Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Mount Rushmore

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Seriously, if AL and Madden are givens and we can only choose 2 players, I'm going with Art Shell as the third face on Raider Rushmore. The final name is incredibly hard to choose.

Gene, Snake, Willie, Cliff, Freddie, Marcus, Howie, Ted, 2 Jims, Jack...these guys are so fucking great and such true Raider immortals that I don't even need to include thier last names.

Gun to my head, I might go Snake. So hard to choose.
    Actually, nobody is a given. I think Al Davis has to be in the conversation. After that, it gets hard to pick the other three.

AL Davis, Jon Madden, Jack Tatum, Tim Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Actually, nobody is a given. I think Al Davis has to be in the conversation. After that, it gets hard to pick the other three.
    OK. From the opening post I thought maybe you wanted to only choose 2 players.

I agree, AL is an automatic. Can't have a Raider Rushmore without the Godfather. So that leaves 3. Don't think I'd go Madden, although he's worthy of consideration.

AL, Art, Ken and Willie might be my choices.

It's really hard to choose. We need another mountain.

Also deserving mention but maybe not as flashy as some of the others mentioned here is Steve Wisniewski. I love how he went hard every play at least until the whistle. We could fill an entire mountain with all of the legends who have played for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Raiderman really???? You going to snub JaMeatloaf like that.
    Crap. You're right. How could I have forgotten JaMoron ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Also deserving mention but maybe not as flashy as some of the others mentioned here is Steve Wisniewski. I love how he went hard every play at least until the whistle. We could fill an entire mountain with all of the legends who have played for this franchise.
    Wiz was a helluva player. As was Dave Dalby. Easy to overlook some of the great OLinemen.

No one's even mentioned Tim Brown.

George Atkinson.

The Tooz.

Otis Sistrunk.

Lyle Alzado.

Phil Villapiano.

Ray Guy

Marv Hubbard

Ray Chester

Clarence Davis

Mike Davis

Lester Hayes !

Mike Haynes

Granted, some of these guys probably aren't Rushmore worthy, but they're all legends to me nonetheless.

Actually feel a little sorry for the younger members of Raider Nation. Imagine being a kid and only knowing losing. Worse yet, imagine thinking a pussy loser like Carrbage exemplifies what being a Raider means.

Ray Guy is a good one. Maybe the best player at his position ever.

It's so hard to pick just 4. Been a fan for 46 years....I've seen a few don the Silver and Black. But when I think of our history and who I think of when I say "The Raiders" Al Davis, Art Shell, John Madden, and Kenny Stabler. 5th place would go to Lester Hayes (my favorite Raider of all time)

Al, Madden, Stabler, Long