Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Derek Carr reportedly being shopped at the combine....

Running Gruden's offense at a high level, my ass.

Only if Gruden's offense calls for one read, never looking downfield, missing opportunity after opportunity, and constantly turfing the ball on 3rd and even 4th down.

Hopefully Mayock's PT Barnum act reels in a desperate sucker.

[QUOTE=Raiderjohn622;82480]...can't imagine Brady in Tennessee.....then again Joe did choose to go to KC......[/QUOTE

Actually, I can, John. They're pretty close. Have a good defense, some decent weapons, a solid OL and a go to horse in Henry.

Plus, while I don't think money is a big issue to TB12, (winning is more of a factor IMO), Tenn has no state tax.

Encouraged by the reports today that Brady is leaving the Pats.

Hope we land him.

From Adam Schein:

Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders

One year ago at this very event in Indy, Mike Mayock called Carr "a franchise quarterback."This year, he stressed how the Raiders will always look to improve at every position. Yep. I sense a change of heart. OK, Mayock also threw in some very praiseworthy words for Carr. But at this moment, I wouldn't advise Carr to invest in Las Vegas property.

Personally, I remain a Carr fan. He can play. And at age 28, he could just be entering his prime. If I were Gruden, I would bring Carr to Sin City. Antonio Brown torpedoed last season before it began. Why not get Carr a few more viable receiving options and see what happens?

That said, you really get the sense that Gruden -- who didn't hold a press conference in Indy -- is antsy to make a change. Personally, I would only consider replacing Carr if Brady wanted to play Vegas. But I think Gruden has made up his mind: He's done with Carr.
    ====================================
    LET IT BE !

Whether or not Carr is back next season, it's safe to assume he's not going to win a Superbowl in his career and Gruden is well aware of that. He just doesn't have enough dog in him unfortunately among other attributes you see in Superbowl winning QB's. If Carr comes back, it's purely for the reason of not going into Vegas with a question mark (a mid round pick/washed up journeyman) at QB..
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 02-27-2020 at 03:37 PM.