Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Mike Mayock Happy With Derek Carr But Won’t Turn Down Chance To Upgrade

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Carr has had a defense that averages giving up 416 points a season.

    Peyton Manning had 2 defense in his career that gave up over 400 points. His record on those seasons 6-10 and 3-13 one other season at 388 they went 10-6
    Dan Marino 3 times they had a defense that gave up more then 370. those teams records were 8-8, 6-10 and 8-8
    These are two of the greatest QB's in the history of the NFL and they made the playoffs one time in 6 years giving up more than 370 points. The Raiders have done it every year Carr was the QB. THey given up 419,467,373,385,399,452. Carr was 12-2 with that terrible defense. Possibly one of the greatest accomplishments in the history of the NFL. Kansas City went 12-4 and gave up 421. THey had also the single greatest statistical season and he had two more losses then Carr. It really doesn't matter what the QB record vs playoff teams was, the Raiders have been the the 2nd worst team in the NFL during carrs tenure. The Raiders defense during the 6 years gave up more points than the Cleveland Browns. The Browns had 24 wins in 6 years. Raiders had 39. Not good, but nobody could compete year in and year out with the defense the Raiders fielded.
    Raiders

    2019 -- 24th -- 419 points against
    2018 -- 32nd -- 467 points against
    2017 -- 20th -- 373 points against
    2016 -- 20th -- 385 points against
    2013 -- 29th -- 453 points against

    Average rank: 25 -- Average points against: 419 -- Average record: 6-10

    Despite having a better defense in 2017 vs 2016, our record plummeted from 12-4 to 6-10

    These teams all made the playoffs with a poor defense which gave up plus/minus 400 points

    Team -- Defense rank (ppg) -- Points scored against

    2019 Seahawks -- 22nd -- 398
    2019 Texans -- 19th -- 385
    2018 Chiefs -- 24th -- 421
    2016 Falcons -- 27th -- 406
    2016 Packers -- 21st -- 388
    2013 Broncos -- 22nd -- 399
    2013 Packers -- 24th -- 428

    Average rank: 23 -- Average points against: 403 -- Average record: 11-5

    Difference in defense rank: 2
    Difference in points against: 16 (1 point per game)
    Difference in wins: minus 5

    It goes beyond poor defense..

    There's a massive gap between Carr and the type of QB that can put a team on his back and just get it done (Rodgers, Manning, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, even Matt Ryan got it done in 2016)

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 02-26-2020 at 11:20 AM.

  2. #42
    The ones who think the whole problem is Carr will not be swayed by little things like facts. The ones who don't think that Carr is the whole issue don't need convincing. Its simple to me, until and unless your defense can stop the other team, you wont win much. Hell, in the SB against TB we had the #1 ranked offense, put up 24 pts against a team that knew what we were going to run, and got smoked, because we couldn't stop them. I agree Carr is not an elite, top tier QB, but hes a lot better than anything weve had since Gannon. I don't think he is the problem. Concentrate on the D, and the rest will follow. I do think we need to draft a QB for the future, allow him to sit a year, or 2 or 3, and build a defense. Then you can tailor the offense to your QBs strengths. Carr is running the offense he is given. Granted, hes made a few bonehead decisions. But he has also gone 12-2 when he had a halfway decent WR corps, a respectable ground game, and a D that made some stops.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan43 View Post
    The ones who think the whole problem is Carr will not be swayed by little things like facts. The ones who don't think that Carr is the whole issue don't need convincing. Its simple to me, until and unless your defense can stop the other team, you wont win much. Hell, in the SB against TB we had the #1 ranked offense, put up 24 pts against a team that knew what we were going to run, and got smoked, because we couldn't stop them. I agree Carr is not an elite, top tier QB, but hes a lot better than anything weve had since Gannon. I don't think he is the problem. Concentrate on the D, and the rest will follow. I do think we need to draft a QB for the future, allow him to sit a year, or 2 or 3, and build a defense. Then you can tailor the offense to your QBs strengths. Carr is running the offense he is given. Granted, hes made a few bonehead decisions. But he has also gone 12-2 when he had a halfway decent WR corps, a respectable ground game, and a D that made some stops.
    There's a whole lot of facts that work against Carr as well, it's not one-way traffic. There's more than a handful of teams with poor defenses that have qualified for the playoffs, or at least fared better than we have. Carr is part of the problem, he's not absolved by any stretch of anyone's imagination which is why it's fairly clear that Gruden doesn't have much faith in Carr as a long-term solution.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Raiders

    2019 -- 24th -- 419 points against
    2018 -- 32nd -- 467 points against
    2017 -- 20th -- 373 points against
    2016 -- 20th -- 385 points against
    2013 -- 29th -- 453 points against

    Average rank: 25 -- Average points against: 419 -- Average record: 6-10

    Despite having a better defense in 2017 vs 2016, our record plummeted from 12-4 to 6-10

    These teams all made the playoffs with a poor defense which gave up plus/minus 400 points

    Team -- Defense rank (ppg) -- Points scored against

    2019 Seahawks -- 22nd -- 398
    2019 Texans -- 19th -- 385
    2018 Chiefs -- 24th -- 421
    2016 Falcons -- 27th -- 406
    2016 Packers -- 21st -- 388
    2013 Broncos -- 22nd -- 399
    2013 Packers -- 24th -- 428

    Average rank: 23 -- Average points against: 403 -- Average record: 11-5

    Difference in defense rank: 2
    Difference in points against: 16 (1 point per game)
    Difference in wins: minus 5

    It goes beyond poor defense..

    There's a massive gap between Carr and the type of QB that can put a team on his back and just get it done (Rodgers, Manning, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, even Matt Ryan got it done in 2016)

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1
    We made the playoffs one year giving up 385. We were 12-4. Every one of those teams has the ability to score. Each team has multiple receivers that get deep. Seahawks had Metcalf and Lockett. Texans, Hopkins and Fuller. Chiefs Hill. Falcons Julio. Packers Nelson and Adams. Broncos Thomas and Decker. These were high powered offense that went to Super Bowl. If you look at each of these defenses they created turnovers. The Raider defenses dont except the one year. Carr got it done in 2016.
    The 2013 Packer team was 8-7-1. Weak division got them in the playoffs. 2013 Broncos and 2016 Falcons went to the super bowl. and 2018 chiefs division championship. 2 chiefs and broncos team had the two of the greatest offensive seasons in NFL history.

    Look at Matt Ryans other seasons where he gave up more 370 points
    2018 and 2019. 7-9 both seasons
    2014 6-10
    2013 4-12
    So tell me again how matt ryan is getting it done with the best receiver in football. Records look a lot like the Raiders. We didn't have a better defense in 2017 than 16. Yes the allowed 12 less points. 2016 created 30 turnovers and 2017 to 14 turnovers. 2nd in the league to 29th.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    There's a whole lot of facts that work against Carr as well, it's not one-way traffic. There's more than a handful of teams with poor defenses that have qualified for the playoffs, or at least fared better than we have. Carr is part of the problem, he's not absolved by any stretch of anyone's imagination which is why it's fairly clear that Gruden doesn't have much faith in Carr as a long-term solution.
    Teams do it once. That's it. The Packers twice and one team was 8-7-1. They don't fare better. They fare exactly the same. Carr made the Playoffs in 2016. You need to have a defense that creates turnovers when you have a terrible defense. If you don't create turnovers, you have a losing record. It's that simple. Each one of those teams that made the playoffs were creating turnovers.

    2019 Seahawks 32 turnovers
    2019 Texans 22 turnovers
    2018 chiefs 27 turnovers
    2016 falcons. 22 turnovers
    2016 packers 25 turnovers
    2013 broncos. 26 turnovers
    2013 packers 22 turnovers

    2019 Raiders 15 turnovers
    2018 Raiders. 17 turnovers
    2017 Raiders 14 turnovers
    2016 Raiders 30 turnovers(playoffs). coincidence
    2015 Raiders. 25 turnovers
    2014 Raiders. 14 turnovers

    2015 we created a lot of turnovers and were 7-9. Defense gave up 399. Carr's second year and new coaches. Massive improvement from the year before.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-26-2020 at 12:11 PM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Love you too, PROVO.

    The Arguing HOF, eh ? What an honor, Pal. Thanks, I'll take that as a huge compliment. At least I'm good at something.

    When you find something you're good at, please let me know.

    I want that chance to play QB in the NFL for a game too.

    Pay me a million for the game.

    I'll line up in the shotgun every snap.

    Then I'll turf the ball or throw it into the stands. Just like some one else we know.

    I won't be upset when you call me a pussy.

    I just need more weapons.

    And I'll have an easy million in the bank baby.

    POST THAT SHIT !
    Hey congratulations I gota hand it to you. Ur a real slick piece of shit lol

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    There's a whole lot of facts that work against Carr as well, it's not one-way traffic. There's more than a handful of teams with poor defenses that have qualified for the playoffs, or at least fared better than we have. Carr is part of the problem, he's not absolved by any stretch of anyone's imagination which is why it's fairly clear that Gruden doesn't have much faith in Carr as a long-term solution.
    I agree he is a PART of the problem. and a big part of that is not having the weapons on offense. Per Pro football reference.com-
    Gannon 2002 (SB year)
    418/618 67.6%
    4689 yds 293.1 ypg
    26 TD - 10 INT
    YA - 7.6
    rating - 97.3
    Carr 2019
    361/513 70.4%
    4054 yds 253.1 ypg
    21 TD - 8 INT
    YA - 7.9
    rating 93.9
    I don't see a huge gap there - Carr had 105 less pass attempts, 5 less TDs, 2 less INTs - a HIGHER YA (yards per attempt in case it isn't clear). Nobody was calling for Gannons head that season. IMO people need someone/something to blame, and Carr has been designated that scapegoat. He is a decent QB, who can get the job done when he has the proper tools. We built our offense around AB, and when that blew up, we made do. And were still playing relevant games in the last week of the season.
    Last edited by Raiderfan43; 02-26-2020 at 12:42 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan43 View Post
    The ones who think the whole problem is Carr will not be swayed by little things like facts.
    Strawman much ?

    Do you know anyone that thinks Carrbage is the whole problem ??

    This really isn't that hard.

    Fixing the defense is going to be much harder than fixing the offense.

    Why ? Because fixing the defense is going to take multiple additions and upgrades.

    Fixing the offense is far easier. That's because fielding an excellent QB will have more of an impact on fixing a broken offense than any single defender can possibly have in fixing a shitty defense.

    Carrbage is our biggest problem on offense. Do we need better WRs ? Yes we do. Unfortunately even the best WRs can't throw the ball to themselves.

    A better WR corps will help our next QB that actually uses them, so go ahead and draft a few.

    It's a given that we have to fix the defense.

    There's not a single Raider fan that thinks otherwise.

    That doesn't mean we should be content to roll along with a mediocre PUSSY at the game's most important position.

    We're not sniffing another Lombardi as long as Carrbage is our QB.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Strawman much ?

    Do you know anyone that thinks Carrbage is the whole problem ??

    This really isn't that hard.

    Fixing the defense is going to be much harder than fixing the offense.

    Why ? Because fixing the defense is going to take multiple additions and upgrades.

    Fixing the offense is far easier. That's because fielding an excellent QB will have more of an impact on fixing a broken offense than any single defender can possibly have in fixing a shitty defense.

    Carrbage is our biggest problem on offense. Do we need better WRs ? Yes we do. Unfortunately even the best WRs can't throw the ball to themselves.

    A better WR corps will help our next QB that actually uses them, so go ahead and draft a few.

    It's a given that we have to fix the defense.

    There's not a single Raider fan that thinks otherwise.

    That doesn't mean we should be content to roll along with a mediocre PUSSY at the game's most important position.

    We're not sniffing another Lombardi as long as Carrbage is our QB.
    We were okay between the 20's, but it was when we got down to the red zone, we peter out. Gruden is known for his 10 play 9 minutes drives, but if you're not getting TD's at the end of them, it's a deflator. This goes squarely on the QB, especially when we have a WR that is 6-4 and a TE that moves like a WR, at 6-6.....failing to score in the red zone is on the QB, when you have tools like that. It was on that same red zone opp against the Titans where Carr turfed it on 4th down, where he missed his first read....Waller on a 1-1 matchup with the defender backwards.......you miss that, you might as well not cash your check that week. To come to the media and say nothing was open? SMH.

  10. #50
    Did anyone point you out? Just because in your "opinion" Carr is a "pussyboy" doesn't make it so. You say hes the biggest problem on offense, I don't think so. This really isn't that hard, until we get a quality TEAM around any QB, putting the blame at their feet is asinine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •