Page 139 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1658

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #1381
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    You're still helping prop up the price of a Chinese company, and also helping their investors make a profit. Most of their investors are Chinese, not American. Also, although day trading is not a long term investment, day trading is nonetheless a form of investing, I'm pretty sure you're aware of that. You can put lipstick on a pig Bass, but at the end of the day it's still a pig. Nobody is perfect, but I think you ought to temper the blame game, finger-pointing sort of stuff if you're going to then turn around and invest (day trading included) in Chinese companies.
    daytrading and investing are 2 totally different beast,investing is med to long term and daytrading is not investing at all just taking advantage of ops for quick profits,as to my attack on communist china i will never be silenced on that subject

  2. #1382
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    daytrading and investing are 2 totally different beast,investing is med to long term and daytrading is not investing at all just taking advantage of ops for quick profits,as to my attack on communist china i will never be silenced on that subject
    Yes, some make the argument you proposed, however that only holds water by technicality. The definition of investment is as follows ..

    noun

    the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

    a particular instance or mode of investing.

    a thing invested in, as a business, a quantity of shares of stock, etc.

    something that is invested; sum invested.

    the act or fact of investing or state of being invested, as with a garment.


    Day trading = short term investment


    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/investment

    "Day trading and investing for the long term are both viable forms of securities trading, and many traders opt to do both. ... With day trading, all positions are opened and closed within the same day. Long-term investing, on the other hand, consists of making trades that stay open for months, and often years."

    "Day trading and long-term investing differ in terms of capital requirements, time commitments, skills and personality requirements, and potential returns. Both day trading and holding some long-term investments are important parts of a diversified investment strategy, although buying and holding investments offer a more passive form of income and wealth generation than the constant vigilance and work of day trading."

    https://www.thebalance.com/day-tradi...esting-4139868
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 05-28-2020 at 05:29 PM.

  3. #1383
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Yes, some make the argument you proposed, however that only holds water by technicality. The definition of investment is as follows ..

    noun

    the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

    a particular instance or mode of investing.

    a thing invested in, as a business, a quantity of shares of stock, etc.

    something that is invested; sum invested.

    the act or fact of investing or state of being invested, as with a garment.


    Day trading = short term investment


    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/investment

    "Day trading and investing for the long term are both viable forms of securities trading, and many traders opt to do both. ... With day trading, all positions are opened and closed within the same day. Long-term investing, on the other hand, consists of making trades that stay open for months, and often years."

    "Day trading and long-term investing differ in terms of capital requirements, time commitments, skills and personality requirements, and potential returns. Both day trading and holding some long-term investments are important parts of a diversified investment strategy, although buying and holding investments offer a more passive form of income and wealth generation than the constant vigilance and work of day trading."

    https://www.thebalance.com/day-tradi...esting-4139868
    im not here to argue over this matter,so my belief is daytrading is not investing but taking advantage of ops created by the market for quick profits,i pocketed 6k in a few hours and then invested the profits and other monies into bank stocks paying 7.5% interest and could double or more over the next 12 months (cma,cit,pbct)

  4. #1384
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    im not here to argue over this matter,so my belief is daytrading is not investing but taking advantage of ops created by the market for quick profits,i pocketed 6k in a few hours and then invested the profits and other monies into bank stocks paying 7.5% interest and could double or more over the next 12 months (cma,cit,pbct)
    $6k profit, well done Bass. What are you investing in next week? Apparently oil reserves are set to increase by 50 million barrels through the next 2 weeks or so. Hopefully the recent increase in demand offsets some of that influx.

  5. #1385
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    No 818 only has eyes for Carr.
    Don't worry about it, Rabid. I don't swing that way. Pussyboy is all yours.

    Was just presenting a possible investment opportunity to brother Bass.

    Not my problem if some limp wrists read anything more into it.

  6. #1386
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    $6k profit, well done Bass. What are you investing in next week? Apparently oil reserves are set to increase by 50 million barrels through the next 2 weeks or so. Hopefully the recent increase in demand offsets some of that influx.
    im gonna be shortly adding more oxy petroleum had a nice pullback today,company is trading at 14 and change with a book value of almost 58-60 dollars,this stock was in the high 40's prior to wuhan virus,guaranteed 100%-200% by eoy,also love wpx energy trading in the 5's

    ps keep an eye on iron mountain IRM wait for a small pullback before entering,it goes ex dividend in a few weeks and will be paying 62 cents div,stocks in the upper 20's currently paying 2.48 annually thats 9+ pct

  7. #1387
    Quote Originally Posted by RF4L View Post
    ahh shit , gay grinder hook up in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    No 818 only has eyes for Carr.
    Yeah, it was only a matter of time these two guys (818 and bass) start showing what's really going on between them on the boards.

  8. #1388
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Yeah, it was only a matter of time these two guys (818 and bass) start showing what's really going on between them on the boards.
    What are you, some kind of homophobe ????

    Hall Monitor, hoisted !!!!

  9. #1389
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    What are you, some kind of homophobe ????

    Hall Monitor, hoisted !!!!
    What you and Bass do behind the scenes is between you two. It doesn't affect me so I don't care.

  10. #1390
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    What you and Bass do behind the scenes is between you two. It doesn't affect me so I don't care.
    wow,dude post on the subject over n over then says he doesn't care ??? i think the hallway monitor has lead poisoning from licking his pencil and taking so many notes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •