Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CeeDee Lamb talks about visit with Raiders

CeeDee Lamb talks about visit with Raiders

Cee Dee has been on my radar since the fall.

Psly has the Bill Parcells mentality.
    Parcells says with those premium picks, take your QBs, guys that block for the QBs, and defensive playmakers.
    Weapons on O? Those guys can be had in the middle rounds.

I could see us subscribing to that. Kinlaw and a impact LBer like Queen would transform our D.
    But we go back to no 2nd rounder.

In the end I don’t think we want to wait until mid/late 3rd to see what’s left at WR.
    I’m thinking Gruden pushes for one of these top 5 WRs in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Parcells says with those premium picks, take your QBs, guys that block for the QBs, and defensive playmakers.

I could see us subscribing to that. Kinlaw and a impact LBer like Queen would transform our D.

In the end I don’t think we want to wait until mid/late 3rd to see what’s left at WR.
    expect us to drop down with our #12 pick or #19 pick to get a 2nd rd back

It's how teams are built. You also need to build the team before the QB is taken. The QB should be the last piece to the puzzle. It enables the QB to be successful and the team will be successful. If you are close to the playoffs get the QB. It takes 3 or 4 years before a terrible team becomes successful. That's if they continue to draft correctly. When teams draft the QB before the team is ready to compete, the lose years of cheap QB play and when the team is ready to compete they have to sign the QB to a huge contract to keep them. I get people want to move on from Carr. But no matter who comes in. They will be two years away from competing. They wasted a high pick on a QB that would help the defense. Now when the team is ready to compete. We have to let good players go to keep the QB. Now the team gets set back. The chiefs did it perfect. They had a playoff team, took the QB and he's successful. The Browns have tried how many times and failed. I will have to agree, I think Gruden will want a WR in hte 1st. Mayock was talking yesterday that they have high bust rates. And are risky. Mayock best bet is to trade down a couple of times and get a 2nd rounder. Take the reciever in the 2nd and all D in the first.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-26-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Personally, Id love to see us take either Simmons or Kinlaw at 12, trade back with the Vikes at 19 to 25 (theyre rumored to want Love), get back our 2nd rounder there, Theres still some WR talent on the board there, Shenault from Colorado, Jefferson from LSU, or hell, take Queen from LSU at LB

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    I'm one of the guys here who wants a WR at #12. I know the class is deep however these top 3 or 4 guys look to be sure playmakers. I would still even want another speedster in the 3rd round.

Only way I would be happy with NOT taking a WR in the first is if we managed to get a guy like AJ Green, Stephon Diggs or Robby Anderson in FA. That case I would be ok with picking up 2 defensive guys in the first. Or maybe better yet, trading down/up into the second round to grab a guy in the next tier of receivers like Aiyuk or Reagor.

Simmons is the only player I'd take at 12 over the top two wideouts. But he will be gone at 12 most assured.

If we get out wideout at 12 then I could see a trade down and still grab LB Queen or if possible Murry. I see Murry gone soon at or just after 19,
    Last edited by rabidraider; 02-26-2020 at 02:38 PM.

I wanted Tremaine Edmunds. Devin White. We passed on Both. I WISH we would pick an ELITE LINEBACKER one day..............

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    I'm one of the guys here who wants a WR at #12. I know the class is deep however these top 3 or 4 guys look to be sure playmakers. I would still even want another speedster in the 3rd round.

Only way I would be happy with NOT taking a WR in the first is if we managed to get a guy like AJ Green, Stephon Diggs or Robby Anderson in FA. That case I would be ok with picking up 2 defensive guys in the first. Or maybe better yet, trading down/up into the second round to grab a guy in the next tier of receivers like Aiyuk or Reagor.
    im all for robbie anderson and taking jalen reagor late 1st rd and there is also aiyuk and mims whom are great as well