Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    it will all be anecdotal until a study that takes over 2 yrs to complete,can the world wait 2 yrs ??? how many people must die waiting those 2 yrs before its ok to use the therapy ??? even though a lot of doctors are already seeing much success using it as an off label treatment
    I agree try anything, especially those with little hope, but at the same time grabing hope from anecdotal info brings me little expectations. My degree is in science and I look at these things with those glasses. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    You have links to your statement?
    https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...ugs-1.43453088

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    We have four patients currently admitted (had zero 10 days ago). They’re all in negative pressure rooms which is protocol for any infectious disease which can be transmitted via respiratory droplets. None of them meet the criteria for antibiotic admin as they’re all under 60 y/o and relatively stable (supportive care only)

Here’s how treatment is determined:

Confirmed case or under investigation with no fever/no respiratory compromise - Supportive care only

Confirmed case or under investigation with fever & no respiratory compromise - Supportive care only

Confirmed case or under investigation with fever & respiratory compromise < 60 y/o - Supportive care and possible further treatment

In all three of the above scenarios, empiric antibiotics are NOT prescribed

Confirmed case or under investigation with fever & respiratory compromise > 60 y/o - lopinavir/ritonavir +\- ribavirin OR chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine +\- ribavirin .. antibiotic therapy is considered if pneumonia is suspected & oseltamivir for influenza until bacterial causes are ruled out
    I see, makes sense. If you are able to, can you post how these combo medications are working on the people that have respiratory complications? Thank you for all your tireless efforts through this ordeal, God Bless You!

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    I see, makes sense. If you are able to, can you post how these combo medications are working on the people that have respiratory complications? Thank you for all your tireless efforts through this ordeal, God Bless You!
    No need to thank me fam, although I do appreciate it. Since Monday I've worked close to 60 hours so I wasn't allowed to go in today per my usual schedule. On a personal note I'm much more grateful than I already was for the CNA's, EMT's, RN's, RT's and social workers we have on the front lines. So I'd much rather thank you after reading about your employment history and what you've given back to our community over the years. The world needs more people like yourself, so thanks again.

If we do end up writing rx's for antibiotics I'll def shoot you a message to fill you in on the prognosis. Hopefully it doesn't come to that..

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    No need to thank me fam, although I do appreciate it. Since Monday I've worked close to 60 hours so I wasn't allowed to go in today per my usual schedule. On a personal note I'm much more grateful than I already was for the CNA's, EMT's, RN's, RT's and social workers we have on the front lines. So I'd much rather thank you after reading about your employment history and what you've given back to our community over the years. The world needs more people like yourself, so thanks again.

If we do end up writing rx's for antibiotics I'll def shoot you a message to fill you in on the prognosis. Hopefully it doesn't come to that..
    The Medical field are True Hero's stay blessed..You are all in my payers TY!!!

Unfortunately we are asking our medial field to go to war with out weapons..would we ask our Military to do that...Think about that for a few minutes???

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    Unfortunately we are asking our medial field to go to war with out weapons..would we ask our Military to do that...Think about that for a few minutes???
    OK, I've thought about it.

We're NOT asking our medical field to go to war without weapons.

What might be happening is we're asking them to take the field of battle with a temporary shortage of supplies in an emergency situation.

We are not doing that intentionally. We are taking every measure possible to see that our troops are well equipped. Our dedicated and brave medical troops deserve nothing less. They have the full support of the American people and the CIC, President Trump. But that won't stop subversives from within, like yourself pfish, from needlessly bashing the CIC and undermining the war effort.

There will be casualties. We will lose civilians and troops. But in the end, America will be victorious. Count on that. In the meantime, try to man up and stop making false claims of 'no weapons'. That just makes you sound like a Carr supporter, which I know you're not. LOL.

Keep your chin up, Guppy.

TRUMP 2020

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    Bottom line is really is that nobody was prepared for this virus; so I really cannot fault world leaders for not being prepared; I do know that the germans have a very low death count; but that could more to do with a better health care system; and the germans know how to build....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Bottom line is really is that nobody was prepared for this virus; so I really cannot fault world leaders for not being prepared; I do know that the germans have a very low death count; but that could more to do with a better health care system; and the germans know how to build....
    much smaller country,much easier to manage,better health system naw,the problem in the U.S IS WE HAVE 50 SEPARATE COUNTRIES WITHIN ONE BIG COUNTRY,THAT MEANS 50 DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN CHARGE AND SOME OF EM ARE DUMMIES WITHOUT A CLUE,EVERY SINGLE STATE HAS IT OWN EMERGENCY SERVICE DEPT INCLUDING INFECTIOUS DISEASE THEIR SUPPOSED TO HAVE EMERGENCY SUPPLIES STOCKPILED BUT PLACES LIKE NEW YORK AND CALIFORNIA SPENT THAT MONEY ON OTHER PET PROJECTS LEAVING EM SHORT ON SUPPLIES LIKE VENTILATORS,MASK'S ECT ECT ON TOP OF THAT THESE STATES WERE LAX ON TRAVEL DUE TO BEING VACATION DESTINATIONS $$$ EVEN NOW THESE STATES FIGHT AGAINST THE FEDERAL RESPONSE ROUTINELY BEING CRITICAL OF THE FEDS AND DEFYING DIRECTIVES USING THEIR OWN EXPERTS OPINIONS,ANYBODY SEE NEW YORK CRYING FOR 40000 VENTILATORS CAUSE THEY NEED EM AND ARE SHORT WELL IN 2015-2016 CUOMO REFUSED TO SPEND MONEY TO BUY 16000 VENTILATORS DESPITE HAVING THE MONEY INSTEAD CHOOSING TO SPEND IT ON HIS OWN PET PROJECT,WELL CUOMO WAS EXPOSED THEY SHOW UNUSED VENTILATORS IN A WAREHOUSE THE OTHER DAY THOUSANDS OF EM,WHAT HE IS TRYING TO DO IS HAVE THE FEDS GIVE EM TO HIS STATE INSTEAD OF SPENDING HIS STATES MONEY TO PURCHASE EM AND THEN PUSHING THE BLAME ON TRUMP DESPITE IT BEING 100% CUOMO FAULTS