Page 1 of 208 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Coronavirus

The NBA sent a memo telling its teams to prepare to play games without fans if necessary because of the coronavirus. The NHL and NCAA March Madness will likely do the same. If this persists, will we see empty NFL stadiums?

Possibly. I'm thinking the virus will become pretty wide spread before it abates. But it will abate. Eventually a vaccine will be available.

I also think that the deadliness of this virus is overblown. Is it really that much more severe than the ordinary 'flu' ?

Flu season comes and goes. The worst should be over by the summer, even though many more people will be infected by that time.

The world will not come to an end.

To answer your question, attendance at sporting events, concerts and NFL games will be impacted, but I doubt we're going to see NFL games cancelled or empty stadiums.

Besides, no one will notice the difference at a Charger game anyway.

The virus supposed to die off when
    warm weather hit....but could come
    back when it get cold again...
    Hopefully there will be a cure soon....
    At the moment everyone in the media
    is kinda panicking....

I hope in the long run it curves our dependence on China. Soon the stores will be running out of clothing, tools, and electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I hope in the long run it curves our dependence on China. Soon the stores will be running out of clothing, tools, and electronics.
    Good point. It's going to suck not having great Moo Goo Gai Pan and egg rolls, but we'll have suffer through that.

Seriously, there might be some short term disruptions to the supply chain for certain items, but we'll be OK.

In the long run, it could be beneficial.

Like PDJT says, I love those beautiful words 'MADE IN THE USA'.

My fortune cookie predicts we will have a 'happy ending'.

I wouldn't be surprised it kills 10% of all nursing home patients that get hit with the virus. It will also kill lots of over 60 year old patients with COPD. Glad I'm retiring from health care April 1st.

It’s the 5G guys....check the 5G roll out map and the countries that are being affected by coronavirus. They want us indoctrinate us to mandatory vaccines, city wide quarantines, and martial law. Sorry someone has to be the conspiracy theorist aka truth holder. I mean how come not one person has been identified by name in the US? Most of the time they’re vague about the info on location/details of each case, and they keep transporting these infected patients to cities where there is no one sick. Sorry I think this is all overblown just like Ebola/swine flu/SARS/Zika virus

Sooo anybody interested in N95 masks with valve?

Wash your hands and try not to touch your face.......kinda like all viruses. Nothing to see here folks. This is media driven

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Sooo anybody interested in N95 masks with valve?
    The so called surgical masks are disposable and built to last for a single surgery. The filtration has to be degraded on the ones people are wearing for days.