Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the #1 FA target for Mayock?

Who will be the #1 FA target for Mayock?

I really think Byron Jones. We have a huge need at corner and Jones is a very good player. We have a younger player in Mullen who is coming along fine but would really excel in the #2 role. Jones will be getting around 16 million per, which is a lot of money. I'm not a fan of signing FA's, but Jones is young and Dallas would love to keep him. But they can't sign everybody. I would prefer Jones over a receiver. Signing Jones will take drafting a corner in the first round off the table. We could still use a slot guy, Joyner was not up to the task last year. But the defense has more pressing needs then a slot corner. Would prefer we draft a WR over signing Robbie Anderson. I like Robbie Anderson and think he's better then Tyrell Williams. But not at what Anderson will get on the open market. Don't like him that much. To compete with KC we will need corners to slow down Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I really think Byron Jones. We have a huge need at corner and Jones is a very good player. We have a younger player in Mullen who is coming along fine but would really excel in the #2 role. Jones will be getting around 16 million per, which is a lot of money. I'm not a fan of signing FA's, but Jones is young and Dallas would love to keep him. But they can't sign everybody. I would prefer Jones over a receiver. Signing Jones will take drafting a corner in the first round off the table. We could still use a slot guy, Joyner was not up to the task last year. But the defense has more pressing needs then a slot corner. Would prefer we draft a WR over signing Robbie Anderson. I like Robbie Anderson and think he's better then Tyrell Williams. But not at what Anderson will get on the open market. Don't like him that much. To compete with KC we will need corners to slow down Mahomes.
    i like jones but think chris harris is a better signing for us due to cost,still playing at a very high level too

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i like jones but think chris harris is a better signing for us due to cost,still playing at a very high level too
    I would not be upset if we signed Harris, prefer Jones because of age and play. Harris is 30 and Denver is letting him go. That usually means that he isn't worth what he will get in free agency. His play did slip the past couple years. He's given up 8 TD's the past two seasons. Denver would know best if he's lost a step. Is Harris Sean Smith or does he still have it?
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-19-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Chris Harris is old and a slot corner. Makes 0 sense to sign him at this stage of his career. Byron Jones for a few mil per year more is a no brainer. Cory Littleton if he hits the market should be a top target as well. Also love Anthony Harris if Justin Simmons is tagged. We need a vet on the back end to pair with Abram
    Last edited by Raidernation24; 02-20-2020 at 03:47 AM.

A lot will depend on draft strategy.
    If they are thinking with #12 get Kinlaw, then won’t throw big $ at the Chief.

If they are thinking double dip at WR in the top rounds, maybe don’t be aggressive in WR free agency.

Who knows, maybe they are targeting a CB in the 1st. So shying away from the top top CBs is the plan.

I think it’s safe to say we might target LBer 1st? Littleton?
    But maybe we are blown away at Queen at #19?

I think Littleton is the top option in FA. He's a top 5 pass defender and is quick and lanky. We give him a blank check because we gotta stop Mahomes for the next 10 years and anybody with his track record and physicality helps.

option 2 is to sign a good but not necessarily great player at a pass rushing DT, FS or another LB. Mayock can pick one but if it were up to me, I want to look for 2 impact players.

Quinton Dunbar DB, Washington Redskins
    ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Redskins CB Quinton Dunbar reached out to the team to discuss a reasonable contract restructure, but Washington declined the conversation.

Dunbar previously denied rumors that he requested a release or trade. It's fair for the Redskins' No. 1 CB to want some sort of financial security entering his contract year, although historically Ron Rivera's defense hasn't made a habit of utilizing high-priced corners. Dunbar finished the 2019 season as PFF's No. 2 overall CB, but (like No. 1 CB Richard Sherman) never made a habit of traveling with the opponent's No. 1 WR. This likely won't be the last we hear of unrest between Dunbar and Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    I think Littleton is the top option in FA. He's a top 5 pass defender and is quick and lanky. We give him a blank check because we gotta stop Mahomes for the next 10 years and anybody with his track record and physicality helps.

option 2 is to sign a good but not necessarily great player at a pass rushing DT, FS or another LB. Mayock can pick one but if it were up to me, I want to look for 2 impact players.
    I agree on Littleton. Keeping the receivers covered give the pass rush more time to get the QB.

Ill take Corey Littleton, Trae Waynes & AJ Green

Major need is Littleton. Jones would be nice, he'd be a solid pairing the next 3 years with Mullen, solidifies a spot on the field. Littleon offers a bit more as field general for 100% of the snaps, either as an outside backer or middle backer on pass downs.