Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Who will be the #1 FA target for Mayock?

  1. #11
    I’m out on Byron Jones... would rather get Waynes for cheaper and spread that money out ... I think Littleton might get the big bag from us.

    Jones has 2 career interceptions... lol

    My targets would Littleton , Waynes , Hyde, Travis Benjamin, Brandham , Anthony Harris

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    I’m out on Byron Jones... would rather get Waynes for cheaper and spread that money out ... I think Littleton might get the big bag from us.

    Jones has 2 career interceptions... lol

    My targets would Littleton , Waynes , Hyde, Travis Benjamin, Brandham , Anthony Harris
    Same reason why I say Waynes over Jones

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    I’m out on Byron Jones... would rather get Waynes for cheaper and spread that money out ... I think Littleton might get the big bag from us.

    Jones has 2 career interceptions... lol

    My targets would Littleton , Waynes , Hyde, Travis Benjamin, Brandham , Anthony Harris
    Jones, is a gifted athlete, but where do you put him? Safety or corner? 2 picks......SMH....crazy. Plus it's also system...I remember the days where you at least look for the ball, today, nope most corners are facing the receiver and trying to figure out if the ball is coming by the gestures of the receiver. Given the way PI's are called today, wouldn't it make more sense to face the QB, look for the ball...and if you knock over the receiver by going for the ball......

  4. #14
    looks like anthony harris will get the tag

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Jones, is a gifted athlete, but where do you put him? Safety or corner? 2 picks......SMH....crazy. Plus it's also system...I remember the days where you at least look for the ball, today, nope most corners are facing the receiver and trying to figure out if the ball is coming by the gestures of the receiver. Given the way PI's are called today, wouldn't it make more sense to face the QB, look for the ball...and if you knock over the receiver by going for the ball......
    He's a corner and has been the past two years. A very good one. It is rare that a young, top corner hits the open market. they are usually franchised or resigned. Teams know how valuable they are. The cowboys can't sign everybody. Cooper and Prescott are free agents and somebody will get tagged. It isn't about picks all the time. The better corners don't get that many interceptions, teams go to the other corner and they get more opportunities. Jalen Ramsey had 1 interception last year, look what the Rams gave up for him.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-22-2020 at 06:48 AM.

  6. #16
    Here are the stats the past two years for Byron Jones and Jalen Ramsey


    att comp comp% TD QB% Yards
    113 61 54 3 76.4 856 (2017)
    68 45 66 1 89.6 549 (2018)

    80 42 52.5 2. 84.7 586 (2017)
    64 34 53.1 3 87.1 395. (2018)

    The first two are Jalen Ramsey the bottom two are Bryon Jones. Jones numbers are arguably better. Ramsey had 4 picks and jones had 2. As good as ramsey is, QB's throw at him more. Could it be that the cowboys other corner is weaker then Boute with the Jags. Yes. If Jones is signed, Mullen will be challenged...a lot. He played good last year as opposed to Worley who's given up 10 TD's the past two seasons.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-22-2020 at 07:03 AM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    1,626
    Does anyone know if Vontaze is allowed to even play in 2020?

  8. #18
    What was wrong with Isaiah Johnson?
    December 2019 -
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    If Carr plays 2 seasons in Vegas, I will leave the board. If Carr doesn't last 2 seasons in Vegas, you leave. How about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Accepted.
    The countdown begins

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Does anyone know if Vontaze is allowed to even play in 2020?
    I’m pretty sure his suspension is for the rest of 2019.

    NFL scared to death of lawsuits, are ultra conservative in any upper body hits.

    Any hit on a player will be looked at as a possible season long suspension.
    Burfict knows this, can he change his game?
    He’s a very good MLBer, and knows the system. But he has a target on his back PLUS he wears the most penalized uniform in the history of the NFL.

    Do we resign him? It’s all about output per cost. We will sign him to a super small 1 year deal.
    Get him in training camp and preseason with the new linebackers.
    Even if he survives a few games, he’ll be a big help to the new guys

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    I’m pretty sure his suspension is for the rest of 2019.

    NFL scared to death of lawsuits, are ultra conservative in any upper body hits.

    Any hit on a player will be looked at as a possible season long suspension.
    Burfict knows this, can he change his game?
    He’s a very good MLBer, and knows the system. But he has a target on his back PLUS he wears the most penalized uniform in the history of the NFL.

    Do we resign him? It’s all about output per cost. We will sign him to a super small 1 year deal.
    Get him in training camp and preseason with the new linebackers.
    Even if he survives a few games, he’ll be a big help to the new guys
    I agree on bringing him back on the cheap,but like you said...He's gona have a big magnifying glass on him. He could get another season long suspension on any given play. I feel like it could be hard to focus and play football given those circumstances

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •