Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: What to do at #12?

  1. #1

    What to do at #12?

    Not in any order but the top 4 targets for the Raiders are Isiah Simmons, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb and Derrick Brown. What if all four are off the board? Very high possibilty, who would be the 5th option. If all four are gone it means that a couple of tackles fell and would leave us in position to trade down. OT is a coveted position and one should be available for a team like the Dolphins who need to protect the QB the selected earlier. I think we go defense. The top three would be Kinlaw, Delpit and Fulton. A receiver will be available at 19. Delpit and Kinlaw won't, Fulton is a coin flip. The receivers at 19 would be Jefferson, Ruggs, Viska and Higgins. Sure one or two could be off the board before 19. Most likely Ruggs. Do we go interior line with Kinlaw which gives us a legitmate threat inside. A legitimate playmaker in the secondary the Raiders haven's had since Charles Woodson in Delpit. Or Fulton who is a solid corner who comes from DBU, corners are tough to find. I'm leaning Kinlaw, I have to watch more tape of him. I am a little down on Delpit, he had some injuries this year which led to some tackling issues. Delpit's sophomore tape he looked like a top 5 pick and would have been a no brainer. Fulton would be 3rd. The drop from 1st round corner is huge. We most likely won't get a starting caliber one in the third. Would love to trade down and pick up a 2nd. Or do we take Ruggs at 12 and take a LB like Murray or Queen at 19. Or Ruggs and a corner like Fulton or Henderson at 19. My personal opionion I would pass on the linebacker. Linebackers like Dye, Harrison, Brooks, Phillips, Weaver could be available in the 3rd.

  2. #2
    id have kinlaw as the target at #12 if simmons,cd,jj and brown were gone then trade down #19 to bottom of the 1st or even top of the 2nd to get the xtra picks (2nd and 4th)

  3. #3
    Agreed, Kinlaw would be 5th on the list.

  4. #4
    Kinlaw and it’s not even up for debate ... that dude is a grown ass man

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    Kinlaw and it’s not even up for debate ... that dude is a grown ass man
    i might have him higher then brown after the combines and nearly even with simmons kids a beast and his upside is off the charts

  6. #6
    I just have a feeling Derrick Brown will be a bust....maybe it’s just his body but I see Kinlaw as the better player

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i might have him higher then brown after the combines and nearly even with simmons kids a beast and his upside is off the charts
    He isn't anything close to Brown. Browns tape is far superior. Seen some of Kinlaws highlights and they are nothing special. Will have to watch games against Bama, Florida, georgia and Clemson. His highlight tape was against App state and Vandy. See how he does against the top competion. Seems like a 3-4 DE still early. Will have to watch more.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I just have a feeling Derrick Brown will be a bust....maybe it’s just his body but I see Kinlaw as the better player
    Naw, kid will be good. Some D-Tackles aren’t sexy picks because they don’t get a ton of sacks ( stats) . But when a guy needs to be double teamed almost every play , he’s a factor and causes havoc in a different way - Same with Kinlaw but he does get more pressure on the QB .

    I definitely would have Brown over Kinlaw ... both are really good - similar but different type players

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    Naw, kid will be good. Some D-Tackles aren’t sexy picks because they don’t get a ton of sacks ( stats) . But when a guy needs to be double teamed almost every play , he’s a factor and causes havoc in a different way - Same with Kinlaw but he does get more pressure on the QB .

    I definitely would have Brown over Kinlaw ... both are really good - similar but different type players
    Off of appearance, Brown seems more like Quinnen Williams from last year and Kinlaw similar Jeffrey Simmons. In body styles. Kinlaw is tall and lanky and Brown looks more like a DT.

  10. #10
    A high possibility that Jeudy and CeeDee will be gone?
    I don’t think so.
    These WRs will get pushed down because of need and depth at the position.

    Could it happen? Sure, but it’s a small possibility.

    I think there’s a much higher possibility a 4th QB goes in the top 10.
    Not many people talk about, but if LOVE falls to #12, I believe teams could try and jump #13 Indy to grab the 4th best QB in the draft.

    We’re obviously going to get a better feel after the combine, and a much better feel after free agency.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •