Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tbis secondary sucks so far

Its hard for me to notice how bad the secondary is when the front 7 is so weak. Our DLine is my biggest concern. As we tend to cut players or let them walk and their replacement is even worse than they were. As crappy as Dan Williams was, is Justin Ellis better? Is Ward or Latham better than Stacy McGee. As unimpressed as I was with Pat Simms and Vance Walker did we really have someone better? No, No, No. I just hope than Vanderdoes is somehow a Pro Bowl caliber player, unfortunately I think he's probably nothing more than a backup caliber player. I was hoping we would at least sign Marks as he played well 2 years ago, but SF just signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJacksonRules View Post
    Its hard for me to notice how bad the secondary is when the front 7 is so weak. Our DLine is my biggest concern. As we tend to cut players or let them walk and their replacement is even worse than they were. As crappy as Dan Williams was, is Justin Ellis better? Is Ward or Latham better than Stacy McGee. As unimpressed as I was with Pat Simms and Vance Walker did we really have someone better? No, No, No. I just hope than Vanderdoes is somehow a Pro Bowl caliber player, unfortunately I think he's probably nothing more than a backup caliber player. I was hoping we would at least sign Marks as he played well 2 years ago, but SF just signed him.
    Dan Williams was fine in 2015, he put on weight and had conditioning issues starting 2016. I just scratch my head, you have an unguaranteed season in 2017, why get lazy, this is beyond team management, you assume these cats will take care of themselves in the offseason. Money wise it was bad to keep Dan Williams around, the cut made sense, irregardless of who you have behind him. The guy just didn't take care of himself during the offseason. I agree with not paying Stacy McGee 2 years 10 million. For 9 games, you congratulate him on the way out. The kid knew he was in a contract year, and worked his ass off last offseason, he was fine until he got hurt...but he wasn't 5 million per good. Reggie's counting on 2nd year players in Ward and Latham to match exceed what McGee/Williams did a year ago.....I kind of have my questions, given that Latham is not an NT. Can EVD play NT? We know that Edwards will move inside on pass downs, but counting on Ward/Latham's quickness/1 year of experience is a bit much....How good, EVD might be, could be the key to the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Dan Williams was fine in 2015, he put on weight and had conditioning issues starting 2016. I just scratch my head, you have an unguaranteed season in 2017, why get lazy, this is beyond team management, you assume these cats will take care of themselves in the offseason. Money wise it was bad to keep Dan Williams around, the cut made sense, irregardless of who you have behind him. The guy just didn't take care of himself during the offseason. I agree with not paying Stacy McGee 2 years 10 million. For 9 games, you congratulate him on the way out. The kid knew he was in a contract year, and worked his ass off last offseason, he was fine until he got hurt...but he wasn't 5 million per good. Reggie's counting on 2nd year players in Ward and Latham to match exceed what McGee/Williams did a year ago.....I kind of have my questions, given that Latham is not an NT. Can EVD play NT? We know that Edwards will move inside on pass downs, but counting on Ward/Latham's quickness/1 year of experience is a bit much....How good, EVD might be, could be the key to the entire season.
    Agreed. I'm hoping Vanderdoes is legit because if he's not it could be a long year. I actually drafted Karl Joseph in fantasy because I think he could lead the team in tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by NorcalRaiders View Post
    Agreed. I'm hoping Vanderdoes is legit because if he's not it could be a long year. I actually drafted Karl Joseph in fantasy because I think he could lead the team in tackles.
    Dang, tackles in fantasy league, I haven't played in years.....but man tackles....Joseph should see a lot of chances....he's the Kam Chancellor of our defense....only thing is we don't have the sideline to sideline LB's they have, plenty of chances. There's a lot of growth from a player's rookie campaign to their 2nd season, and I would bet Joseph will be a solid example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Dang, tackles in fantasy league, I haven't played in years.....but man tackles....Joseph should see a lot of chances....he's the Kam Chancellor of our defense....only thing is we don't have the sideline to sideline LB's they have, plenty of chances. There's a lot of growth from a player's rookie campaign to their 2nd season, and I would bet Joseph will be a solid example of that.
    Yup. Right now I can see guys slicing through the front 7 and Joseph saving the day.