Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Mayock thinks Raiders 'need help at wideout'

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Raiders were very close last year. Anything less than 9 wins in 2020 and we are heading in the wrong direction.
    im looking for 10 to 11 wins we basically went 9-7 this past season if the damn refs weren't blind or on the take

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Patrick Queen wouldn’t be a reach at #19.
    The guy is shooting up draft boards. It’s no longer a given he’s even there.
    Daniel Jeremiah has him as his #15th overall prospect.

He was the best defender on a stacked LSU defense.
    Plus he’s about to kill the combine.
    patrick queen is this yrs hyped riser,lots of flashes but only avg play whomever draft that kid high is gonna go thru some headaches imo

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    patrick queen is this yrs hyped riser,lots of flashes but only avg play whomever draft that kid high is gonna go thru some headaches imo
    I would compare him to Devin Bush. I was not high on Bush last year, they are similar players. Size wise and speed wise. Queens game tape is better. Queen is actually more physical then Bush. The knock on Queen as was my knock on him. Is playing time? He didn;t start until this year. He had White playing in front of him for two years. Tough to beat out one of the best college MLB in the past 15 years. Similar to Devin White, both were converted running backs. So they have not been playing linebacker that long. The best football is ahead of them. I've actually changed my approach to linebackers. They don't need to take on blockers anymore, those linebackers are done in the NFL. It's all about speed and coverage. That's why I think a lot of college strong safeties will be converting to will and sam linebackers. You still that physical mike linebacker that is a tackling machine. But that linebacker needs to be faster. Devin White is the prototypical mike, for the NFL runs a 4.4 and hits like a mack truck. Having a mike like that in the middle will allow quicker smaller linebackers on the outside, where the main responsibility will be coverage and blitzing. Fits perfectly for Queen in the new NFL. Even my Lsu bias i still think that Murray should be taken ahead of Queen. Murray is the better player.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-27-2020 at 05:26 AM.

im looking for 10 to 11 wins we basically went 9-7 this past season if the damn refs weren't blind or on the take
    It all depends on the defense. If the defense can't create turnovers or get in the 15-20 range. 11 wins is out of reach. Even if we score 400 points still looking at 8-8 if that defense doesn't get better.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I would compare him to Devin Bush. I was not high on Bush last year, they are similar players. Size wise and speed wise. Queens game tape is better. Queen is actually more physical then Bush. The knock on Queen as was my knock on him. Is playing time? He didn;t start until this year. He had White playing in front of him for two years. Tough to beat out one of the best college MLB in the past 15 years. Similar to Devin White, both were converted running backs. So they have not been playing linebacker that long. The best football is ahead of them. I've actually changed my approach to linebackers. They don't need to take on blockers anymore, those linebackers are done in the NFL. It's all about speed and coverage. That's why I think a lot of college strong safeties will be converting to will and sam linebackers. You still that physical mike linebacker that is a tackling machine. But that linebacker needs to be faster. Devin White is the prototypical mike, for the NFL runs a 4.4 and hits like a mack truck. Having a mike like that in the middle will allow quicker smaller linebackers on the outside, where the main responsibility will be coverage and blitzing. Fits perfectly for Queen in the new NFL. Even my Lsu bias i still think that Murray should be taken ahead of Queen. Murray is the better player.
    i have murray ahead of queen but both are on a lower level then simmons

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    It all depends on the defense. If the defense can't create turnovers or get in the 15-20 range. 11 wins is out of reach. Even if we score 400 points still looking at 8-8 if that defense doesn't get better.
    our defense will improve,young talent will be added and free agency should boost us toward top 15 levels,offense should also improve

i have murray ahead of queen but both are on a lower level then simmons
    What makes Simmons unique is he's able to play multiple positions. If you limit him to S or to SAM, it hurts his value. Don't think he gets to us anyway and i'm against trading up.

offense should also improve
    Only if a certain somebody is traded.