Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: teddy bridgewater 30 million dollar qb ...wtf

  1. #1

    teddy bridgewater 30 million dollar qb ...wtf

    Teddy Bridgewater QB, New Orleans Saints
    ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Teddy Bridgewater is expected to have a "strong market" in free agency and could land a multi-year deal, paying him around $30 million per year.

    Fowler added, "Multiple teams expect Bridgewater to have a strong free agency market as a starting or bridge quarterback for a team in transition. Widely expected to be on the move unless Drew Brees retires." The number is certainly a bit shocking, although Bridgewater does deserve credit for posting above-average rankings in adjusted yards per attempt (15th), QB Rating (11th), TD Rate (13th) and completion rate (6th) among 38 QBs to start at least five games in 2019. Of course, the Saints did offer Bridgewater just about the most QB-friendly offense possible, as he was seldom asked to do more than check the ball down to Alvin Kamara or Michael Thomas. Either way: Bridgewater figures to command starter-caliber money from someone in 2020. The Saints will likely need to make a decision between keeping Bridgewater or Taysom Hill if Drew Brees wishes to continue playing in 2020.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    1,408
    They always overpaid for the best Free Agent QB in the NFL....he might not be worth the price; but if a team really need a QB, what are you going to do...

  3. #3
    He isn't worth 1/3 of his asking price. Bridgewater isn't good. Whoever signs him, will regret it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    1,625
    Hes an ok QB with a high ceiling. I dont think anyone has seen him at his best yet. & thats just the market for QBs. I wouldnt be suprised if he gets 25-30M I can see him going to the Bears

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Hes an ok QB with a high ceiling. I dont think anyone has seen him at his best yet. & thats just the market for QBs. I wouldnt be suprised if he gets 25-30M I can see him going to the Bears
    Why does he have a high ceiling? He hasn't done anything in 6 years. He was on a good Vikings team, the Vikings felt he wasn't better than Case Keenum. Case Keenum took that Vikings team to a championship game.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Why does he have a high ceiling? He hasn't done anything in 6 years. He was on a good Vikings team, the Vikings felt he wasn't better than Case Keenum. Case Keenum took that Vikings team to a championship game.
    teddy is a system qb,only reason why he did well this yr was sean paytons offense which is loaded with great talent,lots of dinking and dunking teddy has always been an avg/below avg qb never impressive except for when he got injured and made a tough come back

  7. #7
    Geez, 30 million, is that NFL minimum for a starting QB? Isn't good enough for Payton.....who wants Hill as QB in 2021. 30 million......

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Geez, 30 million, is that NFL minimum for a starting QB? Isn't good enough for Payton.....who wants Hill as QB in 2021. 30 million......
    tag is at 28 million per,that's what tanny is gonna get from the titans

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    tag is at 28 million per,that's what tanny is gonna get from the titans
    ...Yes, but the tag is an average of the top 5 salaries at that position. Bridgewater ain't worth that.

  10. #10
    Just because Jeremy Fowler says Bridgewater could land a deal paying him 30M per year doesn't make it a reality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •