Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Jefferson

Justin Jefferson

If we skip on taking a receiver at 12 and Mayock decides on trading down into the high second or late first. Jefferson is exactly the type of receiver we should be looking at. Great hands, hard worker, very good route runner, physical runner, good blocker. He doesn't have the Jeudy 4.3 speed. Jefferson is going to shock some people and run in the high 4.4's low 4.5's. Vegas had his over under at 4.55 or 4.6. He will go under that time. LSU receivers rarely disappoint with speed. He is capable of starting day 1. Jefferson isn't the deep threat of Ruggs, but he will get open. But that's also not our offense. He's a chain mover and plays inside and outside. I can see him cathing 75 balls in his rookie year, with 7 touchdowns. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 19. I will bang the drum for my LSU boy. I have him third in my WR rankings. Behind Jeudy and Lamb. I take him over ruggs all day long. Ruggs is a one trick pony.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    If we skip on taking a receiver at 12 and Mayock decides on trading down into the high second or late first. Jefferson is exactly the type of receiver we should be looking at. Great hands, hard worker, very good route runner, physical runner, good blocker. He doesn't have the Jeudy 4.3 speed. Jefferson is going to shock some people and run in the high 4.4's low 4.5's. Vegas had his over under at 4.55 or 4.6. He will go under that time. LSU receivers rarely disappoint with speed. He is capable of starting day 1. Jefferson isn't the deep threat of Ruggs, but he will get open. But that's also not our offense. He's a chain mover and plays inside and outside. I can see him cathing 75 balls in his rookie year, with 7 touchdowns. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 19. I will bang the drum for my LSU boy. I have him third in my WR rankings. Behind Jeudy and Lamb. I take him over ruggs all day long. Ruggs is a one trick pony.
    one of reagor,jefferson,mims or higgins will fall to the 2nd rd,so trading down and getting a lower 1st to pick up a 2nd is smart id trade down twice with both 1st rd pick just to get lower 1st rd picks and add 2x 2nd rd picks giving us 2x 1st,2x 2nds and 3x 3rds

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    one of reagor,jefferson,mims or higgins will fall to the 2nd rd,so trading down and getting a lower 1st to pick up a 2nd is smart id trade down twice with both 1st rd pick just to get lower 1st rd picks and add 2x 2nd rd picks giving us 2x 1st,2x 2nds and 3x 3rds
    I don't think Jefferson gets past the Saints. Home town kid, won a championship with LSU. Desperate need opposite Thomas. Jefferson is similar to Thomas in style of play. Great hands, great route runner, not a burner. Similar size. Thomas is a little taller. Jefferson is not going to put up Thomas like numbers in any situation. You can't compare college production,Jefferson did in one season what Thomas did in his career . But similarities do exist. Very good chance he goes to the saints. We will know tonight who's falling to the 2nd round after the 40's.

I don't think Jefferson gets past the Saints. Home town kid, won a championship with LSU. Desperate need opposite Thomas. Jefferson is similar to Thomas in style of play. Great hands, great route runner, not a burner. Similar size. Thomas is a little taller. Jefferson is not going to put up Thomas like numbers in any situation. You can't compare college production,Jefferson did in one season what Thomas did in his career . But similarities do exist. Very good chance he goes to the saints. We will know tonight who's falling to the 2nd round after the 40's.
    i have jefferson as my 4th best wr coming out,love the kid we could still use the lower 1st thats just in front of the saints to get jefferson,same can be said of ruggs,viska,reagor but getting those 2 2nd rd picks would be awesome for our team

The key, is there a player teams want to trade up for at 12?
    It’s there a VERY important player teams will be willing to overpay to get to 12?

I think QB Love could go top 10 and push some big names down.
    Or Love at 12 could be the big name someone is willing to pay extra for.

LOVE those 2nd tier WRs in the late 1st / early 2nd
    I’m in!

The blocking and worker, sounds like a Gruden type player. Would not mind dropping down the 19th pick, getting an asset and Jefferson. Solid pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    The key, is there a player teams want to trade up for at 12?
    It’s there a VERY important player teams will be willing to overpay to get to 12?

I think QB Love could go top 10 and push some big names down.
    Or Love at 12 could be the big name someone is willing to pay extra for.

LOVE those 2nd tier WRs in the late 1st / early 2nd
    I’m in!
    love,one ot eh left tackles,one of jeudy/ceedee or what about the beast could entice a team to make a move to #12 from the 20's and give us an 2nd rd pick back plus a 5th

ps what about new england jumping up to get jeudy/lamb or love from pick 23,pick 12 value 1200 points,pick 23 value 760= - 440 points we could get the 1st from next yr or all 3 of their 3rd rd picks giving us 6 3rd rd picks or their 2nd rd next yr plus 1 of their 3rd rd picks and a 4th rd pick
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 02-27-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    love,one ot eh left tackles,one of jeudy/ceedee or what about the beast could entice a team to make a move to #12 from the 20's and give us an 2nd rd pick back plus a 5th

ps what about new england jumping up to get jeudy/lamb or love from pick 23,pick 12 value 1200 points,pick 23 value 760= - 440 points we could get the 1st from next yr or all 3 of their 3rd rd picks giving us 6 3rd rd picks or their 2nd rd next yr plus 1 of their 3rd rd picks and a 4th rd pick
    I always welcome trade downs in the first. Especially when a team has so many needs and isn't one player away. If we were one corner away from competing, then I would be against a trade down. But we need 5 or 6 players on defense a couple of receivers on offense.

I always welcome trade downs in the first. Especially when a team has so many needs and isn't one player away. If we were one corner away from competing, then I would be against a trade down. But we need 5 or 6 players on defense a couple of receivers on offense.
    Mayock did it right last year, he had multiple targets still on the board coming up and moved the pick, targets still up there, he moved again. Mayock knows how to maximize his tool chest.

Besides moving around to secure more picks, I can think of another way to hopefully get that 2nd round pick that we're missing.

BTW, Raiders are already talking with Brady's agent, Don Yee.

Brady is back, he's got Jefferson..... TD RAIIIIIDAHS !
    Last edited by RAIDERMAN818; 02-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.