 100 yards to man the ship. Raiders defense looked stout. Running on the Raiders defense is equivalent to striking out a blind kid.