Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lions Put CB Darius Slay On Trade Block

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Ferrell will play better in 2020; not sure on how good he will be; but as he was drafted at number 4...he should be one of the top guys in the NFL....just gotta give him a few years first to see if he a bust or not....
    3 yrs is the rule on rookies,i expect clellin to be much better in his 2nd yr spurt should be a 8-10 sack type of player as a 3 down d/e

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    3 yrs is the rule on rookies,i expect clellin to be much better in his 2nd yr spurt should be a 8-10 sack type of player as a 3 down d/e
    Hope so. But even if that's what he becomes, it's not a great return for the 4th overall pick.

Mayock did a nice job but I think when all is said and done, we could have traded back, got another pick, and still landed someone as good as CF.

Clelin looks pudgy in the video. Out of shape. Looks like a spaz too. Can barely keep his balance when he's trying to lift his left leg sideways while standing on his right.

Not going to make too much out of a 20 second training clip but it's not encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Hope so. But even if that's what he becomes, it's not a great return for the 4th overall pick.

Mayock did a nice job but I think when all is said and done, we could have traded back, got another pick, and still landed someone as good as CF.

Clelin looks pudgy in the video. Out of shape. Looks like a spaz too. Can barely keep his balance when he's trying to lift his left leg sideways while standing on his right.

Not going to make too much out of a 20 second training clip but it's not encouraging.
    its a solid return,lots of people are gonna take guys whom turned into mush in the top 10,ferrell being an 8-10 guy and holding the edge and stuffing the run is good enough for me

Clelin sucks I know you want to “win the battle” but CF is a loser he benefited from Lawrence and Wilcox at Clemson.....he’s playing like a 4th/5th round pick. If you’re telling me you’d rather CF over Josh Allen you’re smoking crank homie

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Clelin sucks I know you want to “win the battle” but CF is a loser he benefited from Lawrence and Wilcox at Clemson.....he’s playing like a 4th/5th round pick. If you’re telling me you’d rather CF over Josh Allen you’re smoking crank homie
    Talk to me in three years. He isn't playing like a 4th round pick. The last month of the season he was one of the highest rated DE's. It isn't all about sacks. Can't argue Clemson had one of the best D-lines in recent memory, but Ferrell was no clouch.

ferrell will be much better this yr,last yr he played outta position and had to learn to play inside tackle 60% of the time a position he had never ever played but it sure looked like th elightbulb went off at the end

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    ferrell will be much better this yr,last yr he played outta position and had to learn to play inside tackle 60% of the time a position he had never ever played but it sure looked like th elightbulb went off at the end
    Had the big game mid year against the Chargers. As most rookies, inconsistent will rule the season, but double up the kid's position....makes it more difficult....but going forward it helps to have experience at multiple positions. Expecting us to resign Dion Jordan to provide the interior pass rush off the bench on pass downs.

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Didnt Mack have a weak rookie year too? Only 4 sacks or something like that?? Mullen played well last year. Hopefully he shapes into our "Lockdown" CB
    I believe he was graded as the top EDGE run defender in all of football.
    Not bad for a rookie.

Official thread highjack:
    Pressure rate for 2019 first-round EDGE/DL

Nick Bosa 17.3%
    Josh Allen 13.7%
    Brian Burns 11.5%
    Rashan Gary 10.3%
    Montez Sweat 9.7%
    Christian Wilkins 9.3%
    Ed Oliver 8.6%
    Clelin Ferrell 8.1%
    Dexter Lawrence 7.8%
    Jerry Tillery 5.6%
    Quinnen Williams 5.7%
    Jeffrey Simmons 5.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    I believe he was graded as the top EDGE run defender in all of football.
    Not bad for a rookie.
    Kid is very disciplined....night and day when compared to Key. 140 yards given up on the ground per game in 2018.....118 yards in 2019.